Zamir White: My Favourite Sleeper RB

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Zamir White: My Favourite Sleeper RB

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:11 amCan you please make a "last chance to sell Zamir White thread" if he gets a value bump? :lol:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:38 am

LOL :lol: :lol:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:51 am

Ha ha... Huge lols :lol: Good comedy all round, gents.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:59 am I hope it works out for you. I have Zamir White firmly in my "Ronald Jones / Ke'Shawn Vaughn" tier. https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2022/ ... p-rbs-5-8/

He needs tons of work on his game imo, and I don't think he can overcome the obstacles in his way.
Well, this certainly isn't news I wanted to hear! Always respect your thoughts and efforts on all things running back, Mike... I will admit, I'm betting on physical metrics, potential opportunity on a potentially elite offense, and highschool pedigree failing to fire based on constant rehab and injury. I don't disagree that he needs a tonne of work.

So my DLF subscription has lapsed this year... I'm waiting for another deal to re-up it. (maybe)

Without giving away the rest of your article or his ranking within it - could you perhaps elaborate on Zamir's write up from behind the paywall as a teaser for the rest of the quality work in your series - in the interests of continuing the discussion in this thread? 8-)

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:51 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:59 am I hope it works out for you. I have Zamir White firmly in my "Ronald Jones / Ke'Shawn Vaughn" tier. https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2022/ ... p-rbs-5-8/

He needs tons of work on his game imo, and I don't think he can overcome the obstacles in his way. I hope I'm wrong. I only want to see these guys succeed. They put their bodies on the line for our entertainment and in return we judge them and I call him a bust. :(
Isn't white being drafted later (significantly so) than both rojo And Vaughn were? I mean I'm seeing him go end of second sometimes into the third. Whereas rojo and Vaughn seed to be mid first to early 2nd. Maybe im just not remembering correctly or my drafts have had him go later.

For me a late 2nd especially in this draft seems to be worth it. I don't think I'd go early 2nd though
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:02 pm

Zeus is capped by his lack of receiving upside. The tape looks decent, but that's how it is for every UGA back it seems. I wouldn't trust him to be overly relevant in the league.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:51 pm

Here's the thing I don't get about the Zamir hype as it relates to Jacobs.

There isn't much difference in cost acquisition between the two - Jacobs is apparently valued at around a late 1st with the current news cycle where White went mid 2nd in almost all of most of my 1 QB rookie drafts.

Opportunity and proven NFL talent are both in favor of Jacobs - Jacobs has done it for three years and is the clear starter while White is likely 3rd on the depth chart this year without playing a down in the league.

PPR Value - Jacobs lack of receptions has always been a ding to his value. He had 54 receptions last year. White would have had to play 9 seasons in Georgia at his pace before catching over 50 balls throughout his college career.

Draft Capital - Jacobs was the first running back taken in the NFL draft at pick 24. White was the second back taken from his own college in the 4th round.

Age - White clearly crushes in this area being (huh?...double take) a whooping year and a half younger than Jacobs.

Health - Knees!

McDaniels' Nightmare RBBC - This is probably the biggest concern with Jacobs right now. However, if it turns out to be an issue, Jacobs escapes the situation after the season. White will have three more years of it.

So yeah, I don't understand how these guys' dynasty values are in the same ballpark. I'll be taking Jacobs all day for his 2022 production and also for the future when he's out of Las Vegas.
Last edited by Farley on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:39 pm

Farley wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:51 pm Here's the thing I don't get about the Zamir hype as it relates to Jacobs.

There isn't much difference in cost acquisition between the two - Jacobs is apparently valued at around a late 1st with the current new cycle where White went mid 2nd in almost all of most of my 1 QB rookie drafts.

Opportunity and proven NFL talent are both in favor of Jacobs - Jacobs has done it for three years and is the clear starter while White is likely 3rd on the depth chart this year without playing a down in the league.

PPR Value - Jacobs lack of receptions has always been a ding to his value. He had 54 receptions last year. White would have had to play 9 seasons in Georgia at his pace before catching over 50 balls throughout his college career.

Draft Capital - Jacobs was the first running back taken in the NFL draft at pick 24. White was the second back taken from his own college in the 4th round.

Age - White clearly crushes in this area being (huh?...double take) a whooping year and a half younger than Jacobs.

Health - Knees!

McDaniels' Nightmare RBBC - This is probably the biggest concern with Jacobs right now. However, if it turns out to be an issue, Jacobs escapes the situation after the season. White will have three more years of it.

So yeah, I don't understand how these guys' dynasty values are in the same ballpark. I'll be taking Jacobs all day for his 2022 production and also for the future when he's out of Las Vegas.
Wow, good post :thumbup:

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:46 pm

BusinessDecision wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:39 pm
Farley wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:51 pm Here's the thing I don't get about the Zamir hype as it relates to Jacobs.

