The extremely talented and always underrated Amari Cooper Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
terryb24
Role Player
Role Player

The extremely talented and always underrated Amari Cooper Thread

Postby terryb24 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Why does Amari Cooper not get considered as 1.01 by anyone? Everyone talks about how RBs are easily replaceable and teams shouldn't be built around them yet Gordon and Gurley are consensus top 2 picks. I'm not criticizing but just wondering why. I know they are both exceptional talents but Richardson, Ingram, Martin, etc. were too. Cooper has gotten comparisons to Sammy Watkins and he was 1.01 last year.
14 team league: TD ONLY: TD- 7 points, FGs- 3 Points and XP- 1 Point
QB- Carson Wentz, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Teddy Bridgewater
RB- Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, Jonathan Stewart, Matt Forte
WR- Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Sterling Shepard, John Brown, Mike Wallace
TE- Coby Fleener
K- Dustin Hopkins, Matt Prater
2017- 3rd overall, 4th overall, 8th overall, 9th overall, 10th overall, 12th overall, 13th overall, 17th overall, 21st overall, 25th overall, and 31st overall.
2018- 3 firsts, 3 seconds, 1 third.
2019- 2 firsts.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Why does Cooper get no love?

Postby guyatwork37 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:03 pm

People are. He's a stud. I think you hear more about the RBs just due to the scarcity of quality at the position.

marmar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby marmar » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:27 pm

I like Cooper a lot and IF he goes to a good spot I have no issue taking him at 1.1 or 1.2 over the two RB.
Luck, Eli
L Bell, J Hill, Gio, L Murray, L Blount, T Riddick
A Johnson, J Edleman, J Matthews, M Floyd az, C Patterson, J Hunter, C Johnson, S Bailey, A Holmes, A Wilson
Gronk, Allen
M Bryant
Stl, NEP

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Cooper is the safest guy for sure.

But wr right now is so so deep. There is like 12 guys I consider elite wr1s.

I am not sure he sticks out like last years guys did. He is good but he is just a "guy" in last years group that would be In the second tier of the elite Wrs from 14
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

princey98
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby princey98 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:11 pm

The market is flooded with young, elite WRs (AJG, Julio, Dez, etc.) Plus this year's entire WR class has a chance to break into that elite category. On the other hand, most of the top scoring RBs are liable to fall off a cliff at any time now (Foster, Lynch, Charles, Forte, even Murray) If you can find me a RB that has a chance to be a stud for 5-7 years, I would take him over a similar WR, just because of the difference in depth at the positions. That's why Doug Martin and TRich were such hot picks a few years ago, and why Montee Ball and gio Bernard were so overvalued this preseason. A young RB who also scores elite fantasy numbers is just so hard to find nowadays that people are, understandably, going to do whatever they can to possibly get their hands on one.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:01 pm

I know the guy with the 1.1 is leaning cooper at this point. I would be too, and will happily take him if he falls to 1.3.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:41 am

I'm sitting with two 1.01s...

It totally depends on where guys land for me. Cooper will lose a lot of value in NY (on a bad team with other talented guys), but gain some in Oak (on a bad time without any other skill position talent).

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartyOn » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:30 am

One owner in my league has the 1.01 & 1.02 and made it known he is taking Gordon and Gurley. A lot of guys are after the 1.03 because they want Cooper.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:24 pm

So he actually ran a 4.35-4.38. Probably doesn't change much for people but with speed, routes, and hands like that, might give him the edge over another guy you were considering.

I'm wondering who elses 40 time was reported wrong. Does anyone remember who looked faster or slower when they synced up the video of the people running the 40s?

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:40 pm

I love cooper. If I had the 1.1 I'd take him in a heart beat if I couldn't work out a trade
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Gurley is a beast of a RB. Probably the best prospect since Peterson came out. If he was in last years draft I easily would have grabbed at the 1.01 spot. Cooper is a super prospect but Gurley is a true difference maker.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Hottoddies wrote:Gurley is a beast of a RB. Probably the best prospect since Peterson came out. If he was in last years draft I easily would have grabbed at the 1.01 spot. Cooper is a super prospect but Gurley is a true difference maker.
I think when people are actually on the clock in rookie drafts that a ton of people will be scared to draft Gurley because of the injuries. Not saying it's right or wrong but I don't believe he'll be the overwhelming 1.01 (unless he goes to a great situation of course).

Amazing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Amazing » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:13 pm

I have the 1.1 and 1.2. If the draft were today I'd take Gurley and Cooper and be very happy :D

Lenny16
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lenny16 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:27 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:
Hottoddies wrote:Gurley is a beast of a RB. Probably the best prospect since Peterson came out. If he was in last years draft I easily would have grabbed at the 1.01 spot. Cooper is a super prospect but Gurley is a true difference maker.
I think when people are actually on the clock in rookie drafts that a ton of people will be scared to draft Gurley because of the injuries. Not saying it's right or wrong but I don't believe he'll be the overwhelming 1.01 (unless he goes to a great situation of course).
I agree. When push comes to shove Gurley will not be taken 1.1 in as many drafts as currently projected because of cold feet. I'm sitting at the 1.4, think I can use scare tactics on 3 guys in front of me? Na me neither

Amazing
Role Player
Role Player

Amari Cooper 40 Time Update

Postby Amazing » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:34 pm

(Rotoworld)Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports NFL teams have been informed Alabama WR Amari Cooper ran a forty time in the range of 4.35 to 4.38 at last month's NFL Scouting Combine.
Analysis: Robinson reports video review of Cooper and West Virginia WR Kevin White's forty-yard dashes revealed a "dead heat." White's time is more impressive because he is taller and heavier, but the report confirms Cooper is a legitimate sub-4.4 speed burner. Cooper's "official" forty time was reported at 4.42.