No!
50%

Total votes: 138

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Isaiah Pacheco

Postby natjjohn » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:07 pm

Seeing his name pop up more. Obviously, a long shot, but do you believe?

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Isaiah Pacheco

Postby CubfanAA » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:15 pm

This definitely needs a maybe option. He has the athleticism and coach hype to possibly be a steal here. I could also still see him not even making the team. I picked him up in 1 league for free, but I wouldnt pay anything for him until we see some game action. I would also smash the accept button if somebody offered me a random 23 2nd.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:33 pm

Pacheco is a guy I've been paying attention to since the combine.

Has one of the highest size adjusted speed scores in the NFL and showed catching upside in college but comes with little to no college production and day 3 draft capital.

Rutgers had one of the worst O-lines in college football for basically his whole tenure there and the other RBs produced even poorer than he did.. it's not outside of the realm of possibility that his abhorrent situation suppressed an above average RB talent.. and it's not like any of the RBs on that roster are world beaters.

Best case scenario is that he's a juiced up Damien Williams, a RB archetype that has shown to have success in that offense.. him seizing some training reps with the #1's bodes well for his chance at seizing an opportunity in this backfield and he has a skillset that could excel in this offense.

Still a long shot to ever be fantasy relevant and he likely doesn't have any real value until we see him take snaps over CEH and Rojo in NFL action.. but the opportunity is certainly there for him to be the sleeper hit of the draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:47 pm

Waldman likes him. Waldman liked Hakeem Butler, too. A lot. :lol:

I have to give Matt his dues with late round/UDFA RB's though. A few I remember him talking about were Boston Scott and Jalen Richard. He felt they could both have solid NFL careers. I'd put that in the win column for Matt.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:12 pm

I'd be selling. Getting a 2nd in a loaded class next year would be pretty great. I think the situation is going to have people hoping for the best.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:58 pm

I'm trying to believe, I will grab him late if I can but won't be paying dime for him. If he has some games and I own him, I will be selling.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:11 pm

I have Pacheco shares dating back to early May, but he is getting too pricey for me now.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who said that it might be a good time to sell the Pacheco shares now.
Some have seen him going in the 2nd round of 2022 drafts now, the hype is ridiculous.
I would absolutely sell Pacheco for a 23 2nd round pick!!!

I got him for free in May, as a free agent after the drafts were over.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Reminds me so much of Darwin Thompson a few years back. Not saying the players are similar, I just remember the hype that started to build for him when he was running with the 1’s. He was starting to get drafted in rookie drafts in the 2nd.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:17 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm Reminds me so much of Darwin Thompson a few years back. Not saying the players are similar, I just remember the hype that started to build for him when he was running with the 1’s. He was starting to get drafted in rookie drafts in the 2nd.
I totally agree. Pacheco actually has NFL speed and size, if he hits. Darwin did not. He was not, special after all. "cough, cough". :lol:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:23 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm Reminds me so much of Darwin Thompson a few years back. Not saying the players are similar, I just remember the hype that started to build for him when he was running with the 1’s. He was starting to get drafted in rookie drafts in the 2nd.
Did Thompson ever run this much with the 1s?

I just remember him trucking some 8th string DB in the preseason and the hype going out of control

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm

So, I just wanted to post this. This about life, as much as football. As a Raiders fan, I want to see this guy do well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTemTLUmvtM

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm So, I just wanted to post this. This about life, as much as football. As a Raiders fan, I want to see this guy do well.

Thanks for sharing, definitely cheering a little more for him now.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:15 am

I voted yes, but meant to say no. Oh well, maybe I should go pick him up for free now just in case that was the fantasy gods giving me a subtle hint.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:21 am

Pacheco was the only unranked RB that made my draftable list a few weeks before the NFL draft, and I wrote about him three times total prior to the draft. Flip him when you can though.

The official depth chart for the Chiefs came out. He's 4th right now so the buzz will subside. I bet he'll stick around though and it'll only take one injury to get his value back up again.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:28 am

dvpkwys wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:08 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm So, I just wanted to post this. This about life, as much as football. As a Raiders fan, I want to see this guy do well.

Thanks for sharing, definitely cheering a little more for him now.
X2 :clap: