The Dalvin Cook Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

The Dalvin Cook Discussion Thread

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Dear Future Me,

Dalvin Cook will be drafted in the first round into a great situation. He will likely have unreal combine numbers.

Don't draft him. He fumbles.

--

I simply ask that someone resurrect this when I fall into the Cook trap that I inevitably will.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Dalvin Cook

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Our future selves can grab a beer together and commiserate.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Dookmariot wrote:Our future selves can grab a beer together and commiserate.
Look forward to it. I've been getting into sours which feels appropriate.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:06 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:2016 Regular Season Predictions, Made September 6th
- CJA is a RB1
- Josh Gordon posts at 60/1000/4 line
- Both Cleveland and Jacksonville are .500 or better
- Keenan Allen breaks the single season reception record
- Blaine Gabbert is a QB1
- Melvin Gordon is a RB1
Future you isn't very good at predictions so maybe you should draft him after all.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Cook will be a stud at the next level.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:21 pm

thebeast wrote:
JoshGordonsDealer wrote:2016 Regular Season Predictions, Made September 6th
- CJA is a RB1
- Josh Gordon posts at 60/1000/4 line
- Both Cleveland and Jacksonville are .500 or better
- Keenan Allen breaks the single season reception record
- Blaine Gabbert is a QB1
- Melvin Gordon is a RB1
Future you isn't very good at predictions so maybe you should draft him after all.
Mmm. Nobody is ready for Keenan to make a surprise comeback week 16 with 190 receptions.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:35 pm

thebeast wrote:Future you isn't very good at predictions so maybe you should draft him after all.
X2, at least you do display them proudly.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:42 pm

StoneyBrown wrote:
thebeast wrote:Future you isn't very good at predictions so maybe you should draft him after all.
I help myself sleep at night by knowing that the Keenan injury affects two predictions and the Josh Gordon thing was unrelated to football.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Fumbling issues can be corrected, as we've seen time and time again.

Cook has the size, speed, and vision to be a legit RB in the league. he can play all 3 downs and will likely go to a team who intends to use him. If you've got the 1.01 you are most likely taking Fournette, but Cook will be in consideration somewhere between 1.02 -1.04.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:07 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:
StoneyBrown wrote:
I help myself sleep at night by knowing that the Keenan injury affects two predictions and the Josh Gordon thing was unrelated to football.
Don't worry, I agree with StoneyBrown, kudos for putting it out there. Any predictions I would make in September would be far less accurate, although I could have told you the Giants would continue to be major c-ck teases.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:34 pm

KCLep20 wrote:Fumbling issues can be corrected, as we've seen time and time again.

Cook has the size, speed, and vision to be a legit RB in the league. he can play all 3 downs and will likely go to a team who intends to use him. If you've got the 1.01 you are most likely taking Fournette, but Cook will be in consideration somewhere between 1.02 -1.04.
Am I wrong for kinda liking Cook more than Fournette?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:02 pm

^^^ No. I have him as my overall number two next year. I hate player comparisons, usually, but I really think he will be similar to how Charles was. Wih the exception it will not take the league by storm, in a sense. I think wih full ppr Cook over Fournette is not that crazy, though LF has shown he can catch the ball too. Big play backs who can catch the ball really work in today's game and for fantasy purposes, but I still think LF could be a transcendent talent like AD was. Tough to pass that up. Though I could see situation being THE factor. Zeke was prob number one regardless, but if somebody had gone to the Boys next year, he might be number one. Let's say LF goes to Cleveland and Cook goes to Indy or Nawlins, then I might go Cook. Though Brees being older may not make situation as big a deal.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Friction wrote:^^^ No. I have him as my overall number two next year. I hate player comparisons, usually, but I really think he will be similar to how Charles was. Wih the exception it will not take the league by storm, in a sense. I think wih full ppr Cook over Fournette is not that crazy, though LF has shown he can catch the ball too. Big play backs who can catch the ball really work in today's game and for fantasy purposes, but I still think LF could be a transcendent talent like AD was. Tough to pass that up. Though I could see situation being THE factor. Zeke was prob number one regardless, but if somebody had gone to the Boys next year, he might be number one. Let's say LF goes to Cleveland and Cook goes to Indy or Nawlins, then I might go Cook. Though Brees being older may not make situation as big a deal.
Wasn't Gordon compared to Charles?
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

timmahawk
Starter
Starter

Postby timmahawk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:40 pm

I've got Cook in the only full PPR league I'm in, love him and am not too worried about the fumble issues yet.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 am

broncohead wrote:
Friction wrote:^^^ No. I have him as my overall number two next year. I hate player comparisons, usually, but I really think he will be similar to how Charles was. Wih the exception it will not take the league by storm, in a sense. I think wih full ppr Cook over Fournette is not that crazy, though LF has shown he can catch the ball too. Big play backs who can catch the ball really work in today's game and for fantasy purposes, but I still think LF could be a transcendent talent like AD was. Tough to pass that up. Though I could see situation being THE factor. Zeke was prob number one regardless, but if somebody had gone to the Boys next year, he might be number one. Let's say LF goes to Cleveland and Cook goes to Indy or Nawlins, then I might go Cook. Though Brees being older may not make situation as big a deal.
Wasn't Gordon compared to Charles?
he sure was, A LOT and almost EVERYWHERE.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely