Javonte Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Javonte Williams Thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:41 am

Still plenty of time for a turnaround. But, it seems pretty consistent (outside of a few anomalies) that you just shouldn't buy RBs for production the year after a major injury.

Especially if it's a multi-ligament tear.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:03 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:21 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:51 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:35 am The way I view this is that 1.03 ~ Waddle, then I give up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick for Javonte Williams.
I'll go on record as saying this is not a bad offer. Probably not accepted, but worth a shot.

I think once rookie fever comes around and knowing this is SF, 1.03 in 2023 is going to be more valuable than Waddle as its likely Stroud/Young.

The 2.03, 3, 4 is also pretty fair for a RB who likely won't be 100% until 2024. I wouldn't pay much more than that tbh. He was good last year in a committe but never really deserved to be a top 5 dynasty RB.

He's currently RB8 on KTC and should continue to fall, fall, fall. Dobbins was in a similar position and fell to RB22.
I don’t understand how 2.03 plus scraps is good for Javonte. This a guy that was ranked higher than Saquon and Dobbins when they were injured, and now they’ve climbed and Javonte is falling. Saquon alone is back to being worth multiple firsts. Dobbins is not being sold anywhere for 2.03 plus scraps.
I’d sell Dobbins for that in a heartbeat. I offered a guy Dobbins + 4th for a 3rd and he turned me down.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:32 am

I don’t see the hope for him any more. Those that are still clinging to RB3 overall values won’t see that value again. I never saw a trade that went down that supported that valuation. I know I owned him during that period and tried to sell, but there were no buyers.

The hopium was that he would take over the backfield last year by himself with Gordon moving on. That did not happen. He has never been solely THE guy. Not in college. Not in the NFL.

Payton seems to want to involve McLaughlin who has showed far more than Javonte has. This roster is bad and there should be lots of changes this off season.

I just don’t think there is the difference maker here that we hoped for. I include myself in that as an original drafter of him.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:35 am

After his rookie year, I was really bummed I took Devonta over him. Now I am really thankful!

Broncos are in a rough spot and this regime didn't draft him. I'll be interested to see how they value him the rest of the year and into next year. The talent was there and he could be a good buy low as Jaleel gets more touches.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:00 am

Lumps wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:32 am The hopium was that he would take over the backfield last year by himself with Gordon moving on. That did not happen. He has never been solely THE guy. Not in college. Not in the NFL.
To be fair, it didn't happen because he tore his ACL. It's not like he was given the reigns and just didn't perform. Your statement seems to imply that he failed because he just wasn't good enough.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:08 am

It's Dobbins all over again, but he had less burst to begin with. I'm not holding out hope.

McLaughlin time baby

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:34 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:00 am
Lumps wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:32 am The hopium was that he would take over the backfield last year by himself with Gordon moving on. That did not happen. He has never been solely THE guy. Not in college. Not in the NFL.
To be fair, it didn't happen because he tore his ACL. It's not like he was given the reigns and just didn't perform. Your statement seems to imply that he failed because he just wasn't good enough.
I don’t recall what week he went down. He was on my squad until he got hurt. He was not THE guy to open the year either up until he got hurt. Maybe that wasn’t enough time, maybe it was. But the point still stands that he has never been given Saquon/CMC levels of workload.

EWV1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby EWV1 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:36 am

In re-draft (or even dynasty) - would you trade him for Rashee Rice?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:00 am

I actually think he will have a good 2nd 1/2 of the season.

No idea why just expect it! Their defense has to pick it up so they can stay in games some to make the running game matter.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:56 am

Ice wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:00 am I actually think he will have a good 2nd 1/2 of the season.

No idea why just expect it! Their defense has to pick it up so they can stay in games some to make the running game matter.
Except they shipped Randy Gregory to the 49er's last week, and restructured Frank Clark's contract yesterday in advance of a trade/release. The house cleaning has begun, and the team is likely to get worse before it gets better. At least on the defensive side of the ball.

I had hopes for Javonte as well, thought he could be a very solid RB, and I suppose he still could be. Just isn't looking great for him right now. Fingers crossed though!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:03 pm

I’ve gotta start him tonight. Down Saquon and Conner

Broncos country…
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:03 pm I’ve gotta start him tonight. Down Saquon and Conner

Broncos country…
I'm with you Mike, though we can compare notes (probably commiserate) later on tonight.

My options: Javonte or McLaughlin.

Or bench both, and start Demercado. But if I do, and Tee Higgins/Zay Jones/Dalton Kincaid don't play due to injury I've got no flex due to other injuries and BYES. Unless I'm feeling good about Jeff Wilson coming off the IR and rolling the dice on whatever role he'll have this weekend.

Decided I'm going with McLaughlin. We'll see what happens. Good luck! (I really hate TNF).
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:34 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:03 pm I’ve gotta start him tonight. Down Saquon and Conner

Broncos country…
I'm with you Mike, though we can compare notes (probably commiserate) later on tonight.

Or bench both, and start Demercado. But if I do, and Tee Higgins/Zay Jones/Dalton Kincaid don't play due to injury I've got no flex due to other injuries and BYES. Unless I'm feeling good about Jeff Wilson coming off the IR and rolling the dice on whatever role he'll have this weekend.

Decided I'm going with McLaughlin. We'll see what happens. Good luck! (I really hate TNF).
I think Jaleel would be my pick too. Take the healthier (and probably better because of it) of the two, and figure the rest out come Sunday. In my case, my only other option @ RB2 would be Justice Hill. So I’ll roll with JW and hope for 10 points lol

Let’s ride!

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 pm

Broncos country…

Well Mike, at least in my league settings, looks like you're the big winner!

Javonte with 7.00 and McLaughlin with 5.7

I could just as easily waited for Sunday, played neither Denver RB, and if I'd have got nothing from my other potential options (health pending) it really wouldn't have been much of a loss.

Again, I hate TNF. The only players you could feel good about having started in this one were Kielce and Butker. Other than that... :thumbdown:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:27 pm

Certain players can’t afford major injuries due to their athleticism and playstyle. Javonte was one of those players.