johnathan dwyer

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

johnathan dwyer

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 pm

anyone else glad to see this guy finally getting a shot? mendenhall is so average it pissed me off having him in redman and dwyers way. finally we get to have a nice real long look at both guys.

I know the steelers played with the lead the whole time but still he busted some nice runs, I think if given the shot he can be a real cow bell in the NFL
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: johnathan dwyer

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:39 pm

I had dropped him at the start of the season. But, with his showing today I picked him back up right away. I'm crossing my fingers that he can get his act together.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:46 pm

I wouldn't get too excited although it was nice to see him finally get some meaningful playing time. Dwyer did show a nice burst on his 76 yard run but the hole was so big that most NFL RB's would have done the same. Other than that run he managed about 3 yards per carry...

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I wouldn't get too excited although it was nice to see him finally get some meaningful playing time. Dwyer did show a nice burst on his 76 yard run but the hole was so big that most NFL RB's would have done the same. Other than that run he managed about 3 yards per carry...
you can do that to most NFL rb's each week, take away there top 2 runs and there stat line looks like bleep.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I wouldn't get too excited although it was nice to see him finally get some meaningful playing time. Dwyer did show a nice burst on his 76 yard run but the hole was so big that most NFL RB's would have done the same. Other than that run he managed about 3 yards per carry...
Wow...next thing you're gonna tell me there is no Easter bunny. What a Debbie Downer! :lol:

All seriousness, I saw that long run on a station break but then when I checked back in I saw the YPC. Nice to see him have some success but I wouldn't get too excited. Redman is still way ahead on the depth chart, IMO.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:40 pm

highballers wrote:
Wow...next thing you're gonna tell me there is no Easter bunny. What a Debbie Downer! :lol:

All seriousness, I saw that long run on a station break but then when I checked back in I saw the YPC. Nice to see him have some success but I wouldn't get too excited. Redman is still way ahead on the depth chart, IMO.
Yes, but I think Dwyer has more talent as a pure runner though. At least he did coming out of college. He seems to flash now and then, but time will tell whether he's able to put it together in the NFL.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Mendy is only averaging 3 ypc this season behind the same line. I was a fan of Dwyer coming out and still want to see him have success at this level. I'd like to pull up the film on him from today and see just how good he looked.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm not buying any part of the Steelers run game no matter who it is. Their O-line is still terrible, and they are still a pass first offense.

If hes a FA and you have a free roster slot go for it I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

skip wrote:
Mendy is only averaging 3 ypc this season behind the same line. I was a fan of Dwyer coming out and still want to see him have success at this level. I'd like to pull up the film on him from today and see just how good he looked.
I watched every snap and other than Dwyer's big run he looked a lot like Mendy IMO, dancing and not hitting the hole like Redman does. Like I said before I'm glad he finally played some meaningful snaps but I would caution anyone that's getting too excited about his stat line... :think:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:49 am

Steelersfan wrote:
skip wrote:
I watched every snap and other than Dwyer's big run he looked a lot like Mendy IMO, dancing and not hitting the hole like Redman does. Like I said before I'm glad he finally played some meaningful snaps but I would caution anyone that's getting too excited about his stat line... :think:
I immediatly emailed my crazy steelers fan after the game, i've been dangling that carrot infront of him for almost 2 years now
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021