Co-Commish Problems

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Co-Commish Problems

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 pm

I am having a problem with the co-commish in one of my leagues. I haven't had problems since I joined the league but recently the commish has been having less and less time for the league and he appointed a co-commish. I did feel a little disappointed I wasn't chosen because I came up with the idea to make it into a dynasty but the guy he choose is the second most active manager (I am not the first) and won the championship last year so I was ok with the choice. Next came another manager making a trade giving the 2012 and beyond rights of a player away. Then I contested this trade saying that this was never allowed before. He made the decision that it was fair and that you could trade the future rights of players. I put Ray Rice on the trade block in exchange for draft picks and future rights of players knowing that a top team would want to try and secure Rice for the season to win a championship. I received multiple emails including one from the co-commish who was interested in Rice. I later sent out an email about 3 hours after he had already shown interest in Rice that I was taking final offers for Rice and had tentatively agreed on an offer from another manager. It was after all of this that he sent out an email saying that he was getting rid of the rule after he knew I had tentatively agreed on another deal. I would have been ok with this but he also said that the previous trade that went through still goes through. He says: "We aren't allowing any clauses, conitional trades, future rights deals...". Now a trade comes up with this
"To ***:
Roddy White(ATL - WR)
Dez Bryant(DAL - WR)
Rashard Mendenhall(PIT - RB)

To ***:
Miles Austin(DAL - WR)
Percy Harvin(MIN - WR)
Adrian Peterson(MIN - RB)
*** 1st Rounder in 2012

I have agreed to a clause in this deal that White and Austin will be swapped after the completion of Week 8 due to the fact that Roddy White is on the bye and *** did not want to be affect by that."
The other manager says:
"Includes *** 1st rounder and a clause that we will swap roddy white and miles austin after the end of week 8"
Neither of these managers are the co-commish but the one giving up AP is playing the co-commish which would give him a great advantage this week not having to play against AP@CAR. I bring up how this isn't fair and that both managers acknowledged the inclusion of a clause which is illegal. So he says:
"Just do them as two seperate deals. Meaning that I will pass your current trade through, without Austin or White Then if you boys both want just do the Austin for Roddy trade whenever you two feel the need. As long as neither of those two seperate deals is horrendous (neither are in this case) then you guys are good to go.

Also, ***, I have to thank you, for I was worried about facing off against AP this week."
What do I do in this situation?
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Co-Commish Problems

Postby WashingtonFever » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Why is the team giving up AP and a 1st rounder? Anyone who wants to trade me AP in a league and give me a 1st rounder also, please come forward. I can trade just about any players and amount of players. Thanks

I've never seen those kinds of trades when you can have the rights to player X after a certain date or season. What if that player gets seriously hurt or gets a bruise for that matter (value goes down for small incidentals here and there), is there a no-trade clause if that happens? Whole thing seems fishy. I wouldn't allow any conditional trades in our league, once a player is traded, he's gone to the other team. For that trade that involves White/Austin etc... just put the whole thing through. The player that needs the WR back-up should ask for an additonal WR to fill the void if anything. But really..AP + a 1st...oh boy

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Wallace's Warriors wrote: What do I do in this situation?
As much as I hate to say it, quit the league. Fantasy football should be fun. If the league you are in is causing frustration (and this would cause me frustration too) I'd just say to hell with it. But I don't handle commish problems / integrity issues / fishy dealings / made up rules or rule changes very well.

mrockwell
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mrockwell » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:58 pm

I agree. It is supposed to be fun. Screw it if it isn't.
Follow me on Twitter @Mark_Rockwell85

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:57 am

Water Buffalo wrote:
Wallace's Warriors wrote: What do I do in this situation?
As much as I hate to say it, quit the league. Fantasy football should be fun. If the league you are in is causing frustration (and this would cause me frustration too) I'd just say to hell with it. But I don't handle commish problems / integrity issues / fishy dealings / made up rules or rule changes very well.

Any league where you have to read the fine print or has whimsical rule changes is ridiculous. At the end of the day, FF is a recreational sport (excpet for those that personally go to training camps to scout players for their FF team.... another story..... still baffles me).

This league sounds like a credit card company I had years ago where the rules for interest/penalties/min balance kept changing.... always in the lenders favor and huge penalties to me... "This is Peggy....."

Agree - Quit, cut your losses
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:09 am

I agree. I commish three leagues, two of which are dynasty leagues. There are NEVER rule changes mid-season. Anyone who has an idea for a rule change writes up a proposal and submits the rule to be voted on by the entire league. I think you should contact the commish and express your displeasure. If this doesn't work, then I would probably resign from the league as well. Hope it all works out for you.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.