The wisdom of the crowd has spoken. Targeting RWhite
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: James Cook

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:37 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:13 pm https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... backfield/

Was just reading this article at CBSsportsline.com, about potential busts for the 2022 season. It's more for redraft than dynasty, but we can definitely use parts of the information for dynasty. For instance, when it mentioned Damion Pierce this was said ...
the track record of running backs with a career-high in carries in college in the low-100s isn't great.
...and that got me to thinking about James Cook, whom I was not really warming up to but was considering the possibility of taking a flyer on in one dynasty league, if the price was right.

In 4 seasons at Georgia, Cook had 41, 31, 45 and 111 carries. The same thing the article mentioned as a negative for Pierce looks to be a negative for Cook. I know, I know, Cook is more of a receiving back than a running back. So I check his receptions in college and find 8, 16, 16 and 27.

Could someone who is more of a Cook maybe-ist than a Cook truther, tell me why I should believe Cook is the special low-touch college guy who is going to become a T20 fantasy RB? I'll concede the NFL draft capital means something. Is there any other reason besides "his game film proves it."?

BONUS QUESTION: I have a redraft draft tonight. As the time comes for RB lottery swings, is there any reason to take Cook over ZWhite or even RWhite?
I’m not a big cook guy, but it’s like the stars are aligning for him. High octane offense. Then competition for touches is not great (dingleberry and moss are MEH). They used a 2nd on him, which is pretty solid draft capital. He is a good pass catcher. And from what the team has said, they know what Cook is good at and plan to play to his strengths. It’s more or less best case scenario for any player you like to be put into.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:37 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:37 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:13 pm https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... backfield/

Was just reading this article at CBSsportsline.com, about potential busts for the 2022 season. It's more for redraft than dynasty, but we can definitely use parts of the information for dynasty. For instance, when it mentioned Damion Pierce this was said ...
the track record of running backs with a career-high in carries in college in the low-100s isn't great.
...and that got me to thinking about James Cook, whom I was not really warming up to but was considering the possibility of taking a flyer on in one dynasty league, if the price was right.

In 4 seasons at Georgia, Cook had 41, 31, 45 and 111 carries. The same thing the article mentioned as a negative for Pierce looks to be a negative for Cook. I know, I know, Cook is more of a receiving back than a running back. So I check his receptions in college and find 8, 16, 16 and 27.

Could someone who is more of a Cook maybe-ist than a Cook truther, tell me why I should believe Cook is the special low-touch college guy who is going to become a T20 fantasy RB? I'll concede the NFL draft capital means something. Is there any other reason besides "his game film proves it."?

BONUS QUESTION: I have a redraft draft tonight. As the time comes for RB lottery swings, is there any reason to take Cook over ZWhite or even RWhite?
I’m not a big cook guy, but it’s like the stars are aligning for him. High octane offense. Then competition for touches is not great (dingleberry and moss are MEH). They used a 2nd on him, which is pretty solid draft capital. He is a good pass catcher. And from what the team has said, they know what Cook is good at and plan to play to his strengths. It’s more or less best case scenario for any player you like to be put into.
:thumbup: I agree the situation is prime for a RB talented enough to walk in, sparkle his talent all over the place, and take over the job. I just keep coming back to the question of "is Cook the RB who is talented enough?" I can't convince myself the answer is "yes, he is."
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:44 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:31 pm The wisdom of the crowd has spoken. Targeting RWhite
And I got RWhite. Probably overpaid by drafting him too early. But this 14tm league is about half stocked with managers who really know their stuff and probably dominate other leagues, 4 or 5 guys who are better than average managers, and maybe only 1 or 2 guys who are phoning it in. More than in other leagues I play in, I have those "OOF" moments in the draft when someone takes a player I thought I'd targeted to take earlier than anyone else would dare.

So I drafted RWhite with the 114th pick, as the 4th RB on my roster, followed by a late round pick of Jeff Wilson. On a team where my first 3 picks were WRs, it would be a nice mid-season surprise to see White ascend to starter in TB. I figured it was better to hope for a higher ceiling than to take a higher floor (lower ceiling) guy like McKissick or Hines. I like those guys in other situations, but that sort of production isn't going to make it to FLX on this team, unless the team turns out to be so bad I don't make the playoffs. Better to shoot for the moon.

I hope the crowd of two spoke great wisdom. :problem:

EDIT: Interestingly, James Cook went a couple of picks before I chose RWhite, and Gainwell/Hines went a few picks after.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:44 am I hope the crowd of two spoke great wisdom. :problem:

EDIT: Interestingly, James Cook went a couple of picks before I chose RWhite, and Gainwell/Hines went a few picks after.
You're on your own on this one. :lol:

I like Rachaad as your 5th RB late. I would greatly prefer Hines in a redraft - he is going to have standalone value this year as a pass catcher, along with monster upside if JT misses games. Probably Gainwell too, as we've already seen him do it.

At least you didn't go with James Cook. That three-way split is going to drive people nuts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:24 pm

Hines in a redraft is PPR gold this year.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:28 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:44 am I hope the crowd of two spoke great wisdom. :problem:

You're on your own on this one. :lol:

I like Rachaad as your 5th RB late. I would greatly prefer Hines in a redraft - he is going to have standalone value this year as a pass catcher, along with monster upside if JT misses games. Probably Gainwell too, as we've already seen him do it.

At least you didn't go with James Cook. That three-way split is going to drive people nuts.
Would Hines see a substantial touch increase if Taylor went down? I just don't ever see him getting runs between the tackles. Last I checked, Deon Jackson is the only other RB on the active roster, with two on the PS.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:39 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:44 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:31 pm The wisdom of the crowd has spoken. Targeting RWhite
And I got RWhite. Probably overpaid by drafting him too early. But this 14tm league is about half stocked with managers who really know their stuff and probably dominate other leagues, 4 or 5 guys who are better than average managers, and maybe only 1 or 2 guys who are phoning it in. More than in other leagues I play in, I have those "OOF" moments in the draft when someone takes a player I thought I'd targeted to take earlier than anyone else would dare.

So I drafted RWhite with the 114th pick, as the 4th RB on my roster, followed by a late round pick of Jeff Wilson. On a team where my first 3 picks were WRs, it would be a nice mid-season surprise to see White ascend to starter in TB. I figured it was better to hope for a higher ceiling than to take a higher floor (lower ceiling) guy like McKissick or Hines. I like those guys in other situations, but that sort of production isn't going to make it to FLX on this team, unless the team turns out to be so bad I don't make the playoffs. Better to shoot for the moon.

I hope the crowd of two spoke great wisdom. :problem:

Depending on league, I would take Hines 1st in Redraft, and Gainwell 1st in Dynasty, but both over either White or Cook.
I like White over Cook, just not a fan of White's landing spot.

Bucs tend to draft RB's they don't use, see RoJo and Vaughn.
If White had landed with the Falcons instead of Allgeier, I would like him much better.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:43 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:28 pm Would Hines see a substantial touch increase if Taylor went down? I just don't ever see him getting runs between the tackles. Last I checked, Deon Jackson is the only other RB on the active roster, with two on the PS.
I definitely think he would.

Doesn't matter anyway, as Jonathan Taylor has never missed a game, let alone a practice, going all the way back through College.

Definitely didn't just jinx JT, nope, nothing to see here, nothing at all... :whistle:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:26 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:43 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:28 pm Would Hines see a substantial touch increase if Taylor went down? I just don't ever see him getting runs between the tackles. Last I checked, Deon Jackson is the only other RB on the active roster, with two on the PS.
I definitely think he would.

Doesn't matter anyway, as Jonathan Taylor has never missed a game, let alone a practice, going all the way back through College.

Definitely didn't just jinx JT, nope, nothing to see here, nothing at all... :whistle:
Hines would be the man if JT went down, no question. I will not wish that into the universe though
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:06 pm

Those 27 receptions almost all came against top tier college defenses. He finished with 4, 4 and 2 against Alabama, Michigan and Alabama again. 3 more against Tennessee and 4 in the opener against Clemson. Pierce racked up his meagre numbers against mostly mediocre defenses. The Bills are also pretty clear about their intents with Cook while Houston gave Pierce all of one target in the preseason (which was not completed) and didn’t even have him run all that many routes. Cook had a reception in every preseason game on limited snaps.

One also plays on one of the best offenses in the game. The other plays on one of the worst.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:45 pm

Oof. Just one game, but not what you want to see. I kept telling myself “hey, Kareem Hunt fumbled his first touch as well, and it didn’t hurt his rookie season!”

But alas, it was not to be. At least not in week 1 😂
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:47 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:45 pm Oof. Just one game, but not what you want to see. I kept telling myself “hey, Kareem Hunt fumbled his first touch as well, and it didn’t hurt his rookie season!”

But alas, it was not to be. At least not in week 1 😂
Not ideal. Awaiting the offseason hgh bulk up a’la CMC

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:45 pm

Dude is too small

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:54 pm

MFundercover wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:45 pm Dude is too small
First thing I thought when I saw him in the pre-season. Needs to bulk up next year.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.