Pat Freiermuth

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Pat Freiermuth

Postby jomaed » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Did not see a thread for Pat. Seems to be progressing nicely in his sophomore season. Currently TE #7 on the year on a very bad Pittsburgh offense. I honestly have not seen many Pittsburgh game last or this year. Does Freiermuth seem like a player than can keep climbing (become a top 3 TE), or are we seeing what he is now? I would guess improving in the YAC category is something that he needs to get there.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pat Freiermuth

Postby gpaok » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:45 pm

I agree, there was hope he would have a nice year 2 jump, but I feel like Trubisky was limiting him a lot! With the QB change I feel like his production might go up even more! Is he the next Kelce? Probably not but who knows! I feel like he might be in the range of Hockenson in terms of rankings (so TE4-5?) by end of year while he seems to do more with less targets.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:54 am

gpaok wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:45 pm I agree, there was hope he would have a nice year 2 jump, but I feel like Trubisky was limiting him a lot! With the QB change I feel like his production might go up even more! Is he the next Kelce? Probably not but who knows! I feel like he might be in the range of Hockenson in terms of rankings (so TE4-5?) by end of year while he seems to do more with less targets.
While I do think Trubisky was limiting the offense as a whole, I think Pat was a beneficiary. Bad/backup Qb tend to look for more check downs/over the middle throws. Usually TE/RB get more looks from my experience.

That's not to say Pickett won't target these receivers the same way, but I would expect Pickens to siphon off some targets and it may hurt Pat. There may be more opportunities for the offense though if Pickett keeps the ball moving downfield so it all my be moot.

Targets so far
Diontae 37 - 29%
Pat F 30 - 24%
Pickens 20 - 16%
Claypool 20 - 16%

I also think Pat may just be this good. He's been in that TE6-8 range for me (with Schultz/Goedert) since last year and it seemed like he was the most likely to take that jump at TE. So while the numbers are great right now, there may be a slight drop off with the QB change, but I still think Pat is a top 6 TE, behind Andrews, Kelce, Pitts, Kittle and maybe Hock. I don't think he ever pushes the top tier of dynasty TE but he's still very young

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:20 am

He seems like a buy to me over the other top TEs. He’ll be discounted comparatively, he’s still young, and he’s producing this year. What else would you want?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:27 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:20 am He seems like a buy to me over the other top TEs. He’ll be discounted comparatively, he’s still young, and he’s producing this year. What else would you want?
Yeah I never usually like buying at the peak either.

If you take trade calculators with a massive grain of salt, here's what they say would be fair offer for Pat

Amari
Jacobs
Fields (SF)
Late 1st

If you had say Pitts for example and wanted to tier down to Pat you could net

DJM
Pickett (SF)
Kenneth Walker
Kittle
Late 1st

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:57 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:27 am
waynesworld1234 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:20 am He seems like a buy to me over the other top TEs. He’ll be discounted comparatively, he’s still young, and he’s producing this year. What else would you want?
Yeah I never usually like buying at the peak either.

If you take trade calculators with a massive grain of salt, here's what they say would be fair offer for Pat

Amari
Jacobs
Fields (SF)
Late 1st

If you had say Pitts for example and wanted to tier down to Pat you could net

DJM
Pickett (SF)
Kenneth Walker
Kittle
Late 1st
That’s interesting! I don’t know if I would offer that for Pitts now, but seems like ones stock is dropping and Pat is rising.

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:00 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:54 am
gpaok wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:45 pm I agree, there was hope he would have a nice year 2 jump, but I feel like Trubisky was limiting him a lot! With the QB change I feel like his production might go up even more! Is he the next Kelce? Probably not but who knows! I feel like he might be in the range of Hockenson in terms of rankings (so TE4-5?) by end of year while he seems to do more with less targets.
While I do think Trubisky was limiting the offense as a whole, I think Pat was a beneficiary. Bad/backup Qb tend to look for more check downs/over the middle throws. Usually TE/RB get more looks from my experience.

That's not to say Pickett won't target these receivers the same way, but I would expect Pickens to siphon off some targets and it may hurt Pat. There may be more opportunities for the offense though if Pickett keeps the ball moving downfield so it all my be moot.

Targets so far
Diontae 37 - 29%
Pat F 30 - 24%
Pickens 20 - 16%
Claypool 20 - 16%

I also think Pat may just be this good. He's been in that TE6-8 range for me (with Schultz/Goedert) since last year and it seemed like he was the most likely to take that jump at TE. So while the numbers are great right now, there may be a slight drop off with the QB change, but I still think Pat is a top 6 TE, behind Andrews, Kelce, Pitts, Kittle and maybe Hock. I don't think he ever pushes the top tier of dynasty TE but he's still very young
I agree that Pickett might look less in the middle percentage wise, but like you said he should keep the offense more in which I think will give more opportunities.

Another aspect is that Pickett might try to run the ball on short and Goal - which initially I was thinking would go more to Pat but that is to be seen.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:27 am

It's a very small sample size but Pickens and Pat F tied with the most targets from Pickett once he entered the game with 4. Dointe and Claypool only had 2 targets each.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:06 am

He's as good as anyone outside of the elite few. The elite crew is getting smaller with Kittle and Waller not producing.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:06 am He's as good as anyone outside of the elite few. The elite crew is getting smaller with Kittle and Waller not producing.
Do you feel like he has surpassed Waller? He is 7 years younger and already putting up similar numbers on the year in a much less effective offense. I feel like Davante put an end to Waller being considered a top tier TE, he also hasn't looked explosive for a couple years now. I have been throwing around the idea of sending Waller + for Muth as I don't want to get caught with an aging Waller not being able to get anything back for him.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:43 pm

PigeonBoys wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:06 am He's as good as anyone outside of the elite few. The elite crew is getting smaller with Kittle and Waller not producing.
Do you feel like he has surpassed Waller? He is 7 years younger and already putting up similar numbers on the year in a much less effective offense. I feel like Davante put an end to Waller being considered a top tier TE, he also hasn't looked explosive for a couple years now. I have been throwing around the idea of sending Waller + for Muth as I don't want to get caught with an aging Waller not being able to get anything back for him.
I'd make that trade in a second. Waller has looked truly awful, and the Muth is on the rise.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:18 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:43 pm
PigeonBoys wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 pm
I'd make that trade in a second. Waller has looked truly awful, and the Muth is on the rise.
x2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:36 pm

I'm not sold that he has an elite ceiling. Strikes me as a Hunter Henry type, where he's solid and doesn't seem to have any detrimental holes to his game, but isn't really spectacular. Still, he's on the map as a TE1 going forward.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:13 pm

I traded a most likely late 2023 first (I had 5 of them) and Irv Smith for Friermuth and got lambasted by some leaguemates for it calling it a bad overpay because KTC said it’s bad 😂 Perhaps it’s an overpay but Muth is one of the few TEs that puts up consistent points and isn’t TD dependent. Will he win you games? Most likely not but he will a few tlmes a year, will he lose you games? No. That’s what the TE spot is right now in this wasteland. And again he scores points without having to score TDs that’s very valuable in this TE landscape. I also think there is a chance he ascends to the Andrews Kelce tier. Most likely not but it’s a possibility

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:36 pm I'm not sold that he has an elite ceiling. Strikes me as a Hunter Henry type, where he's solid and doesn't seem to have any detrimental holes to his game, but isn't really spectacular. Still, he's on the map as a TE1 going forward.
This is the vibe I am getting so far. Still very positive he is showing well this early on.