Anyone else officially worried about Chris Johnson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Anyone else officially worried about Chris Johnson?

Postby andrewfroboy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Terrible game coming out of the bye week where they were supposedly going to focus on the run game, I am worried, I just traded for him and now I'm not so sure about it
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Anyone else officially worried about Chris Johnson?

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Came on here to see if anyone else had the same feeling...
I am about to change his name in my signature, I already modified it from CJ2K to CJ1K...I'm thinking he may be CJ0K now?
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:56 pm

I continue to be concerned/worried about the state of the Titans' offensive line. I'm not worried at all about Chris Johnson.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Misfit74 wrote:I continue to be concerned/worried about the state of the Titans' offensive line. I'm not worried at all about Chris Johnson.
At all? Hmmm. I can't see how any one cannot be worried at all. I have been worried since the end of last year. I hope you atleast own him in a ppr league.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm

lic217 wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:I continue to be concerned/worried about the state of the Titans' offensive line. I'm not worried at all about Chris Johnson.
At all? Hmmm. I can't see how any one cannot be worried at all. I have been worried since the end of last year. I hope you atleast own him in a ppr league.
No, not at all. This is Dynasty and player have ups and downs. His offensive line was a concern last year and only gotten worse. It's one reason why I had Johnson right around player #5 on my board this off-season. Ride the lull and he'll be fine in the long run. I'm buying low if I can (and have).
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:40 pm

should've waited another week to make my trade... though part of my deal involved Torain who has equally sucked, so I guess i still managed to sell high on him
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Was tempted to buy low but in the back of my mind was the games I saw him play. This guy just looks like he got paid and has no interest in getting hurt. Perhaps he'll turn it around but it is not just his line. This is not the same guy as 2 years ago.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:35 pm

In dynasty leagues I'd be happy to buy low on johnson. Now is the time to get him for cheap, I don't really worry about him because this season he may be an RB2, but they'll address the issues and give him more running lanes.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
lic217 wrote:
No, not at all. This is Dynasty and player have ups and downs. His offensive line was a concern last year and only gotten worse. It's one reason why I had Johnson right around player #5 on my board this off-season. Ride the lull and he'll be fine in the long run. I'm buying low if I can (and have).
Agreed! The Titans need some serious work on the O-line this coming offseason, but as long as they prioritize that in free agency and the draft they should be fine. With a good line, Chris Johnson had a couple of great seasons, despite not having a great Quarterback (Collins/Young)
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:14 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:Was tempted to buy low but in the back of my mind was the games I saw him play. This guy just looks like he got paid and has no interest in getting hurt. Perhaps he'll turn it around but it is not just his line. This is not the same guy as 2 years ago.
Sources tell Titan Insider's Terry McCormick that Chris Johnson's conditioning level was not as good as it needed to be when he first reported to the Titans, and that it "could be a factor" in his early-season struggles.
Johnson hasn't had nearly the same kind of acceleration this season, especially in a short area. Texans players after Sunday's game confirmed that they believe Johnson isn't the same player. "If you hit him early, I think it kind of deters him a little bit," added ILB Brian Cushing. Johnson was booed by Titans fans Sunday, and even benched in favor of Javon Ringer at one point. Obviously, the team's Week 6 bye did nothing to rejuvenate Johnson.

From RW. Even after 6 weeks of ramped up conditioning/live game action and a bye week to game plan/fix the O-line issues.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:07 am

CJ is in for a rough year. And so are the Titans. I was at the game and can tell you the effort level was lacking. They were blown apart on every phase of the game. The fans were merciless beginning in the second quarter - so bad in fact that my wife asked to leave during the 3rd quarter. I just can't get over feeling that the team has imploded with the loss of Britt. They essentially have no playmakers in the passing game now. They toyed with splitting CJ wide - which actually sort of worked. Damian Williams got hurt as well. It's just awful. I fear we may give Indy it's first victory next week. It won't be long before the fans start calling for Locker. And when that happens all bets are off for CJ.

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 am

You think he will bounce back fine next year?

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:24 am

I was telling anyone who should listen to sell sell sell after his 2000 yard season. he'll be a +1000 rusher again, but his trade value was never ever ever going to be higher and repeating that kind of season is impossible
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:30 am

MrUbuto wrote:I was telling anyone who should listen to sell sell sell after his 2000 yard season. he'll be a +1000 rusher again, but his trade value was never ever ever going to be higher and repeating that kind of season is impossible
If there were people who truly believed he had any real chance of repeating that, they don't understand football. I think his 2010 season is what people should reasonably expect from him and he's way off pace for that right now. He'll bounce back and make his owners happy again. He's a classic buy low right now and will be underdrafted in start-ups next season.

BLH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BLH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am

Improbable is the word I would use. The bottom line is that the kid has talent. After the amount of work and attention he has had over the last couple years with the addition of the holdout, plus the new contract, it was bound to effect his play.

If the question is, should you be worried about him this year, then yes. Obviously. Almost half of the way through and he isn't performing at the level he is capable of. If the question is, should you be worried about him long term, then no. And I think that can be said based on talent and proven ability in the past.
Young, Wild, and Brees (12-team PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX)
QB: Brees, Roethlisberger
RB: McCoy, Anderson, Ellington, Foster, Forsett, Randle, Stewart, Polk, K. Davis,
WR: A.Johnson, Fitzgerald, Hilton, G. Tate, Colston, Wayne
TE: Bennett, Pitta, Gates, Daniels