So, what's the value of Sproles and what's the future hold?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

So, what's the value of Sproles and what's the future hold?

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:38 pm

He's obviously having a fantastic year thus far and much better than expected. As a 28 year old RB, 29 at the start of next season, what does his future hold? How much value does he have right now? Obviously his value is likely tied to what your team looks like, such as whether or not you are competing this year or in rebuild mode. It also very much depends on whether or not you are in a PPR league of course, but for the sake of this discussion lets assume PPR scoring.

He's likely a sell high candidate right now, as he is aging and Ingram should continue to get an increased share of the touches. But if you're a competing team, maybe he's not worth selling and just worth holding on to and using?

If you were a competing team that needed RB help, how much would you be willing to give up to get him for this year and maybe next? And if you were a rebuilding team and wanted to sell him while he has value, how much would you be wanting to get in return?

I recently saw a post in the team advice section where someone was offered Britt for Sproles. To me, that's ridiculous. As a Sproles owner in 1 leauge, I'd accept that no matter what situation my team was in.

Im curious about what you guys think of him.

Synzz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: So, what's the value of Sproles and what's the future ho

Postby Synzz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm

I was the one with the Sproles for Britt offer. It actually ended up better for me as I got Britt and a first for Sproles and jacquian williams (LB for the giants). He is contending this year and next and those 2 combined are getting 25 points a week in our league (return yards). I know the owner in person and I was offered a trade from a different owner that pushed him to offer more. The other deal I was offered was Sproles and Urlacher for his 1st and johnny knox or justin forsett. I am stacking picks so either would have worked for me.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 pm

jesus that's a lot for sproles. For a contending team, I don't think you'll be able to get much for him, because of his age and how system dependent his production is. I think he's someone you enjoy while you can, and if someone loses their mind and offers alot for him, trade him. I have him as my rb2 in a league i'm contending in( team in sig) and because I'm contending, It would take a considerable overpay for me to trade him mid season.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:23 pm

RobertBobson wrote:jesus that's a lot for sproles. For a contending team, I don't think you'll be able to get much for him, because of his age and how system dependent his production is. I think he's someone you enjoy while you can, and if someone loses their mind and offers alot for him, trade him. I have him as my rb2 in a league i'm contending in( team in sig) and because I'm contending, It would take a considerable overpay for me to trade him mid season.
I agree that if you were a contending team and had him as your RB2, it would take a decent offer to trade him away.

But what about if you were clearly not going to be contending this year and there was a RB needy team or two in your league? How much could you reasonably expect to get in return for him? Or, would you not trade him with the expectation that you'd maybe be contending next year and he'll still put up these sorts of numbers next year?

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 am

Water Buffalo wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:jesus that's a lot for sproles. For a contending team, I don't think you'll be able to get much for him, because of his age and how system dependent his production is. I think he's someone you enjoy while you can, and if someone loses their mind and offers alot for him, trade him. I have him as my rb2 in a league i'm contending in( team in sig) and because I'm contending, It would take a considerable overpay for me to trade him mid season.
I agree that if you were a contending team and had him as your RB2, it would take a decent offer to trade him away.

But what about if you were clearly not going to be contending this year and there was a RB needy team or two in your league? How much could you reasonably expect to get in return for him? Or, would you not trade him with the expectation that you'd maybe be contending next year and he'll still put up these sorts of numbers next year?

i wouldn't expect him to have this kind of production next week tbh, and if I was rebuilding, i'd be trying to unload him. On his own, I can't imagine he'd fetch much more than a second round pick, which would be a good value to a contending team. If you could more than that, I think you had a coup.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Any other opinions on Sproles?

Any of you out there own him on a rebuilding team? What would it take to get him from you?

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 am

I have a rebuilding project and I posted a deal offered to me ...I got JStewart and JSimpson for Sproles and Doucet! I think that's good value
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play