KnowSHOW to Knowshon Again?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BLH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

KnowSHOW to Knowshon Again?

Postby BLH » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 am

Given the injury to Willis, is it possible Moreno can recapture the starting role in Denver?

The Denver offense is about to get interesting (nicest way to put it) and speed will be a big part of it. Does his ability to catch the ball weigh on John's decision to give him a 2nd (or 3rd) chance if he does well?
Young, Wild, and Brees (12-team PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX)
QB: Brees, Roethlisberger
RB: McCoy, Anderson, Ellington, Foster, Forsett, Randle, Stewart, Polk, K. Davis,
WR: A.Johnson, Fitzgerald, Hilton, G. Tate, Colston, Wayne
TE: Bennett, Pitta, Gates, Daniels

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: KnowSHOW to Knowshon Again?

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:15 am

I wouldnt get your hopes up, and this is coming from a Knowshon owner. Yes it would be nice, but getting your hopes up only leads to dissapointment, which all Knowshon owners know a lot about. Its better to hope for success rather than expect results... So here's to hoping he can make something of this opportunity.

On a side note- Knowshon is still said to be ailing from his whack hammy. Go figure!

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:59 am

What are comparable RBs would you buy/sell? I got an offer for Spiller, basically, and easily turned it down. Going through a list it's hard to see many names I'd give up for him. Maybe Powell or Johnny White.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:46 pm

McGahee healthy lasted longer than I expected. Hopefully, Knowshon is healthy enough to put a stamp on the job, but that's certainly not a given. The team should have been starting Orton and Knowshon all season, anyway.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Capture the role, yes - because there are few other options. Keep the role, temporary - if Fox can find a free agent out there he will do so. Allen can tell you that I campaigned long and hard for dynasty owners not to expect much because he simply doesn't fit a John Fox offense. He was never remotely as talented as many an owner thought that he was.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm

you guys remember how long it took mcfadden to get rolling?

don't give up on knowshon guys, get him if you can. obviously the cheaper the better.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 am

skip wrote:Capture the role, yes - because there are few other options. Keep the role, temporary - if Fox can find a free agent out there he will do so. Allen can tell you that I campaigned long and hard for dynasty owners not to expect much because he simply doesn't fit a John Fox offense. He was never remotely as talented as many an owner thought that he was.
I dont think its a lack of talent skip, rather than a lack of toughness and durability. Knowshon started the preseason looking like a promising player, then he tweaked his hammy.....again, then McGahee had stepped in and performed well and didn't relinquish the job because Fox said he would ride he hot hand. Knowshon has talent, but he needs to toughen up or his role will only be as a 3rd down back from here on out.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:42 am

bigcsr67 wrote:
skip wrote:Capture the role, yes - because there are few other options. Keep the role, temporary - if Fox can find a free agent out there he will do so. Allen can tell you that I campaigned long and hard for dynasty owners not to expect much because he simply doesn't fit a John Fox offense. He was never remotely as talented as many an owner thought that he was.
I dont think its a lack of talent skip, rather than a lack of toughness and durability. Knowshon started the preseason looking like a promising player, then he tweaked his hammy.....again, then McGahee had stepped in and performed well and didn't relinquish the job because Fox said he would ride he hot hand. Knowshon has talent, but he needs to toughen up or his role will only be as a 3rd down back from here on out.
I'm hoping it is the obvious flaws of 'lack of toughness and durability' - as those are correctable. I've seen Moreno flash on film enough to think he can get it done and he's had some good NFL games, too. However, Moreno was never a strong 'measurables guy', but more of an instinctive runner with vision and cutting ability. That is tough to gauge without enough playing-time so I hope we get to see some solid games to try and figure things out. I usually pan for the size/speed guys like JStew, Mendenhall, etc. but Moreno had something special about him. I don't think that just disappeared! Ingram is a similar guy w/out the stand-out measurables and he's had a lackluster start which does make me wonder sometimes...
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars