Is CeeDee Lamb being over-valued right now as WR3 in Dynasty startups?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is CeeDee Lamb being over-valued right now as WR3 in Dynasty startups?

Postby j4pac » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:55 pm

He’s a big part why I’ll be in the championship next week. Glad I bought him over the offseason
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:05 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:10 pm Now that Lamb's value has dropped from WR3 to WR14 on KTC, I feel the new ranking more accurately reflects Lamb's abilities.
Sure, Lamb might finish as WR10 one year, but in reality, high end WR2 is basically his ceiling.

My original premise in starting this thread is that Lamb was over-valued at WR3, and the results have shown that I was correct.
Now wishing I had not been trying to sell him high, and just somehow move him.

I probably could have gotten Waddle, AJ Brown, Drake London, ARSB, or Garrett Wilson for him just 3 weeks ago, but I can't get any of those WR's for Lamb now.
Nothing like a September victory lap lol.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:07 pm

Should be a top 5 WR at 23 years old after today's performance. Any haters that remain are just that - haters

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:11 pm

JJ and Chase only 2 guys clearly more valuable than him. A lot of guys in that WR3 argument, but Lamb absolutely one of them.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:54 pm

If I keep hitting on high profile rookie WR’s my heads gonna start getting big.

Took a few years, but lamb has arrived, and I’m pretty excited to be able to pair him up with Chase and Wilson for the next 6-8 seasons
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:04 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:54 pm If I keep hitting on high profile rookie WR’s my heads gonna start getting big.

Took a few years, but lamb has arrived, and I’m pretty excited to be able to pair him up with Chase and Wilson for the next 6-8 seasons
Same 😆 I have the pleasure of rolling out AJB, CD and Garrett Wilson in my league…unfortunately it looks like I’m going to lose in the ‘ship even though I’ll put up 170 this week. Other guy has JJ, Saquon, Dak, etc.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:26 am

KCLep20 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:04 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:54 pm If I keep hitting on high profile rookie WR’s my heads gonna start getting big.

Same 😆 I have the pleasure of rolling out AJB, CD and Garrett Wilson in my league…unfortunately it looks like I’m going to lose in the ‘ship even though I’ll put up 170 this week. Other guy has JJ, Saquon, Dak, etc.
Sames.
In the first team in my sig, I have Lamb/Chase/Waddle. As Saturday's games came to an end, it was CDL who stepped up to match my opponent's Jefferson's great week 16 and put me in a position to win. Only 8 points back with Tua+Waddle+Sieler left to seal the deal. :dance:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:58 pm

He’s been so solid this season. Very happy I was able to trade for him over the offseason
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 am

Another strong performance, and generally showed up for the playoffs which is important for his owners!!! Comparing week 1 to now is a dramatic change in emotions but it also says a lot that folks overlooked the 11 targets and criticized the 2 catches.

Wonder what this off-season will bring in terms of offensive pieces to pair with Lamb or if they stay as is.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 am

gpaok wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 am Another strong performance, and generally showed up for the playoffs which is important for his owners!!! Comparing week 1 to now is a dramatic change in emotions but it also says a lot that folks overlooked the 11 targets and criticized the 2 catches.

Wonder what this off-season will bring in terms of offensive pieces to pair with Lamb or if they stay as is.
He's in the 3-5 range for me at this point. JJ and Chase the 1/2. Established QB under contract, is a key bonus. JJ and Chase have that as well. Cousins and Burrow are locked into their spot in 23, and Burrow obviously much longer (unofficially).
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 am
gpaok wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 am Another strong performance, and generally showed up for the playoffs which is important for his owners!!! Comparing week 1 to now is a dramatic change in emotions but it also says a lot that folks overlooked the 11 targets and criticized the 2 catches.

He's in the 3-5 range for me at this point. JJ and Chase the 1/2. Established QB under contract, is a key bonus. JJ and Chase have that as well. Cousins and Burrow are locked into their spot in 23, and Burrow obviously much longer (unofficially).
Agree,

Lamb is a Stud and it doesn't matter what other WR they bring in on the other side.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:52 am

I only wish people in my leagues had panicked as much as some on here so I could have picked him up in more leagues.

When this thread was created, he may have been slightly overrated just from aspect that his upside was mostly projection at that point. He's earned that top 3-6 spot now with his play on the field. Talented, productive, super young WR, tied to a decent QB for the foreseeable future. What's not to love. He's squarely in tier 2 behind JJ and Chase.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:03 am

Some of the comments earlier in this thread are so comical now. A lot of people claiming victory in September have gone suspiciously quiet in recent weeks.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:15 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:03 am Some of the comments earlier in this thread are so comical now. A lot of people claiming victory in September have gone suspiciously quiet in recent weeks.
I am far too lazy to go back and reread, but know I was one on the side of not believing his ranking was worthy. His play and production down the stretch has made me re-evaluate. I think my anti Dak bias played into my concern CeeDee couldn't produce like this consistently. It appears I was wrong.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:00 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:03 am Some of the comments earlier in this thread are so comical now. A lot of people claiming victory in September have gone suspiciously quiet in recent weeks.
Lamb's breakout wasn't even surprising. Like...who else is supposed to catch passes in Dallas? Why did people think he can't produce when he's done exactly that since entering the league?

People over thought this. Stud college WR with 1st round pedigree and two T-24 finishes gets a WR1 season. Never seen anything like it. :lol: