Buy/Sell: Week 1 Overreactions

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Buy/Sell: Week 1 Overreactions

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:50 am

Which Week 1 overreactions are you buying and selling today?

Buy:

- Giants offensive improvement with Daboll
- Michael Thomas resurgence to a WR1 ceiling
- Avoid the Patriots offense
- D'Andre Swift's breakout into an elite RB
- Packers offensive struggles
- Gabriel Davis breakout
- Jalen Hurts

Sell:
- Trey Lance concern after a game with terrible weather conditions
- Allen Robinson's decline
- CeeDee Lamb long-term concern of being a WR1

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: Buy/Sell: Week 1 Overreactions

Postby dustyroads » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:26 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:50 am Which Week 1 overreactions are you buying and selling today?

Buy:

- Giants offensive improvement with Daboll
- Michael Thomas resurgence to a WR1 ceiling
- Avoid the Patriots offense
- D'Andre Swift's breakout into an elite RB
- Packers offensive struggles
- Gabriel Davis breakout
- Jalen Hurts

Sell:
- Trey Lance concern after a game with terrible weather conditions
- Allen Robinson's decline
- CeeDee Lamb long-term concern of being a WR1
I want to believe this. Very invested in Robinson this season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:15 am

Buy:

Ceedee Lamb isn't an NFL WR1
Antonio Gibson is going to catch more passes
Cam Akers isn't a bell cow NFL back
Trey Lance is going to struggle, and there's going to be increased pressure to start Jimmy G
Davante Adams is going to be a good FF WR
Patrick Mahomes is just fine without Tyreek
Jalen Hurts is a really good FF QB (but still limited as a real NFL QB as a passer)
Juju will have a good year in KC's offense

Sell:

Joe Burrow/Derek Carr being turnover machines. Both looked rusty, and overly aggressive on some throws. Bad games from both, but I think better games are ahead.

Khalil Shakir was just a pre-season fad. Both slot WR's caused turnovers week 1 vs the Bills, and the Bills don't tend to thrust rookies in.

Donovan Peoples-Jones target share moving forward
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:15 am Buy:

Trey Lance is going to struggle, and there's going to be increased pressure to start Jimmy G
Jalen Hurts is a really good FF QB (but still limited as a real NFL QB as a passer)

Sell:

Joe Burrow/Derek Carr being turnover machines. Both looked rusty, and overly aggressive on some throws. Bad games from both, but I think better games are ahead.

Khalil Shakir was just a pre-season fad. Both slot WR's caused turnovers week 1 vs the Bills, and the Bills don't tend to thrust rookies in.

I feel like the Shakir bit is a contradiction (at least in my head lol). Do you think Shakir gets the chance because the turnovers? Or do you think he rides the bench regardless because he's a rookie?

I'm also selling the DPJ noise. I'd like to think Amari gets the bulk of targets. However, I think Hunt and Chubb are possibly in line for more work

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am

Sell:

I feel like the Shakir bit is a contradiction (at least in my head lol). Do you think Shakir gets the chance because the turnovers? Or do you think he rides the bench regardless because he's a rookie?

I'm also selling the DPJ noise. I'd like to think Amari gets the bulk of targets. However, I think Hunt and Chubb are possibly in line for more work
I was saying I think he's being brought along slowly because he's a rookie, but that he will get a chance at some point due to the play of the Bills slot WR's, maybe sooner, rather than later. It will be interesting to see if he's active this week.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:16 pm

Sell:

It's rare when I say this but I agree with all of these

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am

Sell:

I was saying I think he's being brought along slowly because he's a rookie, but that he will get a chance at some point due to the play of the Bills slot WR's, maybe sooner, rather than later. It will be interesting to see if he's active this week.
Makes complete sense

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:41 pm

Put this in week 1 thread, but should add.

Buy:

Devonta Smith is in real trouble for FF purposes (AJB is the clear alpha, and have no belief Hurts can support 2 FF relevant WR's weekly)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:41 pm Put this in week 1 thread, but should add.

Buy:

Devonta Smith is in real trouble for FF purposes (AJB is the clear alpha, and have no belief Hurts can support 2 FF relevant WR's weekly)
Selling this one. Brown is definitely the #1, but he's not going to get 13 targets every week. Smith was in on the majority of snaps, so it will balance out, especially in the games where Brown is facing tougher matchups.

If anything, test the waters and see if someone will sell you Smith.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:30 pm

I hate to be that guy that beats the drum, but Lamb is not the guy. He is Sammy Watkins 2.0. Could/should he be better, maybe. He is not.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:40 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:30 pm I hate to be that guy that beats the drum, but Lamb is not the guy. He is Sammy Watkins 2.0. Could/should he be better, maybe. He is not.
Well you do enjoy the Howard Stern jock shock take once in a while and that’s okay because maybe you will be right when all is said and done.

That said, Watkins, in 9 seasons has never had more than 65 receptions.

Lamb’s 1st two years are over 70. He is just getting started.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Curious if everyone is so far down on Lamb now, how many WR would you take in a startup before him?

Obviously WR3 overall was too high, but I think most people knew he was in a grouping of 5 or 6 behind Chase/JJ

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:57 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:30 pm I hate to be that guy that beats the drum, but Lamb is not the guy. He is Sammy Watkins 2.0. Could/should he be better, maybe. He is not.
I roster him, and have been trying to move him for WR3 overall prices, and even less for months. IDK about Watkins, I think Watkins was more talented, just a total head case, and couldn't stay healthy. Lamb is a beta WR in the NFL. He doesn't have any trait that makes him an alpha at this level.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:58 pm

I would say Lamb is in that 6-8 range for WR startup, but his value could fall off quickly. The situation is set up for him to have success this year and if he doesn’t achieve it then I doubt he ever does. I hope I’m wrong! His reactions to every missed throw yesterday make him seem immature. Could have been one game and he bounces back to dominate next week, but he has a ton of question marks for me.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:01 pm

I'd be happy to buy Lamb for a discount