Re: Dalvin Cook holding out

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am

He can still choose not to suit up for games.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 am

He could, but as I read the rules if he didn't 'fulfill his contract for a material period of time' (ie, not playing games or faking an injury that the team can't confirm) then the team could take him to arbitration, and if the arbitrator rules against him it would mean he wouldn't accrue a season towards becoming a UFA. I find it highly unlikely that he would risk that.

Quote and article from NFL.com below:
"The new collective bargaining agreement makes it virtually prohibitive for a player in Cook's position to actually carry out a holdout," Pelissero explained Tuesday on NFL NOW. "If Dalvin Cook does not report on the mandatory reporting date next month with his teammates, or at any point thereafter does not fulfill his contract for any material period of time, he would not accrue the fourth season he needs to become an unrestricted free agent next March. Instead, Cook would be a restricted free agent, meaning the Vikings could retain him with a first-round restricted tender worth between $4 [million] and $5 million instead of having to apply a franchise tag that would be worth roughly double that."

Full article here:
https://www.nfl.com/news/dalvin-cook-ho ... ive-for-rb
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 pm

I think this is being made more complicated than it is. If cook shows up to camp and plays at least 8 games, the '20 season counts and he's a FA next season.

If he doesn't do everything up above, the '20 season wont count against his contract and the Vikings will still have his rights.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:03 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 pm I think this is being made more complicated than it is. If cook shows up to camp and plays at least 8 games, the '20 season counts and he's a FA next season.

If he doesn't do everything up above, the '20 season wont count against his contract and the Vikings will still have his rights.
I don’t think its that simple. The maximum leverage move would be to play the first eight games and then sit. Literally every guy that does this sits out the first games and then plays the rest of the season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:03 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 pm I think this is being made more complicated than it is. If cook shows up to camp and plays at least 8 games, the '20 season counts and he's a FA next season.

I don’t think its that simple. The maximum leverage move would be to play the first eight games and then sit. Literally every guy that does this sits out the first games and then plays the rest of the season.
I'd agree that, that would give him more leverage, but why does that make it complicated? hell he could take a BYE week every other week. As long as he plays 8 games he's good.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:27 am

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 am
ericanadian wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:03 pm

I'd agree that, that would give him more leverage, but why does that make it complicated? hell he could take a BYE week every other week. As long as he plays 8 games he's good.
Except it will piss off his team, teammates and people around the league and then no one will want to sign him close to the kind of money he wants. People understand it's a business and don't get critical of a guy holding out for a new deal, but you are either there or you're not, you don't show up and then leave or come back and forth. Doing either of these things would go extremely against football culture and would backfire on him bigtime.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:15 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero ... 70688?s=20

Dalvin breaking off extension talks and will play out the last year of his deal. Risky given his history, he'll probably either be allowed to walk if he gets hurt again and probably have a diminished market, or if he plays well they'll franchise him. Tough being an RB these days unless you are truly elite, and Dalvin is a little outside that tier.

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 am

I've heard on a couple podcasts that the new CBA is such that the player has a lot more leverage after camp once the season starts. Is it possible that Cook is "holding in" like Melvin Ingram was but just not advertising it that way as much? Is he going to surprise his team by sitting out after camp?
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:50 am

sct wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 am I've heard on a couple podcasts that the new CBA is such that the player has a lot more leverage after camp once the season starts. Is it possible that Cook is "holding in" like Melvin Ingram was but just not advertising it that way as much? Is he going to surprise his team by sitting out after camp?
I’ve heard whispers of this as well but haven’t take the he time to educate myself of the holdout policy. I have pick #6 in my only redraft tonight and I might be scared off of him.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:04 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:50 am
sct wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 am I've heard on a couple podcasts that the new CBA is such that the player has a lot more leverage after camp once the season starts. Is it possible that Cook is "holding in" like Melvin Ingram was but just not advertising it that way as much? Is he going to surprise his team by sitting out after camp?
I’ve heard whispers of this as well but haven’t take the he time to educate myself of the holdout policy. I have pick #6 in my only redraft tonight and I might be scared off of him.
I think the "hold-in" option will be used much more, especially when you can get results like Ingram did. It'll be interesting to see how teammates respond. Do they shrug off questions because it's another man's money or do they do what the Steelers did a few years ago when Bell unexpectedly started his year long holdout?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:34 pm

It would be a poor negotiation tactic on his part to deceive his team, the one he's trying to get paid from. Ingram was up front about it. Cook is practicing and said he's focused on playing. If he does this, I don't think it would work out well for him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 am

Can't imagine the Ngakoue trade is good for Dalvin's future in Minnesota.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 am Can't imagine the Ngakoue trade is good for Dalvin's future in Minnesota.
Yeah. Cook wants 10ish mil a year. Vikings had 12 mil of cap space and reportedly wanting to pay Cook under 10.

Vikings sign Ngakoue, who takes a pay cut to get under that 12 mil cap, with the promise they’ll extend him if he takes the cut off his franchise tag for this year. Don’t think you pay a 2nd for just a 1 year player.

Buy Mattison everywhere
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:57 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 am Can't imagine the Ngakoue trade is good for Dalvin's future in Minnesota.
Yeah. Cook wants 10ish mil a year. Vikings had 12 mil of cap space and reportedly wanting to pay Cook under 10.

Vikings sign Ngakoue, who takes a pay cut to get under that 12 mil cap, with the promise they’ll extend him if he takes the cut off his franchise tag for this year. Don’t think you pay a 2nd for just a 1 year player.

Buy Mattison everywhere
Currently trying to sell Bell for Mattison and a 2nd.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young