Javonte Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Javonte Williams is your new dynasty RB2!!!!!!

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:47 am

No chance he's a top 2 Dynasty back for me. How is Swift not on this poll?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am

What I'm gathering from this is if I cant get JT the tier is big and vague after him. So take the cheapest option(s)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:11 pm

Despite being one of Williams’ biggest advocates before the season started, I think anyone who believes Williams is the FF RB2 right now probably needs to take a step back from the bong.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:27 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:59 am
Fair enough, although I think his body of work stands for itself. :!:

Hopefully, he gets another game or two of volume to prove his worth himself to the doubting Thomases.
One game is not a body of work
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:39 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:24 am What says Gordon doesn't sign a friendly deal and stays in Denver? I don't see much of a market for him outside of Denver. He's honestly looked serviceable this year and could be a thorn in Williams side.
Gordon has looked good at times. He actually looks quicker and more agile than I've seen him for a few years.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:52 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:11 am Still have Najee and Swift ahead of him pretty easily.

How do we know Ronald Jones won't waltz in the door next season? Or some old head like Devonta Freeman or Latavius?

And to be honest Im not ready to crown him yet. He's more in Antonio Gibson's tier for me.

But if someone wants to pay JT prices and give me 3 firsts for Javonte right now I'm taking that all day.
(1) I'm not worried about someone like RoJo, Devonta or Latavius. Even JT has Hines (who is more talented than any of those guys).
(2) JT is worth more than 3 random firsts.

hoos89 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:49 am I would personally not trade Javonte for Najee straight up right now. Najee is an inefficient volume play. 1 game over 5.0 YPC and 2nd best is 4.1.
Also forgot to mention that Najee is a bit more than 2 years older than Javonte.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:47 pm

Javonte owner here who traded up to get him. I always saw the rookie RB this year as very close and was willing to take the cheapest of the 3. I'll admit Najee was the best of the bunch due to situation, but I was never going to afford him. Would probably still prefer Najee but it's even closer now.

So here we are with Javonte starting and I've been flexing him already most weeks. Was not expecting much from him this year with Gordon, but it really hasn't slowed him down a ton. Don't know if he's meant to be a bellcow really, but he's very versatile and should stick around for a while.

Age makes me consider putting him as an RB1, but it's still too early for me. The overall RB2 is way too high. Give me JT, Najee, Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Barkley, CMC and Cook still. So RB9 at best, probably RB16 at worst

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:47 pm Javonte owner here who traded up to get him. I always saw the rookie RB this year as very close and was willing to take the cheapest of the 3. I'll admit Najee was the best of the bunch due to situation, but I was never going to afford him. Would probably still prefer Najee but it's even closer now.

So here we are with Javonte starting and I've been flexing him already most weeks. Was not expecting much from him this year with Gordon, but it really hasn't slowed him down a ton. Don't know if he's meant to be a bellcow really, but he's very versatile and should stick around for a while.

Age makes me consider putting him as an RB1, but it's still too early for me. The overall RB2 is way too high. Give me JT, Najee, Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Barkley, CMC and Cook still. So RB9 at best, probably RB16 at worst
I think he is similar to A. Gibson in how he is / was valued. Agree he isn't the 2nd best RB by any stretch but one has to be really excited about his upside. Gordon has kept him at bay but figure by next year that won't be a problem.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:00 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am What I'm gathering from this is if I cant get JT the tier is big and vague after him. So take the cheapest option(s)
Agree with this. JT is #1 because his profile is elite, plus his age and production warrants it. I'm a big Javonte fan, most well-rounded RB in this draft class easily. However, he doesn't have that elite athleticism as most top-tier guys do. So I'm out if i have to pay RB2 overall prices. What I always say about these players is, healthy they are fine but what happens if they get an injury and lose *some* athleticism. Suddenly they may not look so hot. Whereas uber athletic guys can afford to lose some and still be fine. All that said, if he's someones RB2 I can't fault it either, because literally every RB after JT has some sort of question marks. I honestly couldn't say who my RB2 would be. Feel like I'd have to go Saquon, hope he bounces back after a long off-season to recover and get back to 100%.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:00 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am What I'm gathering from this is if I cant get JT the tier is big and vague after him. So take the cheapest option(s)
Agree with this. JT is #1 because his profile is elite, plus his age and production warrants it. I'm a big Javonte fan, most well-rounded RB in this draft class easily. However, he doesn't have that elite athleticism as most top-tier guys do. So I'm out if i have to pay RB2 overall prices. What I always say about these players is, healthy they are fine but what happens if they get an injury and lose *some* athleticism. Suddenly they may not look so hot. Whereas uber athletic guys can afford to lose some and still be fine. All that said, if he's someones RB2 I can't fault it either, because literally every RB after JT has some sort of question marks. I honestly couldn't say who my RB2 would be. Feel like I'd have to go Saquon, hope he bounces back after a long off-season to recover and get back to 100%.
yeah in theory if I can get say Saquan, a first and another piece for Javonte.... Im taking that and running.
ADP has Saquan RB11 so assuming RB2 on Javonte thats an expected return on that gap

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:57 am

I love Javonte even coming out of UNC he was on my radar early, but this is making me think I need to shop him in my league to someone who would give me CMC or Saquon+ for him. Ironically I wanted CMC and that owner told me a starting point in 2 QB was Javonte and Rodgers + for CMC, post injury lmao
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:52 am

In the conversation but not pulled away from the pack yet off of one game. But it is those that are good at projecting that stay ahead of the pack so I like your synopsis. Gordon is fading into the sunset so it is Javonte’s to take & run away with . Mike Boone is a front office favorite and also looked good but purely a backup until JW falters or gets hurt. Won’t be a 1a/1b split .

Fangio could be gone so whomever takes over might be less ground & pound and play to your defense w/ all they have invested @ WR & TE so it might be imperative for JW to accelerate his passing game chops(mainly pass protection) to be the true 3 down guy.

KC was conceding the dump off so that game wasn’t proof of his passing game abilities. Chiefs didn’t even blitz to force him to block. Dropped into coverage and gave Williams a bunch of glorified handoff receptions. It wasn’t like Swift , Kamara or CMC running routes downfield. Not to say he can’t develop into that guy but even in college M. Carter was that guy on the same team .

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:15 am

Mike11 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:57 am I love Javonte even coming out of UNC he was on my radar early, but this is making me think I need to shop him in my league to someone who would give me CMC or Saquon+ for him. Ironically I wanted CMC and that owner told me a starting point in 2 QB was Javonte and Rodgers + for CMC, post injury lmao
I think it would be reasonable at this point to ask for Saquon+ or CMC+ for Javonte, but I also suspect that most Saquon/CMC managers would expect to receive Javonte+ and are holding onto prior valuations (or hoping for their guys to bounce back).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Last year I took CEH over Taylor
This year I took ETN over Javonte

In 2022, I'll post my RB draft crossroads so ya'll can short-sell my choice and prosper by going the other direction

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:37 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:18 pm Last year I took CEH over Taylor
This year I took ETN over Javonte

In 2022, I'll post my RB draft crossroads so ya'll can short-sell my choice and prosper by going the other direction
Next year we could see these 2021 rbs jumble. I wouldn’t be surprised by any order after next year.