Is Pierce new #1 pick for rookie drafts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Is Pierce new #1 pick for rookie drafts

Postby jdacunha » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:58 pm

With the way he has looked and the release of Mack, is he the consensus #1 now?

I have my draft tonight and was ready to draft Hall, but now second guessing myself. Pierce looks 100x better.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Pierce new #1 pick for rookie drafts

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:59 pm

No lol

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Not for me. Or anyone in any of my dynasty leagues. I could squint and see an argument for him being the first or second rookie taken in redraft leagues though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:10 pm

What? LOL. This is putting way too much stock into pre-season. Good lord. Still taking a lot of WR's over him, too. 4th round pick, never had a college workload, 3rd percentile agility, IDK. He's got the starting job for now, look how that worked out for countless day 3 picks, Michael Carter last year being a prime example.

Go back to week 1 of the pre-season when Nick Chubb was drafted, and see the reactions to his like, 15 carries for 14 yards or whatever.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:15 pm

JETS >> > HOU

And it's not even close. At least the Jets are turning the corner. I'm not even sure HOU can even see the bend.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:33 pm

Is he the new Adrian in Houston ? If yes then yes

Don’t see him as the receiver back so on a team that will be behind a lot that tempers my overall outlook for his ceiling. But neither will Breece be that guy so it’s close for THIS YEAR ! If I need points this year from a rookie rb Pierce is the guy, especially if standard scoring. PPR it’s debatable but still in the conversation. Couple of others might surprise

Probably not 1.01 yet but sneaking into Top Five conversation as some WRs have underperformed and K9 is already hurt. Will get GL opportunity.

Have a standard 10 team lg draft and have the 1.09 this coming week. Do not expect him to be available

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:41 pm

He looked good in preseason and has killed it in camp all off-season, but I'm just not interested in an unproductive and older college RB especially at the 1.01. Seems like an average RB with opportunity. That can produce in fantasy, but there's too many better prospects in this class.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:51 pm

From my perspective, the OL was the major difference watching both. Jets OL was atrocious on Breece's carries. That's his main concern. On the positive side, Breece looked good in pass protection multiple times.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:52 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:33 pm Is he the new Adrian in Houston ? If yes then yes

Don’t see him as the receiver back so on a team that will be behind a lot that tempers my overall outlook for his ceiling. But neither will Breece be that guy so it’s close for THIS YEAR ! If I need points this year from a rookie rb Pierce is the guy, especially if standard scoring. PPR it’s debatable but still in the conversation. Couple of others might surprise

Probably not 1.01 yet but sneaking into Top Five conversation as some WRs have underperformed and K9 is already hurt. Will get GL opportunity.

Have a standard 10 team lg draft and have the 1.09 this coming week. Do not expect him to be available
Way too much weight on pre season. He shouldn't be in the discussion of top 5. Walker is hurt for a few weeks, should have zero bearing on dynasty outlook.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:22 pm

jdacunha wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:58 pm With the way he has looked and the release of Mack, is he the consensus #1 now?

I have my draft tonight and was ready to draft Hall, but now second guessing myself. Pierce looks 100x better.
If you've got 1.01, then you've probably got 2.01.

That's your Pierce pick.

If he's not there, then eat your vegetables and take someone boring like Skyy Moore, Jahan Dotson, or Pittsburgh's new WR3 George Pickens.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:23 pm

No but he is the new Michael Carter and it'll be hilarious seeing the overdrafting

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:31 pm

I really liked Pierce in the early- to mid-2nd range and he got sniped one pick before me in a draft. I like the talent, and the situation continues to improve for him. He's got a clear path to touches, no doubt about it. That said...

I'm getting major Antonio Gibson vibes here. Talented 2nd rounder in rookie drafts pushed up immediately because of situation and immediate opportunity. He's a little more stable because we know he can play RB full time. I think he's absolutely a good target in redraft and for shorter dynasty windows, but he's going to have a hard time staying relevant long-term because of draft capital and the constant churn at RB if you're not elite.

I don't think I'd sell for a random first, but if I could get more on top or an earlier first, I'd probably consider it were I an owner. 1.01? Definitely not, though.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:34 pm

SELL PIERCE IN DYNASTY TODAY.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:36 pm

ummm - No

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:39 pm

jdacunha wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:58 pm With the way he has looked and the release of Mack, is he the consensus #1 now?