Team identity crisis- Good deal for Fournette and Cooks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Yung Don
Starter
Starter

Team identity crisis- Good deal for Fournette and Cooks?

Postby Yung Don » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:53 am

Hey everyone! My team is having an identity crisis and I really need some advice. I thought my team would be competitive this year but I’m 0-2 and wondering if I should blow it up. The last two years this team finished 3rd and 2nd place believe it or not, but I’m not sure if I should go for it again! I’m currently leaning towards sticking it out and trying to compete, but I’ve had several offers for my best players Leonard Fournette and Brandin Cooks.
This is for the team in my sig. I’ve been offered:

-‘23 2nd and ‘24 2nd for Brandin Cooks
-‘23 2nd and ‘24 2nd for Leonard Fournette
-‘23 2nd and ‘24 1st for both Fournette and Cooks

Are any of those deals worth it? Those are literally my best players and I was thinking maybe 1st round pick for each. Is that asking too much? Also my defense is still good and is good for 50 pts a game which isn’t enough to make a huge difference, but can keep me in games. Also most other teams in my league stink with one or two absolutely stacked teams, so there’s a chance I can still compete! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
The Yung Don Soda Boy's 2014 Champions, 2015 Champions, 2016 3rd Place, 2020 3rd Place, 2021 2nd Place
12 Team, .5 PPR, 35 man roster, IDP: 2DL, 3LB, 2DB
QB: Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Rhamondre Stevenson, Brian Robinson Jr., Jerome Ford, Zach Charbonnet, Pierre Strong, Israel Abanikanda, Damien Harris, Deuce Vaughn
WR: Rashee Rice, Jayden Reed, Calvin Ridley,, Jerry Jeudy, Juju Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Kyle Phillips, A.T. Perry, Dyami Brown, Xavier Hutchinson, Charlie Jones, Kayshon Boutte
TE: TJ Hockenson, Mike Gesicki, Hunter Henry, Harrison Bryant
DL: Deforest Buckner, Cameron Jordan
LB: Devin White, Fred Warner, Robert Spillane
DB: Jeremy Chinn, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamal Adams

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team identity crisis- Good deal for Fournette and Cooks?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:01 am

Short answer, yes I would be looking to retool this group. I think you will have an opportunity to move Harris and Pollard at the right time for decent return but I would be looking long term at your RB core. Hopefully Robinson Jr hits when he gets back. JuJu has to go at WR if there is any decent return to be found.

As far as the deals on the table, I don't think you will get a 1st for either Cooks or Fournette straight up. The two 2nds for each is likely max value. I can see holding and hoping for a better return bit it's a gamble.

I would make all the assets you are will to move available league wide and see what kind of offers come.

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:39 am

Nope I don’t like any of the deals
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Yung Don
Starter
Starter

Postby Yung Don » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:54 am

Thanks for responses guys!
I am close to taking a ‘24 1st (mid to late) and a ‘24 2nd for both Cooks and Fournette. Above poster, why should I not do it? I think I may accept! Thanks!
The Yung Don Soda Boy's 2014 Champions, 2015 Champions, 2016 3rd Place, 2020 3rd Place, 2021 2nd Place
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Rhamondre Stevenson, Brian Robinson Jr., Jerome Ford, Zach Charbonnet, Pierre Strong, Israel Abanikanda, Damien Harris, Deuce Vaughn
WR: Rashee Rice, Jayden Reed, Calvin Ridley,, Jerry Jeudy, Juju Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Kyle Phillips, A.T. Perry, Dyami Brown, Xavier Hutchinson, Charlie Jones, Kayshon Boutte

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:55 am

As someone who owns both cooks and Lenny in a few leagues.... I'll say the market isn't great out there if looking to move either. Value will only go down from here for these guys, just as it has the past yr or 2. The wr pool is just so deep, owners have or can find a guy like cooks for cheap. Fournette may string together some games that we'd think will pump his value, but even after last yrs strong season, I haven't seen that in my experiences.

As to whether or not you should deal them...your going to have to go 4-1 over the next 5 to have your head above water. I'd strongly consider.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:01 am

I'd take the 2 2nds for cooks

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:07 am

Yung Don wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:54 am Thanks for responses guys!
I am close to taking a ‘24 1st (mid to late) and a ‘24 2nd for both Cooks and Fournette. Above poster, why should I not do it? I think I may accept! Thanks!
Because they both should net you at least some picks and young players or get creative and add a 2nd to get 2 1st or something but 1st and 2nd doesn’t help much at all and as a contender buying cook and Lenny for a 2024 1st and 2nd is just stealing
TEAM 1
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:07 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:01 am I'd take the 2 2nds for cooks
This. I think there will be a better window for Lenny later.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:29 am

Your team is ready to be retooled, but I don't love these offers. I think LF is set up for a great week this week and might open up for trade window a bit
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Yung Don
Starter
Starter

Postby Yung Don » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:03 pm

Thanks very much everybody!

Appreciate everyone’s responses! I tested the trade market and I have an offer for both Cooks and Fournette that I’m probably going to take.

2023 1st, 2024 2nd, 2025 2nd for Cooks and Fournette

Thanks everybody!

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 pm

Yung Don wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:03 pm Thanks very much everybody!

Appreciate everyone’s responses! I tested the trade market and I have an offer for both Cooks and Fournette that I’m probably going to take.

2023 1st, 2024 2nd, 2025 2nd for Cooks and Fournette

Thanks everybody!
Getting that 2023 1st is huge I like this deal better…still think you could’ve gotten more but I don’t hate it
TEAM 1
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,