Give Dak for Cooks/Winston? Unusual league setup

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Give Dak for Cooks/Winston? Unusual league setup

Postby mullmania » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:22 am

The league setup is 20 teams. Setup as 12 in bigs league playing for title and 8 in regulation league trying to make it to bigs for next season

My team is good enough to jump from the smalls to bigs this year as I have been bouncing back and forth but not necessarily good enough to win

14 players is max roster size in season we cut down to 10 every off season before rookie vet draft

2 qbs is the most you can roster unless someone is on IR

Offer is give Dak
Get Winston, Cooks

Qb Dak, Wentz
RB Jamal Williams, Hines, Ingram (I know)
WR. E Moore, Landry, Mims, Corey Davis, C Samuel
D Knox

Pro trade. Cooks is a solid auto start wr considering my squad but he’s also 28 and is my team good enough with any rbs to really try and win?

I win this trade if Winston takes a step up with Thomas, Landry, Olave ect

I think you could argue Winston skill positions are better than Daks today without Cooper

Negative Trade- Dak is my only superstar and he’s the only reason I jumped from smalls to bigs to begin with

Should I give up my best player whose relatively safe not like an RB or WR that’s gonna age for 28 Cooks? Is that enough?

It’s a tough call. I can probably get a 3rd tossed on top of this.

Please let me know any thoughts. This is a weird league to trade in. I don’t think I’ve ever made a deal bc I’m always unsure my strategy

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Give Dak for Cooks/Winston? Unusual league setup

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:30 am

Cooks is solid but will not bring you a title necessarily whereas Prescott could in time. There is too much risk with Winston long term. Hold Prescott for me.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:34 am

Easy pass for me. I don’t want to be stuck with Winston and Wentz in a 20 team league. Unable to add a new one unless I can trade one somehow.

I don’t think Cooks does enough for you to move the needle.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:25 am

No way. Dak is a set and forget top 10 QB. Cooks is a nice add for a contender, but you arent there with those RBs.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:55 am

Agree on all fronts

Holding. I’ll see if I can get an impact player at 1:12 this year. Try to stay in the bigs and maybe can compete in 2/3 if I get some breaks