Olave Garden is Back on the Menu

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Olave Garden is Back on the Menu

Postby mild » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:09 am

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 pm Interesting he was arrested, in my "rapid driving youth" I was stopped for 66 in a 35 zone and 90 in a 40 zone on two separate occasions and in both cases I was ticketed and allowed to go on my merry way
Not to take anything away from your youth, but

1. Times were probably different back in the 1950's, and
2. You probably weren't going fast enough.

Without knowing the exact rules down in the Big Easy, it's likely that he was over 100mph on a 65 or 75mph speedway.

In certain places, there are speeds that trigger an immediate arrest and/or loss of license. Could well have been the case here.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:53 am

mild wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:09 am
BlackOmega wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 pm Interesting he was arrested, in my "rapid driving youth" I was stopped for 66 in a 35 zone and 90 in a 40 zone on two separate occasions and in both cases I was ticketed and allowed to go on my merry way
Not to take anything away from your youth, but

1. Times were probably different back in the 1950's, and
2. You probably weren't going fast enough.

Without knowing the exact rules down in the Big Easy, it's likely that he was over 100mph on a 65 or 75mph speedway.

In certain places, there are speeds that trigger an immediate arrest and/or loss of license. Could well have been the case here.
Maybe so, but not being born yet I don't really know! lol

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:12 am

Sometimes FF gets off the rails. I'm not changing my POV on Olave because of a speeding ticket.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:44 am

The crazy thing is, we just drove from Indiana to Florida and I was getting passed by the majority of traffic most the way despite going 85+ in a 70. I presume most of the people passing me were approaching Olaves speeds of 35mph over the limit, especially in the spots it drops down to 60 or 65 and no1 bothers to slow down.

This will end up being nothing (much like what it was for Addison), as I'm sure he will learn from it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:56 am

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:16 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:27 pm
mild wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm Jordan Addison is the new Olave.

Wait, sorry - I got that round the wrong way. Chris Olave is the new Jordan Addison.

https://x.com/nick_underhill/status/171 ... 44050?s=20

Arrested tonight for speeding. Will be released shortly from Kenner City Jail.

Always struck me as a guy that had his head on straight. This is not what you want to see.
35 MPH over is a lot. Not good.
Interesting he was arrested, in my "rapid driving youth" I was stopped for 66 in a 35 zone and 90 in a 40 zone on two separate occasions and in both cases I was ticketed and allowed to go on my merry way
I did 35 over yesterday lol this is nothing just like in the case of Addison

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:56 am

Interesting he was arrested, in my "rapid driving youth" I was stopped for 66 in a 35 zone and 90 in a 40 zone on two separate occasions and in both cases I was ticketed and allowed to go on my merry way
I did 35 over yesterday lol this is nothing just like in the case of Addison
In a sense, yes it is nothing. No one should be adjusting rankings based on this. But there is a slightly troubling trend developing with him looking like he’s not giving his full attention on the field (quitting on routes) and now acting reckless off the field. Makes you wonder where his head is at right now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:15 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 am
In a sense, yes it is nothing. No one should be adjusting rankings based on this. But there is a slightly troubling trend developing with him looking like he’s not giving his full attention on the field (quitting on routes) and now acting reckless off the field. Makes you wonder where his head is at right now.
I said this in the Addison thread, but I would bet that most athletes speed all the time in their expensive, fast cars. It's just a matter of whether they ever get caught or not. They surely don't buy them to go the speed limit.

It's not smart when you're a public figure, but I don't think it's a reflection of awful character or not being focused on your craft, unless you're doing so drunk.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:21 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:15 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 am
I said this in the Addison thread, but I would bet that most athletes speed all the time in their expensive, fast cars. It's just a matter of whether they ever get caught or not. They surely don't buy them to go the speed limit.

It's not smart when you're a public figure, but I don't think it's a reflection of awful character or not being focused on your craft, unless you're doing so drunk.
Right. I speed on the way to work and it has 0 effect when I am at work

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:36 am

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/stat ... 6508157110

Clocked going 70 in a 35.

So, not quite Addison levels of speed, but still kinda stupid.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:46 am

Very stupid.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:58 am

My perception of Olave has changed pretty dramatically in less than a week. I viewed him as a very good, low-risk receiver before. Now with the Carr stuff, alleged lazy route running, and speeding, he's looking like a bit of a diva.

It doesn't hurt him that much for me, but there have been better weeks for his value than this one.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Still two leagues I don't have him in, so I'd appreciate if everyone could make this a much much bigger deal. That's all, thanks!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:17 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:36 am https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/stat ... 6508157110

Clocked going 70 in a 35.

So, not quite Addison levels of speed, but still kinda stupid.
As a professional speeder in my youth, this really depends on what type of road and location. I got clocked 52 in a 30, the road was zoned as residential but there were literally no buildings/houses in that particular stretch of road. The judge was yelling at me as if I was endangering a neighborhood full of kids lol. That said, 70 in a 35 is just asking for a ticket though.

Edit; the video shows he’s on a street lined with houses. Basically he’s an idiot

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:11 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm Jordan Addison is the new Olave.

Wait, sorry - I got that round the wrong way. Chris Olave is the new Jordan Addison.

https://x.com/nick_underhill/status/171 ... 44050?s=20

Arrested tonight for speeding. Will be released shortly from Kenner City Jail.

Always struck me as a guy that had his head on straight. This is not what you want to see.
It's likely to do with the laws in the area you live in, and the ones where he does.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:17 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:58 am My perception of Olave has changed pretty dramatically in less than a week. I viewed him as a very good, low-risk receiver before. Now with the Carr stuff, alleged lazy route running, and speeding, he's looking like a bit of a diva.

It doesn't hurt him that much for me, but there have been better weeks for his value than this one.
I roster him and I'm starting to get concerned. He's been aloof most of the year, on the field, and now this. Not sure "diva" is the right term, but his compete level, and play ethic are concerning, and this combined with that, is a concern for me, for sure. It may be nothing, he may learn from it and never do it again, but I've been concerned that Olave may not hit the ceiling I thought he could. I just don't think he has shown any indication he has the mentality to be a true top end, target hog type WR. I think he can still be a very good player, but I think 90 catches for 1200 yards might be closer to his ceiling than 110/1500 type thing.

It sort of reminds me a bit of Cooper's career arc. Coop started off looking like if he improved from his rookie year, he'd be that top end guy, but he just sort of plateau'd, and he was still a very good NFL WR, as I think Olave will be, but he just never really progressed to that elite level many thought he could get to.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".