Treylon Burks thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Treylon Burks thread

Postby tstafford » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:11 pm

Burks is London-lite. Both guys are talents held back by offensive systems and QBs. I think Tanny might be toast. I had high hopes for a healthy combo of Tanny-Burks but it looks highly unlikely. The outlook for Burks is kind of grim regardless of what you think about the player.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:19 pm

tstafford wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:11 pm Burks is London-lite. Both guys are talents held back by offensive systems and QBs. I think Tanny might be toast. I had high hopes for a healthy combo of Tanny-Burks but it looks highly unlikely. The outlook for Burks is kind of grim regardless of what you think about the player.
I'd fault the O-line more than Tannehill so far. They've been pretty terrible across the board since All-pro Taylor Lewan suffered a catastrophic knee injury and they let Conklin go in FA.. which is somewhat expected after they missed on 1st round pick Isaiah Wilson, 2nd round pick Dillon Radunz is still a question mark and Nicholas Petit-Frere has been suspended. At least 2023 rookie pick Skoronski has been pretty solid but he's still a rookie.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:43 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:32 pm
gpaok wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:22 pm

The thing is one is trending down (Burks), and it only takes 2-3 weeks and the 2nd rounders could jump significantly. We are in week 4 and I would already take LaPorta, Spears, and maybe Mingo, Reed, Downs over Burks.
I agree with your first sentence, but the percentage for the second part still isn’t good unless you’re super low on Burks rebounding or change your maybes to yeses and add more others to yes.

LaPorta is probably a yes for me, but the rest are currently no’s. For me, for swapping Burks to a 2nd, to work out well, I would only have a 1/12 (8%) chance of being successful. If you add more people to yes, obviously the % goes up, so you’d be at 17% (more if the maybes change to yes, but still under 50%). I have Mingo and I’d trade him for Burks.
Not high percentage prospects; but I'd rather have LaPorta, Reed, Rice who have all already flashed more than Burks has in 3 games.. and that list doesn't even include Nakua and Dell who have outperformed their draft slot significantly or Mims who was usually available in that draft slot, as well.

You could argue that his situation isn't ideal.. but I don't see it getting all that much better for the forseeable future and he's shown nothing that makes me believe his ceiling is significantly higher than these other WRs already breaking out.
Mims went in the first so I didn’t include him in the list of second rounders. In hindsight sure we’ll find some guys that are drafted in later rounds that do well, but that doesn’t mean the % is high. Tyreek Hill was a ww pickup at some point but I wouldn’t suggest people in general swap out players for ww bid $s on the chance they find a hit. Which is the same point I was trying to make above with the second rounders. Dell was a 3rd rounder in my league, and Puka was a ww add before week 1. I wouldn’t wanna trade Burks for a 2nd, 3rd, or ww bid dollars, but I’d happily buy him for such in any league I don’t have him.

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:31 pm

I moved him with Musgraves and a LB for Kelce who was on 0-4 squad... still like Burks quite a bit but have the most points scored and am sitting at 2-2 and didn't want to waste a year.

That being said. I still value him as a late 1st given his upside, including his size. Was super high on him last year, and he's shown flashes.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:12 pm

I have Burks in several leagues, but did just trade him away in one league where I am trying to compete.
I traded him to a rebuilder who is trying to get points off his roster (Reverse Max PF sets draft order).

Gave Burks + Chris Evans for Amari Cooper + Raheem Mostert.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:30 am

Wanted to see where folks are at with Burks.

Has he hit "roster clogger" status or are you still holding out hope?

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:41 am

Not quite roster clogger but certainly backend roster hold (if you have room). I’d put him in the E Moore,, Bateman, WanDale Robinson category right now.

For whatever reason maybe he needs a change of scenery or something.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:49 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:41 am Not quite roster clogger but certainly backend roster hold (if you have room). I’d put him in the E Moore,, Bateman, WanDale Robinson category right now.
In other words…….roster clogger. :lol:

I don’t have any expectations/hope for him. Maybe he’ll surprise me and be a year 3 breakout guy, but I wasn’t really a fan when he was first coming into the league either.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:50 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:30 am Wanted to see where folks are at with Burks.

Has he hit "roster clogger" status or are you still holding out hope?
I don't hold out hope he's going to be a WR1 or WR2, but there is a remote chance Burks becomes worthy of being an emergency flex starter.

In deep roster leagues, I'd still hold him. Everywhere else, he's very droppable in my opinion.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser