Hardesty vs Murray

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Hardesty vs Murray

Postby standard_variance » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 am

Interesting developments going on with these two players. Who would you rather have going forward with Felix Jones out, and Hillis potentially being traded or benched?
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Hardesty vs Murray

Postby MikeCross » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:25 am

standard_variance wrote:Interesting developments going on with these two players. Who would you rather have going forward with Felix Jones out, and Hillis potentially being traded or benched?
Well, Hillis isn't getting benched, from what I've read/seen. He's having an MRI on him hammy/knee today, and he played some 4th quarter snaps, which bodes well for his outlook for next week. Hardesty is ineffective when he is in there, and is a liability in pass protection, and lord help him if he has to catch to ball out of the backfield. Not to mention I have predicted his ineffectiveness, due to his injury in 2010. The way he ran the ball @ TENN, big cuts and quick burst, does not go well with one of the worst case grade ACL/MCL.
Now with that being said, Ive seen Shawn and some of yall say, that this all has to do with his contract situation/quarrel with management. I havnt heard anything like that myself. But I dont generally venture outside Rotoworld and DLF, outside of watching every game, every week, and the plethora of sports radio i listen to while at work.

I love Murray, an University of Oklahoma standout. Played big time football against big time teams, on some very good Oklahoma teams. With Choice in the doghouse and rumored to be on the block, and Jones' inability to stay healthy, Murray is the guy to own in one of the NFL's most explosive offenses.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Montario Hardesty drew the ire of coach Pat Shurmur after dropping another pass in Browns practice Friday.
This is notable because Hardesty leads all NFL running backs in drops this season, despite spending most of the year as a part-time player. Shurmur yanked Hardesty off the field, replacing him with Chris Ogbonnaya. "He dropped the ball and we don't want him to drop the ball," Shurmur said after the practice. "We work on catching." Hardesty is still expected to start Sunday's game against Seattle, but Ogbonnaya will be the third-down back.

lol!
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:31 pm

good question. I was never that high on Hardesty coming out of college - Murray I could get behind more. I think he could grab the job in Dallas and make it very difficult for them to give it back to Jones. I don't expect Hardesty to wow us that much when he does get his chance.

-oo-