Aweful Trade made by Commissioner, am I wrong?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Aweful Trade made by Commissioner, am I wrong?

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 am

A guy in my league (My league in the Sig) is 1-9 and he sent a message out saying that Miles Austin is available. He said he was looking for future talent or draft picks.

I offered Whitehurst, Vereen, and my 2nd round pick. I obviously would have offered a little more, maybe Decker instead of Vereen. (He doesn't have a QB that plays)

The Commish offered Matt Moore and his 1st (he is currently 10-0).

He accepted the Commish's offer, and personally I think it is robbery.

I sent this message to the Commish "How can you feel good about that deal? His team in never going to get better with trades like that. I understand that he wasn't forced to make the trade, but I sure hope he is in for the Long Haul, otherwise it is going to be extremely hard to find a replacement for that team."

Am I in the wrong by doing this? I'm not so pissed that he didn't accept my offer or counter (I am a little) but more that I feel this is hurting the league.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Aweful Trade made by Commissioner, am I wrong?

Postby skip » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 am

The commissioner should feel just as guilty as you had he taken yours.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 am

skip wrote:The commissioner should feel just as guilty as you had he taken yours.
I know my offer was low. I should have stepped up in the 1st place, live and learn
12 Team 1QB PPR

RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:02 am

I think M.Austin was sold cheap. However, if those were the only two offers... you can't fault him for taking what he could get. It's very possible that the seller of M.Austin is scared by D.Bryant getting better and better, which causes M.Austin to lose value. It's also possible that the Austin seller isn't a S.Vereen fan and in that case... the other guys offer is better then yours.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:49 am

Stupid is as stupid does... Both offers were garbage, the only thing you could be mad at is if the comissioner routinely rejects other one sided trades between other owners, but put this one through.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:14 am

Both offers were bad since both QB's are #2 QB's by accident....they are lucky that the inept franchise they are on hasn't planned well for tomorrow!!!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 am

MR ROURKE wrote:I think M.Austin was sold cheap. However, if those were the only two offers... you can't fault him for taking what he could get. It's very possible that the seller of M.Austin is scared by D.Bryant getting better and better, which causes M.Austin to lose value. It's also possible that the Austin seller isn't a S.Vereen fan and in that case... the other guys offer is better then yours.

Agreed, and the higher pick probably was icing on the cake.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:48 am

Vereen and a 2nd VS a 1st..... just as lop sided as your offer. They are the same. the general price for a 1st is 2 2nds. but yall are both only hurting that league by trade raping that GM. repeatedly from the sound of it loL! :P
With that being said, the leagues I commish, I generally try to stay away from trading, and when I do, I wont Trape anyone. The ideal situation is an outsdie Commish, who dosnt have a franchise in the league, who runs the league with intent only to make the league better, more fun, and competative. Nothin is worse than feeling like your commish is up to no good, or dosnt have your back when you feel like your on moral ground.
You can rest at ease knowing yall both offered him Equally bad trades.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 pm

OP, i think your offer was just as bad i'm afraid.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Moore > Whitehurst
1st = vereen + a 2nd

you have no room to to call out the comish in this case as i think he made the better offer..... I personally wouldn't have excepted either but he didnt take the lesser offer.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:30 pm

bad trades are one of the absolute worst parts of fantasy football (that and kickers.)

i recognize that trade code is further complicated in the dynasty format. but i still say if the deal tips the scales in the balance of power THAT drastically? it doesnt matter what it looks like down the road. it isn't fair to the league.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm

I did talk to both owners and made peace
12 Team 1QB PPR

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:50 pm

hamburgler wrote:bad trades are one of the absolute worst parts of fantasy football (that and kickers.)

i recognize that trade code is further complicated in the dynasty format. but i still say if the deal tips the scales in the balance of power THAT drastically? it doesnt matter what it looks like down the road. it isn't fair to the league.
There was a post revived from about 3 or 4 years back which had an owner sending Reggie Bush for a package of 3 players and every reply said the owner was crazy to consider it. Larry Fitzgerald was in the package coming back. In less than a year a trade which appeared to be dramatically in the favor of one side swung way the other way. Owners need the ability to control their own fate without being policed by the rest of the league - even if the trade is a bad one.

None of us know what will happen to Miles Austin even if we think we do. Take a look at Mike Williams (either one) this year...Percy Harvin...Brandon Lloyd...are any of these guys worth what they were only 3 months ago? Cam Newton? How much has his stock risen in the span of 6 weeks?

IMO, the existence of veto power by other owners is one of the fastest ways to ruin a league.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:32 pm

I find it ironic the OP is admonishing his commish for making a bad trade when in fact he was hoping his even worse trade offer would get accepted.