Drake London vs. Christian Watson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Drake London vs. Christian Watson

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon May 09, 2022 5:18 am

Davante Adams had a lot of drops early on too…worked great for me as I got him extremely cheap before he blew up. Drops are something I pay little attention too…give me WR that can get open
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Ice wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:46 am Drops are a stat but not very critical in the grand scheme when weighed against opportunity. If Watson gets open in the pros he will drop passes because he will get fed.
Well. Half of it was right at least.
Ice wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:55 am Within 3 years the fantasy world will finally have consensus:

Watson will be a star WR1 and Drake London will be force fed Spaghetti as the Falcons desperately try to turn him into the much slower TE on their roster.

The fantasy community that loved London will look back and a few will come to the realization that they were bamboozled yet again because players like Butler, Harry, and London can look really good in highlight clips but are destined to fail because most LB's and half the DE's can outrun them.

Good Luck to the buyers of London! 8-)
At least he wished us luck. 8-)
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:52 am I disagree wholeheartedly. I’m not a huge fan of either guy until the draft gets well into the first round, but we know exactly what London is - he doesn’t separate from DBs and is slower than molasses. A bunch of his receptions are going to be with a DB draped all over him, and NFL DBs are a damned sight better than PAC12 counterparts.
Did "we" really know what London is? This post would suggest: "we" did not.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:01 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:22 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:10 am London is the easier answer, so it's easier for people to pick him.

However, I don't like his separation, I don't like his landing spot, and I don't like that nearly every single one of his comps are former first rounders who busted.

I'll take Watson.
I didn't know Jordan Love was one of the best QBs in the league :D
lol.

For what it's worth, I think Watson wins by default because I think London will bust aka N'Keal Harry.
Sometimes the easier answer really is that easy.

Zoiks! Another N'keal invocation!
Ice wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:31 am Excellent Post and the Supporting Links. :thumbup:

On a side note, The Cowboys were very fortunate to get Jalen Tolbert in the 3rd round. He has a chance to be special in his own right in a few years and may start week 1. Don't think they will be able to keep him off the field.
Bonus Ice content! :D
Ice wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:59 pm When you can prove London can run a sub 4.8 40
I will tell you!

If not maybe I will by week 10 next year!

Stay Tuned! 👍
Unfortunately the Falcons are still not sharing their proprietary team data on Drake London's 40.

Our best people are still on it, though - we will update you when we have the answers.
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:06 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:52 am I don't think this would even be a conversation if Watson hadn't landed with Aaron Rodgers.
To Ice's credit he has always been consistent on this (believing running fast in a straight line and looking cool performing exhibition drills in shorts is what makes a good WR)
I'm dead. :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:02 pm

Of course, we still have a solid -checks watch- "three years" before Ice will admit defeat on NDSU superstar Christian Watson.

However, I think it's nigh time that the Drake London "he can't seperate" crowd start submitting their formal apologies.

Through three games:
16/25 for 214 yards and 2 TD's.

Currently the WR11 in 0.5 PPR leagues.
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:20 am Wait. Let me get this correct. Pitts led ATL in targets last year with 110. Gage as the top targeted WR had 94. And you are guaranteeing that London will get at least 150 targets? How exactly do you get there?
There are no garuantees, and I personally wouldn't have staked myself to an 150 target season.

And yet.

Leading the Falcons in targets (by far) as their unquestioned #1 pass catcher.

On pace for an 141 target season.

Ye gods.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:09 pm

They are exactly the players they were in college

London phenomenal and Watson bad but looked cool doing drills in shorts in Indy

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:58 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:02 pm Of course, we still have a solid -checks watch- "three years" before Ice will admit defeat on NDSU superstar Christian Watson.

However, I think it's nigh time that the Drake London "he can't seperate" crowd start submitting their formal apologies.

Through three games:
16/25 for 214 yards and 2 TD's.

Currently the WR11 in 0.5 PPR leagues.
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:20 am Wait. Let me get this correct. Pitts led ATL in targets last year with 110. Gage as the top targeted WR had 94. And you are guaranteeing that London will get at least 150 targets? How exactly do you get there?
There are no garuantees, and I personally wouldn't have staked myself to an 150 target season.

And yet.

Leading the Falcons in targets (by far) as their unquestioned #1 pass catcher.

On pace for an 141 target season.

Ye gods.
Poor Mild; has to go back to a thread in which I acknowledged it will take Watson some time but ignores the Kirk/Jacksonville thread where it would be oh so easy for me to throw bad takes right back in his face.....

Oh well, Mild does seem to have that trolling gene that needs to be scratched from time to time.

Drake certainly has looked better than I thought so far and Watson did have a bad drop but then again every WR has a few of those annually.

I get many have difficulty understanding how players develop so we get the subtle dig type posts but one only has to look at Allen, Hurts, Lawrence, Kirk, and many other young talents to actually see the many rookies with plus skill-sets get significantly better over time.

As far as admitting some defeat after 3 weeks of a rookie season; That only shows a lack of understanding that the NFL drafts on potential and drafts for future success.

Seems there are a few that don't understand players like Watson or Skyy weren't drafted as a finished product. BTW, they could bust, it happens. The NFL landscape is filled with WR busts like Charles Rodgers and countless others.

That said, Green Bay has a strong history drafting WR's and developing them so time will tell on Watson.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:58 pm Poor Mild; has to go back to a thread in which I acknowledged it will take Watson some time but ignores the Kirk/Jacksonville thread where it would be oh so easy for me to throw bad takes right back in his face.....

Oh well, Mild does seem to have that trolling gene that needs to be scratched from time to time.
I literally said we had 3 more years until we could hassle you about Christian Watson!

And sure, I've already admitted I was wrong on Christian Kirk. Being wrong about fantasy football players: it happens, and it's ok.
Ice wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:58 pm Drake certainly has looked better than I thought so far
There it is. Congratulations Ice: I'm proud of you.

Was that so hard?

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:12 pm

I love this forum and all of you!
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:27 pm

I’ll be honest I need to absolutely take an L on London. I thought he looked like Nkeal Harry 2.0, and had him below several other rookies including a couple wideouts.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:44 am

This comparison always seemed strange. The best thing Watson had going for him is a very good athletic profile, but that just can't compensate for everything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:46 am

Never had Watson in a tier with London but I will say I faded London a little compared to Wilson/Olave/Jamo when I shouldn't have it seems

DynastyKing23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyKing23 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:40 am

I had the 1.1 and 1.3. Top 3 went Hall, Walker, London.

At 1st I was dissapointed as I wanted to land hall and Walker. I also had a hard time choosing a wr as I liked London, Williams, and Wilson. I went with my gut and choose to ignore the London comparison to Harry nonsensical talk. Didn't want 2 jets and just didn't trust Williams over London. Watson to me wasn't worth more than a 2nd round pick.

I also faded every other rb not named hall or walker, skyy more, and olave compared to most.
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

QB- Burrow, Murray, Stafford, G Smith
RB- CMC, Taylor, Swift, Jacobs, B Hall, Gibbs, A Jones, Najee
WR- Kupp, AJB, ARSB, K Allen, Pittman, London, Puka, Dell
TE- Kelce, Hockenson, Pitts

Picks

2024 2nd, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, (2)3rd, 5th
2025 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:44 am

DynastyKing23 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:40 am I had the 1.1 and 1.3. Top 3 went Hall, Walker, London.

At 1st I was dissapointed as I wanted to land hall and Walker. I also had a hard time choosing a wr as I liked London, Williams, and Wilson. I went with my gut and choose to ignore the London comparison to Harry nonsensical talk. Didn't want 2 jets and just didn't trust Williams over London. Watson to me wasn't worth more than a 2nd round pick.

I also faded every other rb not named hall or walker, skyy more, and olave compared to most.
Fading all the other RB seemed more obvious this year than most. Still doesnt stop most people from reaching for RB. Sound reasoning on London pick as well. I would think he went 2-5 in 90% of leagues. Watson was never truly comparable. Draft capital alone proves that

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:09 am

On London, I was sitting at the #10 pick in our rookie draft and can't even tell you who I was targeting (James Cook maybe? Who went before I picked) and when my pick came up it was one of those, "Okay, what am I missing? Why is London still on the board?" things.

So ummmmmm, yeah. I drafted him. I'm sufficiently pleased right now, as I didn't think I'd get anything of value.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:37 am

Payton34 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:09 am On London, I was sitting at the #10 pick in our rookie draft and can't even tell you who I was targeting (James Cook maybe? Who went before I picked) and when my pick came up it was one of those, "Okay, what am I missing? Why is London still on the board?" things.

So ummmmmm, yeah. I drafted him. I'm sufficiently pleased right now, as I didn't think I'd get anything of value.
Man, he didn’t leave the top three anywhere I was drafting.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:18 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:37 am
Payton34 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:09 am On London, I was sitting at the #10 pick in our rookie draft and can't even tell you who I was targeting (James Cook maybe? Who went before I picked) and when my pick came up it was one of those, "Okay, what am I missing? Why is London still on the board?" things.

Man, he didn’t leave the top three anywhere I was drafting.
I like Olave more…but it’s hard to imagine a scenario where he would go after the top 5.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave