Is there a deal to be had?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Is there a deal to be had?

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:48 am

Give: Waller, M.Williams, R.Jones
Get: AJ Brown + 23 2nd (2.08-2.12 Guestimate)

The other owner and I were having a pretty good back and forth getting to the above offer, which I personally feel eats into my depth and I'm not sure a higher 2nd helps fill that gap, so I countered with his 23 1st instead, and communication has stopped, I even messaged them to make sure they knew I countered. Is it worth taking just the 2nd or should I just decide we can't make a deal right now.

I could maybe get a 3rd thrown in as well or possibly Velus Jones or Tyquan Thornton.

12 Team Superflex TE Premium

Team: (Indicates startable players)
QB (1-2) - Rodgers, Stafford, Ryan
RB (1-8) - Ekler, Elliott, Gibson, Conner, C.Patterson, R.Jones, Evans
WR (1-8) - Di.Johnson, M.Williams, Jeudy, Thielen, Woods, Edwards, Cephus, Osborn
TE (1-8) - Kelce, Waller, Hockenson, Gronkowski, H.Bryant, J.Smith, T.Hill
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Re: Is there a deal to be had?

Postby tsarpepe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:58 am

A bit pricey for AJB, esp. given the TEP format, but you do need an alpha presence in that WR group.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:02 am

With having Kelce and Hockenson, I don't view Waller as a big loss even in premium despite his value. Williams is decent but not great and will never fetch much on the market and Jones has very little value. I may be in the minority, but I view this is a really good deal for you now and long term. This seems cheap to me for Brown. Waller does not mean much to your team and he is aging. I would make this deal.

MarkoH97
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MarkoH97 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:06 am

I like this trade for you because of the value you already have at TE. You're clearly trying to go all in and need a WR1 for this group.
Team 1: 12 Team Dynasty Superflex PPR 20 man Roster
QBs - Fields, Pickett
RBs - Brian Robinson, J. Kelly, Perine, Breida, Z. White, Edmonds
WRs - Pittman, Jameson Williams, Pickens, J. Palmer, Thielen, Q. Johnson (R), Valdes-Scantling, R. Rice (R), Metchie, T. Marshall
TEs - Hurst, Bellinger, Likely
Taxi Squad - Bennett (R), Abanikanda (R)
Picks - 2 24 firsts, 24 2nd, 24 3rd

Team 2: 12 Team Dynasty Superflex PPR 20 man Roster
QBs - Prescott, Lance, Watson, A. Richardson
RBs - Hall, Achane, Pollard, J. Cook, Perine, Hubbard, , Nwangwu
WRs - Jefferson, Higgins, London, Pickens, Dell, Claypool, B. Powell, Gallup, Metchie
TEs - Njoku, Smith, Likely
Taxi Squad -D. Davis, Jarrett
Picks - All 23 and 24 picks

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:02 am With having Kelce and Hockenson, I don't view Waller as a big loss even in premium despite his value. Williams is decent but not great and will never fetch much on the market and Jones has very little value. I may be in the minority, but I view this is a really good deal for you now and long term. This seems cheap to me for Brown. Waller does not mean much to your team and he is aging. I would make this deal.
Yeah all these assets are about to age out. I just sold my last share of AJB because of my concerns of him in PHI, but I still like him enough to do this deal

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 am

I think it's a fine deal. Looks a little steep at first but I don't mind it. Basically Williams and Waller for AJB. That's a fair deal and the norm is to trade up so all around seems fair. Williams and Waller are both older at this point and I'd just take the max value from them while you can.

The counter is that you are possibly just trading for name value. Waller and Williams may EACH outscore AJB this year with Hurts throwing the ball.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:13 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 am The counter is that you are possibly just trading for name value. Waller and Williams may EACH outscore AJB this year with Hurts throwing the ball.
This is my worry with AJB as well. Smith and Goedert are there to take away targets. It's like he went from TEN to NFC TEN but with other quality receivers in the mix now.

Still, Waller and Williams are definitely not on the same level value wise and they are going to be 30 and 28 this year respectively. Players don't see value bumps after those ages so even if AJB struggles, I'd think you could easily flip him for more

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 am

i dont get what the objective is. mike williams had the 12th most receiving yards in the entire league last year and had 9td. he was a top 10nfl draft pick and is tied to herbert who we all love. even if its ppr its not like ajb is high volume compared to williams.

moving a no doubt top TE in a TE premium to get a little younger at wr doesnt make much sense to me personally.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:27 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 am i dont get what the objective is. mike williams had the 12th most receiving yards in the entire league last year and had 9td. he was a top 10nfl draft pick and is tied to herbert who we all love. even if its ppr its not like ajb is high volume compared to williams.

moving a no doubt top TE in a TE premium to get a little younger at wr doesnt make much sense to me personally.
That's kinda why I was thinking that I shouldn't do the deal unless I got his 23 1st as well, otherwise I don't feel benefit to myself over the next couple years.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:55 am

I'm not into this at all. Williams may outscore AJB next 2-3 years. I really don't know what to expect out of AJB with Hurts. Losing Waller... just not feeling it.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:57 am

Never Veto wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:27 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:46 am i dont get what the objective is. mike williams had the 12th most receiving yards in the entire league last year and had 9td. he was a top 10nfl draft pick and is tied to herbert who we all love. even if its ppr its not like ajb is high volume compared to williams.

That's kinda why I was thinking that I shouldn't do the deal unless I got his 23 1st as well, otherwise I don't feel benefit to myself over the next couple years.
You won’t get the first. It’s too much to ask for.

My best counter to why get younger is to hold the value if not the points. AJB will just hold more value 1-2 years from now than a 32 and 29 year old wr, atleast on average. Has to do with perception as well. AJB is a stud and Mike Williams never lived up to hype. Maybe this is one of those arbitrage opportunities where you get more bang for your buck with Williams and Walker. But arbitrage doesn’t work long term for holding value. AJB will likely hold similar value a couple years from now and Walker and Williams wont.

It’s the tricky part of dynasty. Getting the production and holding the value. Kielce and Davante Adams might outscore Chase and Pitts this year, but there is more to it. That’s the point I’m making about value vs production

Like I said earlier, it’s a fair trade because there are two ideas at work here, production vs long term value. You normally do have to make a choice between them.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5