Thoughts on Steve Smith of the Eagles

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Thoughts on Steve Smith of the Eagles

Postby andrewfroboy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 am

Anyone have any thoughts on Steve Smith of the Eagles, seems like bad news he can't beat out Avant, does anyone think he can break out again (maybe next year)?
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Thoughts on Steve Smith of the Eagles

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Hopefully he signs a mega-deal this off-season with a team that will really use him. OR, Philly lets DeSean walk and gives him a long-term deal. I suspect he'll sign elsewhere next off-season and be a solid starting #2 WR.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:12 pm

In an open competition he beats out Avant. I'm starting to think the Eagles signed him just to take him away from the Giants, since the Eagles have a dream team and are Superbowl bound, and stuff.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Should be good next year, nice buy low.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 am

ekassor wrote:In an open competition he beats out Avant. I'm starting to think the Eagles signed him just to take him away from the Giants, since the Eagles have a dream team and are Superbowl bound, and stuff.
Yep. Smith's current one-year deal means - keep you from the Giants and see if you get fully healthy and also insure against holdout (Jackson) or injury (Jackson/Maclin/Avant). He's better than Avant, but I can't see the Eagles shelling out big for him next year unless they lose Jackson - something I just can't see happening - but it does give the Eagles some leverage.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars