When league parity calls for drastic measures...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Re: When league parity calls for drastic measures...

Postby gratefulydead3 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 am

meineymoe wrote:
jthirteentimes wrote:You're the man. You did what was best for the greater good, making your personal interests secondary (although I realize that there was some interest in it for you as well). I would love to live in a culture where that was the norm. Well done :clap:.
are you one of the 99%? 8-)
ahahaha... I get it :D

R.I.P. to the greatest fantasy team ever known. I think what you did was in the best interest of the league as a whole, and I commend you for that. I'm sure it was a whole lot of fun being the juggernaut but take it from a guy who's rebuilt from scraps, the climb is pretty awesome too. My sig. team started with Cutler, Forte (I drafted him as a rookie, he was the only starting rb I had on my roster), and Colston. It's been a heck of a ride, but there is still work to do.. Right now I'm 1-4 :(

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 am

This was a great thing to do in the interest of keeping the league together. Hopefully the teams that didn't participate in the supp draft understand that.

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:55 am

gratefulydead3 wrote:
meineymoe wrote:
jthirteentimes wrote:You're the man. You did what was best for the greater good, making your personal interests secondary (although I realize that there was some interest in it for you as well). I would love to live in a culture where that was the norm. Well done :clap:.
are you one of the 99%? 8-)
I don't :(.

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:27 am

You know this brings up a very interesting question......are keeper leagues better than dynasty leagues?

I ask this because it seems like by nature keeper leagues have more checks and balances built into the system to prevent huge disparities from happening long term within the league. What do you guys think?
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:38 am

If by better you mean provide more parity than yes, but if by better you mean rewards intelligence than no, I like dynasty precisely because I live and die by my own decisions (cutting Arian Foster, drafting Cam Newton)
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

If I owned one of the other teams, I certainly wouldn´t have taken the gift. Either I try to work myself up in the league(everybody should treat it like this) or I´d step away from it, if the majority of the owners would do the same.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:05 pm

jthirteentimes wrote:
gratefulydead3 wrote:
meineymoe wrote: are you one of the 99%? 8-)
Here's an excellent article: http://www.npr.org/2011/10/14/141348231 ... nt-rise-up

or google Occupy Wall Street.

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 pm

meineymoe wrote:
jthirteentimes wrote:
gratefulydead3 wrote: ahahaha... I get it :D
Here's an excellent article: http://www.npr.org/2011/10/14/141348231 ... nt-rise-up

or google Occupy Wall Street.
Haha, thanks. Got it. Didn't connect the dots the first time :oops:.

:thumbup:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:16 pm

wow very classy move of you, not sure I would have done that.

we used to have an owner like that but over the years people have become wary of trading with him so his team as just sort of aged and become less dominant. he's still a top team maybe even the best team but it isnt unfair anymore. also P.manning being out has really hurt him
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted