Consensus 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Consensus 1.01?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:54 am

I'm not big on this draft class—QBs seem weak, no RBs really blow me away, lots of GOOD WRs but none that seem really ELITE to me, TE class seems to be underwhelming. I traded away most of my picks for this year.

SO...who do you have as the consensus 1.01 pick?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Consensus 1.01?

Postby thunderTung » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:05 am

I think consensus has been pretty clear for awhile that Hall is your 1.01. We'll see if that changes after this weekend though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:09 am

Hall by a lot

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:10 am

Hall. Walker is a nice player but his receiving profile has so many red flags. It's worse than other guys who people want to compare, like JT and Gordon etc. Low efficiency, his team passed more than those teams, and his target share was abysmal. He also didn't ever lead his team in RB targets. His pass blocking is basically universally agreed upon as bad, too. Hall's profile is elite, and if he gets day 1 or early day 2 capital, it cements it. He's bell cow size with an elite metrics profile as well as a great receiving profile for PPR leagues. Don't over think it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:14 am

Hall, no contest. Dual threat RB with great skills and talent.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:27 am

Personally, I think it's much closer than many realize. I lean Hall but admit that - for me it will come down to draft capital and landing spot.

Walker is an ELITE runner. The digs on the receiving skills are far overblown by members of this community. Many of these posters said the same thing about Melvin Gordon. Either way, I totally understand the allure of Hall and wouldn't at all fault anyone for taking him 1.01. He likely will be the 1.01 in 90% of single qb standard ppr leagues.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:32 am

JFever wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:27 am Personally, I think it's much closer than many realize. I lean Hall but admit that - for me it will come down to draft capital and landing spot.

Walker is an ELITE runner. The digs on the receiving skills are far overblown by members of this community. Many of these posters said the same thing about Melvin Gordon. Either way, I totally understand the allure of Hall and wouldn't at all fault anyone for taking him 1.01. He likely will be the 1.01 in 90% of single qb standard ppr leagues.
i'm kind of in the same boat. There is something about Walker that I really like, that Hall doesnt have. idk exactly what it is, but its there. That said with the 1.03, im not gonna be heartbroken if either one is still on the board
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:42 am

JFever wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:27 am Personally, I think it's much closer than many realize. I lean Hall but admit that - for me it will come down to draft capital and landing spot.

The digs are simply pointing out the major red flags in his receiving profile. Not really comparable to Gordon, or JT for that matter, as some others use. The thing is, Wisconsin threw less than Michigan state. The target share for Gordon was significantly higher. 8.7 vs 5.4, it's really not even close. 69th percentile vs 31st. JT's was 10.3 percent, or 78th percentile,basically double the target share. Walker's efficiency was also abysmal, and he was basically limited to LOS dump offs. As I stated earlier, Walker wasn't even the most targeted RB in any college season, and his pass blocking has been universally bashed as being poor, so being on the field in a lot of passing situations is very unlikely.

Landing spot and draft capital won't matter much to me, unless the draft capital is off by rounds in the NFL draft. The CEH mistake over JT shouldn't be repeated.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am

Hall is my clear 1.01 with walker as mu clear 1.02 before the draft. That's more a reflection on the wrs and QBs in superflex more than the two rbs ability.

After the draft with landing spots and draft capital known it very well could be different.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:52 am

abloom wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am Hall is my clear 1.01 with walker as mu clear 1.02 before the draft. That's more a reflection on the wrs and QBs in superflex more than the two rbs ability.

After the draft with landing spots and draft capital known it very well could be different.
If Willis goes top 5-10, I can see the argument for him at 1.01 in a SF, with his rushing ability. He'd be a better version of Hurts with more draft capital insulation. I just worry he goes to a team that is too inept to develop him, as he is very raw. If the Steelers somehow got him, it would be wheels up, but I highly doubt he gets that far.
Janiel Dones Truther

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:42 am

The digs are simply pointing out the major red flags in his receiving profile. Not really comparable to Gordon, or JT for that matter, as some others use. The thing is, Wisconsin threw less than Michigan state. The target share for Gordon was significantly higher. 8.7 vs 5.4, it's really not even close. 69th percentile vs 31st. JT's was 10.3 percent, or 78th percentile,basically double the target share. Walker's efficiency was also abysmal, and he was basically limited to LOS dump offs. As I stated earlier, Walker wasn't even the most targeted RB in any college season, and his pass blocking has been universally bashed as being poor, so being on the field in a lot of passing situations is very unlikely.

Landing spot and draft capital won't matter much to me, unless the draft capital is off by rounds in the NFL draft. The CEH mistake over JT shouldn't be repeated.
I dont think the gap between CEH and Taylor is even remotely close to the gap between Hall and Walker. maybe im remembering incorrectly but I dont think CEH was ever even in the same conversation as the top back in the class before he went to KC.

There is a large difference between vaulting from like rb5 to rb1 because of landing spot versus moving past one guy when Hall and Walker are already pretty close imo. I can see walker having a similar to career to that of Chubb, who has never really been a prolific pass catcher.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:02 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:53 am

I dont think the gap between CEH and Taylor is even remotely close to the gap between Hall and Walker. maybe im remembering incorrectly but I dont think CEH was ever even in the same conversation as the top back in the class before he went to KC.

There is a large difference between vaulting from like rb5 to rb1 because of landing spot versus moving past one guy when Hall and Walker are already pretty close imo. I can see walker having a similar to career to that of Chubb, who has never really been a prolific pass catcher.
It depends on what you're using as the barometer.

Film vs Analytics.

CEH looked better than JT on film (which is why he was drafted 1st and DLF_Mikeh started the cautionary JT thread).

Walker is significantly better than CEH from an analytics stand point but the difference on film isn't that significant... CEH probably looked better, imo.

From a purely analytics viewpoint, assuming at least round 2 draft capital, Hall is a JT level prospect.. I don't believe landing spot should move any RB over that kind of prospect.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:07 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:53 am

I'm more saying swapping guys out due to a few spots in the draft, and overvaluing the landing spot, when one guy had an elite profile, and the other didn't.

I kind of see Walker as a mini Chubb, but Chubb is over 5 YPC on his career, and is about 225 pounds. I think Walker will be lucky to reach Chubb's numbers. I see him similarily to Dobbins, in terms of outlook. They are both similar size, both great athletes and runners, though Dobbins has a better receiving profile, he's limited by Lamar.
Janiel Dones Truther

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:01 pm

RB's who ran 4.40 or under and drafted within first 2 rounds;
Chris Johnson 195
CJ Spiller 196
MJD 207
Darren McFadden 210
Adrian Peterson 217
Jonathan Taylor 226
Saquon Barkley 233

4.41-4.45, also drafted within first 2 rounds;
LaMichael James 194
Reggie Bush 203
Ray Rice 203
Ryan Mathews 218

CEH better film than JT is just an opinion and a highly debatable one at that. I would say what made JT different than Hall is JT weighed in 10lbs more, which, is significant when you're running a 4.3x. I actually think Walker's best comp is Jamaal Charles, but he was drafted in the 3rd, but did run a 4.3x.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:07 pm

Is no one raising a red flag that Walker is only measuring at 5'9"? Seems short for what should be a prime back.