2022-23 coaching carousel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022-23 coaching carousel

Postby ericanadian » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:22 pm

Brian Schottenheimer to OC the Cowboys… How does this guy keep getting work?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:40 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:22 pm Brian Schottenheimer to OC the Cowboys… How does this guy keep getting work?
God, I love the Cowboys. They always deliver.

Because when you let your young hotshot 34 year old OC walk, and he is hired less than 24 hours later...

... and when you've simply "got" to let Mike McCarthy install a run-first offense, with Brian Schottenheimer as his 2IC...

I mean... you gotta do it!

Now: complete the prophecy and draft Bijan in the first round. 8-)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:52 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:22 pm Brian Schottenheimer to OC the Cowboys… How does this guy keep getting work?
This guy fails up like no other

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:37 pm

Are y'all so pessimistic you're bailing on Dallas offensive players?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:44 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:37 pm Are y'all so pessimistic you're bailing on Dallas offensive players?
We'll see how it looks post-draft. I'm sure Ceedee will still be fine.

I'd have bailed off of any Dak Prescott long ago if I had any, but I don't. I'd definitely be trying to get off him now, though - and package up for Fields, Kyler, T-Law... those guys immediately above him.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:46 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:37 pm Are y'all so pessimistic you're bailing on Dallas offensive players?
His last stop in Seattle might give you some hope, but Russell Wilson was an elite deep baller which kind of fit with what Schotty does. If he tries to run that with Dak, and I suspect he will, I don’t think it’s going to end well. I expect a lot more volatility out of Ceedee and not sure I want any part of any other receiver there. If any OC is stubborn enough to run Ezekiel until the wheels fall off, this could be the guy, so maybe I try to buy low there. Pollard could still be fine.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 pm

People don't understand it is McCarthy's offensive system. Don't be surprised if he calls the plays. Schottenheimer has been with the Cowboys for the last year learning their system.

He will be just fine helping with Game plans and working with Dak and the offense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 pm People don't understand it is McCarthy's offensive system.
What if we understand that perfectly, and think McCarthy's system is trash? Are we allowed to to be out on Dallas players then?

The Schotty thing is just a doubling down, to me. I'm ready to predict an utterly terrible season offensively for Dallas. All signs point to them going back to the stone age, scheme-wise.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:56 am

mild wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 pm People don't understand it is McCarthy's offensive system.
What if we understand that perfectly, and think McCarthy's system is trash? Are we allowed to to be out on Dallas players then?

The Schotty thing is just a doubling down, to me. I'm ready to predict an utterly terrible season offensively for Dallas. All signs point to them going back to the stone age, scheme-wise.
Schotty was in Seattle from 2018-2020. Did you see Russ's numbers for those 3 years?

The "stone age" you refer to, was Pete Carroll wanting to run more, IMO. Russell's best offensive numbers came under this guy. There was, as far as I know, a philosophical difference between how Carroll wanted to do things, and Schotty, and Schotty wasn't the "stone aged" guy.

Pete wanted to run the ball more effectively, but they really didn't have the explosive guy, to make that happen IMO. Carson wasn't what was a good fit, and Penny was always hurt. I understand that Pete wanted them to adjust more to different schemes, but Carson was a grinder, nothing more. Anyways, I don't think Schottenheimer is all that terrible, at least for FF purposes, I think they should be fine. I can't say for certain who was right or wrong, but Schotty for FF purposes, and the passing game, was lights out for numbers, and that's what we care about.

Kellen Moore really wasn't all that great, and TBH, he started off hot, and sort of dissipated. He's a bit of a disappointing hire for Herbert. I am not expecting Dallas to be worse next year, on offense, based on this switch.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:56 am Schotty was in Seattle from 2018-2020. Did you see Russ's numbers for those 3 years?

The "stone age" you refer to, was Pete Carroll wanting to run more, IMO. Russell's best offensive numbers came under this guy. There was, as far as I know, a philosophical difference between how Carroll wanted to do things, and Schotty, and Schotty wasn't the "stone aged" guy.

Kellen Moore really wasn't all that great, and TBH, he started off hot, and sort of dissipated. He's a bit of a disappointing hire for Herbert. I am not expecting Dallas to be worse next year, on offense, based on this switch.
I'm happy to go the other way on Kellen Moore. I think he's an excellent hire, even if you think he's only league average (I don't, I suspect he's better) - that's still a lot better than what Lombardi was scheming for our favourite big-armed galoot.

I like your Russell Wilson angle, but as Ice so rightly said - this isn't Schotty's offense, it's magic Mike McCarthy's.

Y'know, the guy we last saw calling plays with in-his-Prime Aaron Rodgers. The guy that mis-managed multiple playoff games, and "conservatived" his way to Cabo most every year. The guy that has now lost to the 49ers in back-to-back playoffs with two seperate teams as the Head Coach. The guy that spent a day at the PFF offices, told Jerry he "was big on analytics now" at their sleepover, and then admitted he lied at the press conference. The guy that was getting massages on company time rather than attending his meetings. That guy.

Just spitballing here, but is it good for Mike's case here if Aaron Rodgers immediately rips off 2 MVP seasons back-to-back as soon as Mike and his scheme is gone from Green Bay? Asking for a friend.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:13 am

mild wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 pm

I guess in your mind McCarthy's system is trash but the "Collective WE" probably knows better given they were #1 in the league in Points scored in 2021 and 4th in the entire NFL this past year.

Those are just terrible trash numbers out of 32 teams in the NFL. Oh Well, I expect nothing less from you.

I get people buy into the narrative McCarthy is bad but then turn around and think Sean Payton is the just the greatest.

Payton's HC record 152 -89 Playoffs 9-8
McCarthy HC record 155-97-2 playoffs 11-10

Payton had HOF Drew Brees, McCarthy had Rodgers and Dak. We will now get to see Payton with Russ.....Hmmm very close records indeed.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:13 am

From an IDP perspective, this is interesting.
Under Nielsen, the Falcons will likely transition from a blitzing 3-4 defense to a 4-3 team that doesn’t want to send pressure; New Orleans was known for its size at defensive end, while Atlanta has added undersized outside linebackers in Arnold Ebiketie and DeAngelo Malone in recent drafts. How the Falcons shift their defensive personnel around will be something to watch this offseason.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/2/3/ ... l-notebook
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:02 pm

Brian Flores had agreed to be the defensive coordinator of the Vikings.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:49 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:02 pm Brian Flores had agreed to be the defensive coordinator of the Vikings.
If he can even slightly turn around our defense next year, he will probably be in line for a HC job the following year. Haha

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:49 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:02 pm Brian Flores had agreed to be the defensive coordinator of the Vikings.
Great hire for a team who's D was utterly atrocious last year, despite being near the top of the league in regular season wins.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".