2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2022 Rookie Battles: B. Hall vs. K. Walker III

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:51 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:33 am Walker is in a real plus/minus situation. He’s a talented high pick going to a run first team. SEA is going to do everything they can to run game clock this year and shorten the games. There are going to be a ton of rushing attempts in that backfield and Walker figures to eat.

The downside is that SEA’s passing attack is so pathetic that they figure to face 8 in the box on a majority downs until they are forced to throw the ball in an effort to play catch up later in games. Those QBs scare absolutely no Ds in the NFL and if they don’t make a move for Mayfield they figure to be in a head to head competition with ATL, CHI and HOU for the worst passing attack in the NFL. It’s going to be some seriously tough sledding to put up even mediocre ypa and the RBs there are in for a beating.
Disagree with the last part, Im not gonna try to tell you that Lock is gonna break out or something. He stinks, thats clear. But he's not so inept that he cant get DK/Lockett the ball.

As long as the WR's are on the team, its gonna force teams to play more honest.

SEA should run the RPO every play with them both running go routes on the outside lol. If they cover the deep ball, let Walker eat all day, else just take shots at your deep threat WR's the whole game
With Lock at QB? RPO? Are you angling for a top 5 pick in 2023?

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:43 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:51 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:33 am Walker is in a real plus/minus situation. He’s a talented high pick going to a run first team. SEA is going to do everything they can to run game clock this year and shorten the games. There are going to be a ton of rushing attempts in that backfield and Walker figures to eat.

The downside is that SEA’s passing attack is so pathetic that they figure to face 8 in the box on a majority downs until they are forced to throw the ball in an effort to play catch up later in games. Those QBs scare absolutely no Ds in the NFL and if they don’t make a move for Mayfield they figure to be in a head to head competition with ATL, CHI and HOU for the worst passing attack in the NFL. It’s going to be some seriously tough sledding to put up even mediocre ypa and the RBs there are in for a beating.
Disagree with the last part, Im not gonna try to tell you that Lock is gonna break out or something. He stinks, thats clear. But he's not so inept that he cant get DK/Lockett the ball.

As long as the WR's are on the team, its gonna force teams to play more honest.

SEA should run the RPO every play with them both running go routes on the outside lol. If they cover the deep ball, let Walker eat all day, else just take shots at your deep threat WR's the whole game
With Lock at QB? RPO? Are you angling for a top 5 pick in 2023?
lol that part was mostly in Jest. RPO's wouldnt really work for deep shots anyway. My main point just being that they have enough weapons on the outside that they can avoid stacked boxes the whole game, regardless if Lock is their QB
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:43 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm Disagree with the last part, Im not gonna try to tell you that Lock is gonna break out or something. He stinks, thats clear. But he's not so inept that he cant get DK/Lockett the ball.
Are you sure you're ready to die on this hill? :lol:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 pm

mild wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:43 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm Disagree with the last part, Im not gonna try to tell you that Lock is gonna break out or something. He stinks, thats clear. But he's not so inept that he cant get DK/Lockett the ball.
If anything Lock>Baker for the WRs

He'll at least throw 50/50 and even 30/70 bombs

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 6:20 pm

More I look into their profiles more I think Walker is closer to Richaad White than to Hall and wonder why this is even a question

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 02, 2022 6:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:20 pm More I look into their profiles more I think Walker is closer to Richaad White than to Hall and wonder why this is even a question
Somewhere in the middle, I'd say. It's the 1 year of production. Saying that, he was easily the best pure runner this year. His advanced metrics (Walker) were off the charts. He's 2 years younger than White, though. White doesn't belong in the conversation with either, IMO. Walker's profile has some blemishes, Breece's doesn't, but White's is worse than both. For me it was always Breece, then Walker, then everybody else.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 pm

:wtf:

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon May 02, 2022 6:36 pm

Walker is the better runner between the two, and I typically lean towards RB that can run. I'm not an expert, but I am comfortable saying Walker is a RB on the JT and Chubb running talent scale.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 6:47 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 pm

For fantasy

Just I’d rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick to support fanrasy WRs than Tua going 13/15 for 80 yards (a stat line Baker Mayfield is very used to)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:47 pm

For fantasy

Just I’d rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick to support fanrasy WRs than Tua going 13/15 for 80 yards (a stat line Baker Mayfield is very used to)
Wow. How did Mayfield squeeze 167 games into his 4 year career so far? Talk about overachievers.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 6:58 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:47 pm

For fantasy

Wow. How did Mayfield squeeze 167 games into his 4 year career so far? Talk about overachievers.
1 good year, 2 horrific years, 1 average year (which tbf was as a rookie and definitely good for a rookie)

He’s definitely in the running for DPOY shutting down OBJ and Landry

Might have been the only guy on the planet who could make them both look like bums

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 02, 2022 7:03 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:36 pm Walker is the better runner between the two, and I typically lean towards RB that can run. I'm not an expert, but I am comfortable saying Walker is a RB on the JT and Chubb running talent scale.
I love Walker, but I don't agree. Look what JT and Chubb did as freshman's. They were are on a higher level than Walker in college, and that's more a compliment to them, than a shot at Walker. This year, Walker was exceptional, but I'd still say he's a tick below those 2 on that scale.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm

I sniff an opportunity to buy here with Walker. He’s definitely behind Breece but there’s a lot of perceived he can’t catch info and people so down on this class I think I would rather pay KWIIIs price than Javonte Williams. Which goes to say young RBs are worth their weight in gold and I wouldn’t be shocked if he takes a massive ADP jump next year.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 18, 2022 5:58 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm I sniff an opportunity to buy here with Walker. He’s definitely behind Breece but there’s a lot of perceived he can’t catch info and people so down on this class I think I would rather pay KWIIIs price than Javonte Williams. Which goes to say young RBs are worth their weight in gold and I wouldn’t be shocked if he takes a massive ADP jump next year.
I think he will too. Pete Carroll, who is notoriously overly optimistic when talking about players, already insinuated our concerns about him playing on passing downs, however. Also heard a stat that in Carroll's entire tenure, the most receptions ever by his leading rusher is 37. Not a very good ceiling, unfortunately in the pass catching game.

To be clear, I don't see people saying he can't catch. People are conflating the idea that many are saying hasn't, and won't catch many passes, with the idea he can't catch a football, and I have seen literally nobody say the latter.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:23 pm

At this point, who cares. They both look awesome. Breece is so smooth, and Walker so sudden. Both these players are well on their way to being top 5 dynasty backs this off season, if they stay healthy, and I hope that they do. Breece may be RB1. There may be an off season argument of which is RB1 and which is RB2 if this keeps up. If you took either of them (or both :dance: ), you have to be really pleased with what you see.

It's like arguing what type of shape you like your gold to be. Walker is catching some passes, though he may never be quite as featured in the passing game, it's enough. Breece still seems to have the higher PPR upside currently, but both look like they are going to be high end young RB's. Both these kids are fun to watch.