End of bench stashes/sleepers both rookies, up and comers and vets

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

End of bench stashes/sleepers both rookies, up and comers and vets

Postby Ski mask ready » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:51 pm

Haven’t really seen a whole lot of some names we might still be waiting to pop off, maybe some newbies that you’re stashing are end of the bench or vets you like for a good yr.

Plant your flag, shoot your shot. Would love to hear who people love from top to bottom.
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: End of bench stashes/sleepers both rookies, up and comers and vets

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Pierre Strong Jr

Picture Elijah Mitchell (Strong is actually faster and slightly bigger) with more sophistication once he gets to the second level and then sdd solid pass protection and solid receiving. If he can eliminate ball security issues he could become a very good RB in NE.

Also very high on Jalen Tolbert as the right guy in the right place in DAL, Calvin Austin despite his size - his speed and acceleration are mind boggling - and I’ve posted in multiple threads about NYG TE Danial Bellinger and his parallels to Kittle. Way deep sleeper on UDFA Bryant Koback in MIN. RB room is too deep there and he may not get enough reps but there is serious talent there.

IDP bonus on Troy Anderson - great marriage of physically elite traits and opportunity.

And yes, still holding on Mike Strachan.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:14 pm Pierre Strong Jr

Picture Elijah Mitchell (Strong is actually faster and slightly bigger) with more sophistication once he gets to the second level and then sdd solid pass protection and solid receiving. If he can eliminate ball security issues he could become a very good RB in NE.

Also very high on Jalen Tolbert as the right guy in the right place in DAL, Calvin Austin despite his size - his speed and acceleration are mind boggling - and I’ve posted in multiple threads about NYG TE Danial Bellinger and his parallels to Kittle. Way deep sleeper on UDFA Bryant Koback in MIN. RB room is too deep there and he may not get enough reps but there is serious talent there.

IDP bonus on Troy Anderson - great marriage of physically elite traits and opportunity.

I'd take Kevin Harris over Strong Jr. Harris has the potential to take over from Damien, next season. He's led the SEC in rushing as a sophomore, and had a down year as a junior, due to a medical condition, and a soft tissue injury on top of that. He's got a good athletic profile, and has a decent speed score, despite pulling up early in his 40 due to a hamstring strain. When fully healthy, he ran for 180 plus yards in the bowl game. He's 220 plus pounds at about 5 ft 10, and has a pass catching history. Now the Patriots have a system. Strong Jr., with his body type, has little chance to become the lead back in the Pats system, based on recent history. He may be the James White replacement, and their is value in that. Give me the potential early down guy with all the goal line touches in that system, like Harris did last year, though. Kevin Harris is 2 years younger than Pierre Strong Jr., and he costs less.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:14 pm Pierre Strong Jr

I'd take Kevin Harris over Strong Jr. Harris has the potential to take over from Damien, next season. He's led the SEC in rushing as a sophomore, and had a down year as a junior, due to a medical condition, and a soft tissue injury on top of that. He's got a good athletic profile, and has a decent speed score, despite pulling up early in his 40 due to a hamstring strain. When fully healthy, he ran for 180 plus yards in the bowl game. He's 220 plus pounds at about 5 ft 10, and has a pass catching history. Now the Patriots have a system. Strong Jr., with his body type, has little chance to become the lead back in the Pats system, based on recent history. He may be the James White replacement, and their is value in that. Give me the potential early down guy with all the goal line touches in that system, like Harris did last year, though. Kevin Harris is 2 years younger than Pierre Strong Jr., and he costs less.
Deciding which NE RB to target late….hmm. Jk, I like both of them. I was really high on Harris before NE took him. Strong *kinda* reminds me of McFadden but more electric, better hold on to the ball..

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:39 am

Well, if NE remains committed to being a run first team, and their drafting this year would indicate that, there's room for both Harris snd Strong to eat. Harris is going to have to get past Stevenson. If all 3 of those guys look capable, you wonder what happens with D Harris in a contract year and White hitting 30 and fighting back from a tough injury. I would find it difficult to believe NE will carry 5 RBs.

And I don’t quite understand the “body type” comment that Strong can’t be a 3 down RB. 5’-11” snd 207 lbs isn’t enough to stay on the field in running situations? Especially with his speed?

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:59 pm

I've seen his name being kicked around but I like Chris Evans CIN. Obviously hes behind mixon, but at the same time I think he'll get some run and should a mixon injury happen, he could be an immediate RB2.

I personally like Nicholas Morrow now a Chicago LB. He's basically free everywhere. He was a LV team captain who was on the cusp of breaking out before being injured and missing last yr. He looks likes hes inline for significant reps starting for chicago. Love him as a high upside sleeper in IDP that is way under the radar. Maybe so under the radar he doesn't know about it either :)

A few things have to fall his way but I think KJ Osborn MIN WR could possibly be inline for breakout yr 4 season if Thielen doesn't make it through the season and certainly next yr when thielen ages out.

I do have my golden nugget player I'll drop once I have him in all my leagues.
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:34 pm

I know this might not be popular, but Dante Pettis. He has Mooney, Pringle, and Velus Jones ahead of him on the depth chart. I think Pettis is more talented than any of them and IF (big if) he can stay healthy I think he ends up the most targeted Bear by end of year. Overall season I'm sure mooney gets most yards, but weeks 9 - 17 my money is on Pettis if healthy.

Watcher2019
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Watcher2019 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:39 pm

Taking a lot of 4th round punts on Abram Smith.

Getting paid as a UDFA and big question marks over those ahead of him on the depth chart at RB.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:50 pm

I like Bryan Edwards. Atlanta has loaded up on size, and with Pitts and London ahead of him, he should get some favorable matchups and has enough talent to take advantage. He also has some experience with Mariota, which can’t hurt.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm

Ski mask ready wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:59 pm
I personally like Nicholas Morrow now a Chicago LB. He's basically free everywhere
No IR in your league? You don’t see solid LB3s just tossed aside when they can be IRed in our league.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:29 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:39 am Well, if NE remains committed to being a run first team, and their drafting this year would indicate that, there's room for both Harris snd Strong to eat. Harris is going to have to get past Stevenson. If all 3 of those guys look capable, you wonder what happens with D Harris in a contract year and White hitting 30 and fighting back from a tough injury. I would find it difficult to believe NE will carry 5 RBs.

And I don’t quite understand the “body type” comment that Strong can’t be a 3 down RB. 5’-11” snd 207 lbs isn’t enough to stay on the field in running situations? Especially with his speed?
I mean, just looking at him at the combine, especially his lower half, I don't think he'll be able to run inside very well in the pros. Every other back (other than James White) is built much better than Strong for handling inside running. Not saying he can't, I just don't see him as a likely high touch runner vs the other backs on that roster. Talk is (Cecil Lammey etc.) that he may take White's role, which makes more sense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:32 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:50 pm I like Bryan Edwards. Atlanta has loaded up on size, and with Pitts and London ahead of him, he should get some favorable matchups and has enough talent to take advantage. He also has some experience with Mariota, which can’t hurt.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but as a Raiders fan, I can tell you he's not very good. He gets of the LOS like a TE. He can't separate. I was surprised the Raiders managed to get a 5th in the deal, TBH. He can get open on crossers in zone, but he just doesn't get away from man coverage. He isn't a very good route runner, and he just doesn't have anything in his bag to get open. He is a jump ball guy, back shoulder guy, basically.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:34 pm

I really like Kedrick Bourne, NEP WR as a roster worthy player this year. He was developing a nice Chemistry with Jones and has great hands. I could see 100 targets this season based on how efficient he was last year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:42 pm

If anyone has dropped him, D'ernest Johnson ran really well last year. He's worth a stash before league cuts.

There is word that Kareem Hunt has asked for an extension, and that the Browns are liable to trade away one of their guys out of the Hunt / D'ernest duo as a result. It's highly unlikely that they roll into the season with all three + Felton. It's also quite unlikely that they'll give Hunt more money given their depth at the position (besides which it looks like it's shaping up to be another lost season in CLE).

If you liked Jerome Ford coming out, he could leapfrog a depth chart position on one of the run-heaviest teams in the League (and behind a top 5 OL) with such a trade. Great guy to scoop late/for free if you liked him (which I did).

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 am

mild wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:42 pm There is word that Kareem Hunt has asked for an extension, and that the Browns are liable to trade away one of their guys out of the Hunt / D'ernest duo as a result.
i'll believe it when i see it.