Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:50 am

Mike11 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:26 am I don't think it's crazy to assume if Dallas goes Brooks or Benson in round 2 you will start to see them off the board after the big 3 receivers and in 2QB top 3/4 QBs + Bowers. In non-TEP we can argue about pure talent and opportunity but look at what Kyren did this year with that backfield all to himself. Would you rather own Kyren Williams or Tee Higgins right now (I'm thinking AD or BTJ are maybe comparable value plays to Higgins)? It's closer than people would've thought 6 months ago I think.

For longevity I'd lean WR but that's easy to say before we see draft capital or landing spots. I have a feeling either Brian Thomas Jr or AD Mitchell will get a good landing spot and we'll see the big 3 receivers, Bowers, 1 more WR and maybe the top 3 QBs go off before any RB but it could become a conversation for certain drafters.
Schefter today said that it's hard to see Brooks getting past Dallas at 56.

Brooks seems to be the only RB in this class getting consistently mocked in the Top 64, and he's coming off an ACL tear.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:19 am
This is the most important draft in a decade or two for my Vikings. If we leave Thursday without a QB of the future I'll be a wreck.
You ok with trading 11, 23, and next year's first to move to 4 or 5 and take JJM?

If Vikings trade away 3 1sts I want it to be to move up to #3 for Maye, I feel adding that 3rd 1st for JJM who a good game manager at best would be too much and set them back.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:02 pm

Can I get your sense of the top QBs in this draft, before we get a landing spot?

1.01 Williams—high floor, high ceiling, elite talent, chance to be "generational" Chicago is setting him up to succeed
1.02 Daniels—safe pick, Lamar lite, Heisman winner, very good, Washington is an okay landing spot
1.03 Maye—low floor, high ceiling, makes great plays, then throws ball in dirt, risky—NEP not a great spot IMO
1.04 JJM—seems like a game manager, decent QB, should be a starter, and in MINN has weapons

This how you all see it? I've seen at least one website rank Penix over JJM.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:04 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 am
This is the most important draft in a decade or two for my Vikings. If we leave Thursday without a QB of the future I'll be a wreck.
You ok with trading 11, 23, and next year's first to move to 4 or 5 and take JJM?

If Vikings trade away 3 1sts I want it to be to move up to #3 for Maye, I feel adding that 3rd 1st for JJM who a good game manager at best would be too much and set them back.
I'm with you: three firsts is a LOT to move up from 11, even with the QB premium price. If they like McCarthy the most of all the QBs, do it. If they like all four QBs, trade up & get whoever is there at 4 or 5.

As I said earlier, take a shot at a rookie QB. If he flames out, you do it again in few seasons.
Last edited by Pac_Eddy on Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:18 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:54 am *in the "Press Your Luck" game show "no whammys" chant

No Ponders no Ponders no Ponders no Ponders STOP!

Best of luck!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:02 pm Can I get your sense of the top QBs in this draft, before we get a landing spot?

1.01 Williams—high floor, high ceiling, elite talent, chance to be "generational" Chicago is setting him up to succeed
1.02 Daniels—safe pick, Lamar lite, Heisman winner, very good, Washington is an okay landing spot
1.03 Maye—low floor, high ceiling, makes great plays, then throws ball in dirt, risky—NEP not a great spot IMO
1.04 JJM—seems like a game manager, decent QB, should be a starter, and in MINN has weapons

Where are you getting your evaluations? Williams could bust given how long he holds onto the football and his slow processing. I see Daniels as riskier than Maye. Both Maye and JJM have proven they can throw into pro size tight windows and handle pressure well - both are strong traits going to the NFL. With Daniels you’re hoping for a second strike of the Burrow lightning. How often do you expect that to happen?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:50 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:02 pm Can I get your sense of the top QBs in this draft, before we get a landing spot?

Where are you getting your evaluations? Williams could bust given how long he holds onto the football and his slow processing. I see Daniels as riskier than Maye. Both Maye and JJM have proven they can throw into pro size tight windows and handle pressure well - both are strong traits going to the NFL. With Daniels you’re hoping for a second strike of the Burrow lightning. How often do you expect that to happen?
He's probably got a network of lightning rods set up on a grid of grounded electrical potential. You could say he can sense where and when that lightning will strike...even control where.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:11 pm

before we get a landing spot...

with projected landing spots in analysis.

i'm so confused.

but seriously, every single one is risky (except williams. he is generational and going to the greatest landing spot of any rookie qb in history)

and penix and bo should be rated above jj. maybe even above maye
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:15 pm

81- wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:11 pm before we get a landing spot...

with projected landing spots in analysis.

i'm so confused.

but seriously, every single one is risky (except williams. he is generational and going to the greatest landing spot of any rookie qb in history)

and penix and bo should be rated above jj. maybe even above maye
I think you're being too harsh. There hasn't been discussion on this board about these players yet and the draft starts Thursday! Time to cram study!

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:30 pm

Irl I think JJ is QB2. All he does is win. His stats aren’t huge, but when the game is on the line, he improvises and makes plays happen. I’d feel comfortable drafting him at 1.2 irl.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:32 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 pm

Various websites. Most have CW as the safest pick with huge upside. IDK about holding too long or slow processing. I think you're confusing him with Fields. I'm on the fence between Daniels/Maye. I've seen some rank Maye as low as QB5/6 in this class. I'm really not all-in on any QB except for Williams. I think the Bears are setting him up for success.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:33 pm

I have Maye 2nd easily as a long term NFL player.

Big strong great arm. Where he needs improvement is footwork in high stress situations which is a pretty easy fix.

I have Daniel’s 4th. He is good but as a 5 year starter I do have some concerns with his game over the middle. Not sure he is a throw a WR open kind of QB.

I do expect him to go 1.2

All 4 look like NFL quality upside QB’s.

Williams looks like a generational talent. The Bears have a horrible history with QB’s

Maybe he breaks that curse.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:34 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:33 pm

I have Maye 2nd easily as a long term NFL player.

Big strong great arm. Where he needs improvement is footwork in high stress situations which is a pretty easy fix.

I have Daniel’s 4th. He is good but as a 5 year starter I do have some concerns with his game over the middle. Not sure he is a throw a WR open kind of QB.

I do expect him to go 1.2

All 4 look like NFL quality upside QB’s.

Williams looks like a generational talent. The Bears have a horrible history with QB’s

Maybe he breaks that curse.
I've never seen the Bears set up like this for a QB. Fingers crossed. What's tough for me is I see so many different evaluations. About all FOUR QBs. It's probably why I'll end up with more shares of Harrison than QBs.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm

I would be upset if they traded that much for either of those QB's. Maybe Ok with it if for Daniels.

Would rather they stay put and pick either Nix or Penix at 11 or 23 than give up that much.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm

mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm

I would be upset if they traded that much for either of those QB's. Maybe Ok with it if for Daniels.

Would rather they stay put and pick either Nix or Penix at 11 or 23 than give up that much.
But trading to get the 2nd first is a strange move if not a precursor to move up. I don't think they're satisfied with settling for Nix/Penix.