Where would you take CJ2K if you had a start-up draft today?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Where would you take CJ2K if you had a start-up draft today?

Postby andrewfroboy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

Trying to gauge his value
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Where would you take CJ2K if you had a start-up draft to

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 am

I'd still take him in the mid to late first round.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:54 am

I think he would go after AP, Foster, McCoy, Rice...as far as RB's go! You would have to consider Calvin Johnson as a top 5 as well...so I would say #6-9 pick is good value for him
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 am

somewhere mid-late first sounds right.

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks guys, just got him for a steal of a price, but am pondering flipping him in the next few weeks, traded a 2012 1st (should be 4-7) and 2nd, Torain and Bess for him
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 pm

andrewfroboy wrote:Thanks guys, just got him for a steal of a price, but am pondering flipping him in the next few weeks, traded a 2012 1st (should be 4-7) and 2nd, Torain and Bess for him
:clap: :thumbup:

Well done. Easily worth the price.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:48 pm

andrewfroboy wrote:Thanks guys, just got him for a steal of a price, but am pondering flipping him in the next few weeks, traded a 2012 1st (should be 4-7) and 2nd, Torain and Bess for him
Heck of a deal, nice work!

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

id have CJ after AP, DMC, Rice, McCoy... in that order but i'd have calvin ahead of him too. so yeah mid to later 1st round

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm

MARKinMI wrote:id have CJ after AP, DMC, Rice, McCoy... in that order but i'd have calvin ahead of him too. so yeah mid to later 1st round
This is about what I think too. Although I admit I'm wondering what Forte has to do to convince me he's in this mix as well.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:46 pm

tstafford wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:id have CJ after AP, DMC, Rice, McCoy... in that order but i'd have calvin ahead of him too. so yeah mid to later 1st round
This is about what I think too. Although I admit I'm wondering what Forte has to do to convince me he's in this mix as well.
yeah, i thought about that too but i just dont like RBs that get most of their yards thru the passing game. i like my rbs to be able to run between the tackles while catching a few passes each game. im not a big fan of catch first rbs like forte, best, r. bush etc. forte is undoubtedly better than those guys but im not convinced hes a good pure runner.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
tstafford wrote:
yeah, i thought about that too but i just dont like RBs that get most of their yards thru the passing game. i like my rbs to be able to run between the tackles while catching a few passes each game. im not a big fan of catch first rbs like forte, best, r. bush etc. forte is undoubtedly better than those guys but im not convinced hes a good pure runner.
Mark, how do you view McCoy in that regard? I own him and he is doing great, but I have this inner sense of hesitation for similar reasoning. Any thoughts?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 pm

tstafford wrote:
A contract extension from the Bears might help... Pay the man, right? Bears are idiots if they don't step up to retain Forte. He's 51% of their total offense. That's unreal.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

mrockwell
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mrockwell » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
tstafford wrote:
A contract extension from the Bears might help... Pay the man, right? Bears are idiots if they don't step up to retain Forte. He's 51% of their total offense. That's unreal.

I've heard they are going to franchise him if they can't get a deal done. Bears won't be letting Forte go anywhere.
Follow me on Twitter @Mark_Rockwell85

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:45 am

MARKinMI wrote:
tstafford wrote:
Forte can run the ball, the Bears can't

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:03 am

MilwaukeesBest wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:
tstafford wrote: This is about what I think too. Although I admit I'm wondering what Forte has to do to convince me he's in this mix as well.
Mark, how do you view McCoy in that regard? I own him and he is doing great, but I have this inner sense of hesitation for similar reasoning. Any thoughts?
Maybe I'm missing something here. But Forte is number six in the league in rush yards so far this season. And only 3 yards behind McCoy. And he's averaging 5.4 yards per carry. What's wrong with that?