Arob

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Arob

Postby Broncopain » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:31 am

Guy's getting some really positive hype. What's our thoughts on him? He a top 20 play at wr this year in that offense? What would you pay to aquire if you were a contender this year?

Thanks guys

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Arob

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:37 am

I am 100% biased and own that. That being said I think he is going to be a monster this year. As a short term rental for a contender he is as attractive as they come at WR for me.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:03 am

Yeah ARob is probably going to be really good this year. I'd be really confident with him in my lineup.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:06 am

Very pleased that I’ve held him all these years now that he’s finally going to get a chance to really show off his talent. Looking forward to a big year from him.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:12 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:06 am Very pleased that I’ve held him all these years
I own him in every fantasy dynasty team I own. Got him in rookie drafts or cheap in all of them. Excited he is in an actual good system. Literally never had that in his career. Any veteran that can honestly say Blake Bortles has been his best QB, needs some optimism
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:44 am

My main issue with him currently is his associated cost relative to other guys. As for me I see him as more of like a low wr2/high wr3 type.
From what I've seen he's being valued at around a first which for me I'd rather pay a bit more and get Evans who I see as a legit wr1 until Godwin comes back and is fully healthy and then a low wr1. Or go cheaper for a guy like cooks, thielen or locket who can normally be had for a 2nd. If I could get him at least than a 1 I'd be in but I can't really justify that price tag vs say Evans or keenan

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:52 am

I see a 1:1 replacement for Woods, and I believe Robinson is the superior WR of the 2. If both are true, all Robinson needs to do is surpass Woods’’ production by 1 FF ppw and he’s a top 10 FF WR. In that offense and given the D attention Kupp will draw, I believe that’s a pretty sound expectation.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am

Does anyone’s view change if OBJ returns?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:31 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am Does anyone’s view change if OBJ returns?
Not really, even if obj resigns this a 2nd tear of the acl. Return to form on that is 12-18 month recovery which is next offaeason

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:35 pm

Robinson is going to have a big year. He's in an offense that is traditionally great for WRs, it's his first time having a good QB in the NFL, and he's got Kupp taking attention away from him.

He could be in the mix for a WR1 year, but a Top-24 year is a safe bet.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:51 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:35 pm Robinson is going to have a big year. He's in an offense that is traditionally great for WRs, it's his first time having a good QB in the NFL, and he's got Kupp taking attention away from him.

Seconded.

You can pencil him for "at least the OBJ role" if you need to, but word out of camp already is that this is going to be special. They see him as much more than just the OBJ role, and they are hyping his ability to "do everything". Quote: "His route tree and where he can line up are more varied than they’d even hoped."

The last outside X Stafford had that had anywhere close to this level of talent was Kenny Golladay... and I personally think A-Rob is even better.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:04 pm

I like him this year, but from a quick count off of the top of my head, there's roughly 20 WRs that I'd take over him pretty easily. So, for me, he's a low end WR2 with nice upside potential week-to-week.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:14 am

He's over the Hill. He's going to have a decent year, but those expecting a huge year are going to be disappointed. He isn't explosive, never was. He's a possession receiver. Mid WR2 numbers if the hype is real, unless he steals all Kupp's red zone TD's.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:18 am

mild wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:51 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:35 pm Robinson is going to have a big year. He's in an offense that is traditionally great for WRs, it's his first time having a good QB in the NFL, and he's got Kupp taking attention away from him.

Seconded.

You can pencil him for "at least the OBJ role" if you need to, but word out of camp already is that this is going to be special. They see him as much more than just the OBJ role, and they are hyping his ability to "do everything". Quote: "His route tree and where he can line up are more varied than they’d even hoped."

The last outside X Stafford had that had anywhere close to this level of talent was Kenny Golladay... and I personally think A-Rob is even better.
BUT, is he in the best shape of his life???? You are a camp hype darling, wow. All over the place! :lol: If camp blurbs we're all that, we'd all be drafting Chase in the 4th round of startups this year. :wink: :wink: IDK man, I think you are just wanting some football too badly, I can't blame you, but all this day in day out camp reports, ugh........wake me up in a month.

I'd say buy Stafford everywhere, we have Kupp and A Rob as WR1's, and Akers as a RB1. Stafford is seriously undervalued, apparently.

Side note: Buy Zach Sudfeld now :D
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:14 am He's over the Hill. He's going to have a decent year, but those expecting a huge year are going to be disappointed. He isn't explosive, never was. He's a possession receiver. Mid WR2 numbers if the hype is real, unless he steals all Kupp's red zone TD's.
I trust that particular tweeter. 8-) I don't mind you making fun of me on this one.

Mid WR2 would be pretty good, no? You're saying somewhere between WR12 and WR24? That would be pretty good for a washed guy that just finished WR94 in 2021.

Quite the leap! A huge year, even!

For a guy that was "never explosive", he sure dominated Man Coverage damn hard before last year's debacle.

I just don't know why you would discount a guy that's 28 years old whose best QB's were Nick Foles, Blake Bortles, Andy Dalton, and Mitch Trubiskey... who just landed on an offense that threw the 2nd most TD's in the league last year with Matthew Stafford as his QB.