There isn't much difference in cost acquisition between the two - Jacobs is apparently valued at around a late 1st with the current new cycle where White went mid 2nd in almost all of most of my 1 QB rookie drafts.

Health - Knees!

Wow, good post :thumbup:
X2 this all comes down to the price on each. Most of what I've seen has Jacobs valued around pick 7/8 in this class(place/SF Pickett range) and white in the late 2nd to early third(wandale/metchie/ridder range) so I guess I'm seeing a much larger split in value that does make white a decent buy.
If I'm able to get Jacobs at the cost of a Pickens, Dotson, SF Willis, cook type I'm taking Jacobs all day at that cost

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:11 pm

There isn't much difference in cost acquisition between the two - Jacobs is apparently valued at around a late 1st with the current news cycle where White went mid 2nd in almost all of most of my 1 QB rookie drafts.

Health - Knees!

I got Zamir with the 23rd pick and that’s usually where I’m seeing him valued. I would say if he’s going early or mid second, he’s probably overvalued. I would also say a late first is worth a fair bit more than a mid second and a lot more than a late second. You’re talking a drop of at least one tier if it’s mid and probably two tiers if you’re late second.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:23 pm

It hasn't been blurbed yet, but something is up with Zamir White. I had already noticed he wasn't in the cut-ups of RB drills posted thus far.

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/sta ... oCFxAgHsOQ
For the second straight day, @Raiders rookie RB Zamir White was not part of the practice-field portion of the work day on Sunday.
I checked, he's not holding out - he signed his Rookie contract a while ago.

Here's hoping it's nothing major.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:27 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:23 pm It hasn't been blurbed yet, but something is up with Zamir White. I had already noticed he wasn't in the cut-ups of RB drills posted thus far.

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/sta ... oCFxAgHsOQ
For the second straight day, @Raiders rookie RB Zamir White was not part of the practice-field portion of the work day on Sunday.
I checked, he's not holding out - he signed his Rookie contract a while ago.

Here's hoping it's nothing major.
FWIW, it doesn't appear to be injury related. Good did tear his ACL week 1 last year, so they may be slow playing him. Can't imagine it's serious, if it is physical, as there are protocols to reporting injuries.

https://twitter.com/tashanreed/status/1 ... 6223488000
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:44 pm

White looked explosive vs the Jags. I believe my Raiders drafted White to be their early down back for next season. He may not have a ton of PPR upside, but it was encouraging to see him with a few catches, and at least 3 targets during his limited action. Staying healthy will be key for him, but I think the staff has plans for him to have a smaller role this year, leading into an expanded role next season.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:44 pm White looked explosive vs the Jags. I believe my Raiders drafted White to be their early down back for next season. He may not have a ton of PPR upside, but it was encouraging to see him with a few catches, and at least 3 targets during his limited action. Staying healthy will be key for him, but I think the staff has plans for him to have a smaller role this year, leading into an expanded role next season.
This is all very reasonable and measured, and I agree.

HOWEVER.

Let's overreact WILDLY on an internet forum! Fire the tweet-pedos!

"... it’s clear [Zamir] White is the closest to pushing [Josh] Jacobs for his role as the lead back ... Whether White earns a starting role this year or not, he’ll help keep Jacobs, who’s also dealt with plenty of injuries, fresh."

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:52 pm

Some more very solid "meat and potatoes" style running today from Zamir, and a nice job showing some scoot to get to the edge for his TD.

5 carries for 17 yards and the TD, and left the game before the end of the 1st Quarter.

Clear ascension to number 2 on the depth chart for an offense that is looking crisp and well coached thus far... without even having deployed its actual starters yet. (And McDaniel's old team looking all out of sorts on Offense without him on the opposite sideline, which I'm ready to call "a related fact"...)

Gotta say... I like where this is heading.

Hope y'all got a nice cheap 3rd round buy-in to this loaded offense. If he gets to be the primary Goal Line plunge-back for this team at some point... it's on.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:54 pm

mild wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:52 pm Some more very solid "meat and potatoes" style running today from Zamir, and a nice job showing some scoot to get to the edge for his TD.

5 carries for 17 yards and the TD, and left the game before the end of the 1st Quarter.

Clear ascension to number 2 on the depth chart for an offense that is looking crisp and well coached thus far... without even having deployed its actual starters yet. (And McDaniel's old team looking all out of sorts on Offense without him on the opposite sideline, which I'm ready to call "a related fact"...)

Gotta say... I like where this is heading.

Hope y'all got a nice cheap 3rd round buy-in to this loaded offense. If he gets to be the primary Goal Line plunge-back for this team at some point... it's on.
I doubt it, unless McDaniels doesn't like JJ tendency to reach the ball out (I can't stand it) when going over the top. He's lost it, or almost lost in, numerous times doing that. White is clearly in line for a role, and if he plays well enough, will likely be their 2021 version of "Damien Harris" next season.