Is CeeDee Lamb being over-valued right now as WR3 in Dynasty startups?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Is CeeDee Lamb being over-valued right now as WR3 in Dynasty startups?

Postby thebadferret » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:08 am

I own him in the one league I'm going to start a long rebuild this upcoming season. Will try to move him this off season. Happy that he finished this strong.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 am

thebadferret wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:08 amI own him in the one league I'm going to start a long rebuild this upcoming season. Will try to move him this off season. Happy that he finished this strong.
I'm trying to think of what kind of rebuilding team needs to get rid of a 24 year old T4 Dynasty WR? The only think I can come up with is you're planning a 7-year rebuild. :think:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 am
thebadferret wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:08 amI own him in the one league I'm going to start a long rebuild this upcoming season. Will try to move him this off season. Happy that he finished this strong.
I'm trying to think of what kind of rebuilding team needs to get rid of a 24 year old T4 Dynasty WR? The only think I can come up with is you're planning a 7-year rebuild. :think:
I can see it if you have no legitimate other assets (which this post doesn’t indicate). 1 first round pick a year most likely isn’t going to get it done. You have to accumulate assets somehow. Just have to get a good deal for him.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:26 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 am
I can see it if you have no legitimate other assets (which this post doesn’t indicate). 1 first round pick a year most likely isn’t going to get it done. You have to accumulate assets somehow. Just have to get a good deal for him.
I agree.
I can see it happening in leagues that start 10/11/12 offensive players, and maybe Lamb is all you have.
I would trade Lamb and JuJu for DeVonta Smith and Garrett Wilson, or maybe two 1sts and a 2nd round pick just for Lamb.

Some leagues it's hard to fill 11 slots with legitimate players.
I see players like Kyle Juszczyk, Juwan Johnson, Boston Scott and others like that in Flex slots in many of my leagues.
When you have to fill 3 WR slots and 3 Flex slots on top of a SF slot, pickings can get mighty slim.

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:49 am

The NFL says they care about player safety but WHAT IS ROGER GOODELL DOING TO PROTECT DBACKS FROM CEEDEE LAMB?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:05 am

The reasons people used to talk themselves out of Lamb in this thread were something else.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:09 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:35 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:24 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:19 am

Exactly! Lamb is a fine WR2, but he is showing that the Cowboys were wrong to bet on him as a WR1.
He is just not and Alpha WR, can't make someone something they are not.

I finally did move Lamb, so he is no longer my problem.
I traded away Lamb + Michael Carter for Javonte Williams and Rondale Moore yesterday.
This trade looks worse than it did then.
Right....pretty clear looking back, as it was WIlliams and Hall who tore there ACL's and not Lamb.
I gotta get better at predicting ACL tears I guess.
Update: After this deal looked bad a year ago, it now looks colossally awful.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:37 am

LOL right?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:21 am

hankmurphy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:49 am The NFL says they care about player safety but WHAT IS ROGER GOODELL DOING TO PROTECT DBACKS FROM CEEDEE LAMB?
:lol:

I have seen a lot of people coming around to him being in the top tier of WR and I would agree. JJ and Chase are awesome, but week to week, it could be ARSB, AJB or Lamb as the WR1 easily.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:02 pm

hankmurphy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:49 am The NFL says they care about player safety but WHAT IS ROGER GOODELL DOING TO PROTECT DBACKS FROM CEEDEE LAMB?
:thumbup:

The Tier 1 vs Tier 2 argument has been settled with the above MIC DROP!
:clap: :clap:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:09 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:09 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:24 pm

This trade looks worse than it did then.
Right....pretty clear looking back, as it was WIlliams and Hall who tore there ACL's and not Lamb.
Update: No longer matters to me because I left that league. :lol:

Worst commissioner ever!
Too many changes in the middle of the season, in the middle of the night with no warning.
Dude changed scoring and roster sizes just before week 14 last year, and changed the roster size too.
Middle of the night, no notice, just like when he adds FAAB to his own account, and stashes ineligible players on his Taxi. :wall:

Having a much better season this year with no drama.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:38 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:09 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:09 am

Update: No longer matters to me because I left that league. :lol:

Worst commissioner ever!
Too many changes in the middle of the season, in the middle of the night with no warning.
Dude changed scoring and roster sizes just before week 14 last year, and changed the roster size too.
Middle of the night, no notice, just like when he adds FAAB to his own account, and stashes ineligible players on his Taxi. :wall:

Having a much better season this year with no drama.
That's a good way to make up for trading a top 3-4 dynasty asset away for peanuts, just leave!

Just joking with you. I wouldn't put up with all that nonsense from a commish either. Changes need to be agreed on and implemented in the off season unless it's a major issue that needs adding in season (COVID rules, etc) and darn close to unanimous.

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:58 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Weird to be claiming victory two weeks into the season after he faced a really good defense and lost his starting QB
And been the same player he was years 1 and 2--NOT a WR1

Betting on Lamb as a WR1 was like buying a 10 cent crypto at a dollar with the expectation it would rise

It didn't magically become better--shockingly
Exactly! Lamb is a fine WR2, but he is showing that the Cowboys were wrong to bet on him as a WR1.

I traded away Lamb + Michael Carter for Javonte Williams and Rondale Moore yesterday.

Let’s remind everybody of this trade one more time. Also some of the hate CeeDee took in this thread is comical

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:03 pm

natjjohn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:58 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:30 pm

And been the same player he was years 1 and 2--NOT a WR1

Betting on Lamb as a WR1 was like buying a 10 cent crypto at a dollar with the expectation it would rise

It didn't magically become better--shockingly

Let’s remind everybody of this trade one more time. Also some of the hate CeeDee took in this thread is comical
I think that having the opportunity to grow with Coop there for a few years, was a perfect fit for his career arc. By year 3, he was a developed NFL WR, who could take over the top dog role in that offense, seamlessly. I knew his floor was high, but I wasn't thinking this was his ceiling. I've said it since earlier this year, and just did in the week 17 thread....he's absolutely in the JJ/Chase tier, and there's an argument for him being WR1 overall, given the known QB situation.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:39 pm

Lamb going OFF. Wow. This may get me to my win. 42 points. Damn.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble