AJB vs. Waddle

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JasonM31
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

AJB vs. Waddle

Postby JasonM31 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:41 am

For team 2 in my sig, I was recently asked about Waddle. The inquiring manager stated he’s open to moving AJB in a deal, but I know he wants me to add to Waddle and I think that’s fair. I have AJB above Waddle, but I don’t think there’s a HUGE difference between them. He said he’s also interested in Pat Freiermuth. I currently own the 1.08, 2.03, 2.06, 2.08, 2.09, and 2.10. What would you add to Waddle to land AJB?
10 Team .5 PPR SF 2TE Premium (1 PPR)

QB: Dak, Richardson, Lance, Levis, Mac, Heinicke, Rush, Minshew, Bagent
RB: Gibbs, James Cook, Charbonnet, Allgeier, Jeff Wilson, Fournette, Damien Harris, Michael Carter, Dowdle, Craig Reynolds, Ty Chandler
WR: Lamb, London, Jeudy, Dotson, Hollywood, Johnston, Rondale, Palmer, Shakir, OBJ, Danny Gray
TE: Dulcich, Chig, Gesicki, Likely, Ferguson, Mayer, Schoonmaker, Moreau, Albert O., Ruckert, Quitoriano

12 Team 1 PPR SF

QB: Richardson, Lance, Love, Corral, Darnold, Lock, Trask, Levis
RB: James Cook, Brian Robinson, Kendre, Deuce, Spiller, Edwards, Penny, McKinnon
WR: Garrett Wilson, DeVonta, Hollywood, Aiyuk, Kirk, Dotson, Hardman, Zay Jones, Tyler Scott
TE: LaPorta, Dulcich, Gesicki, Harrison Bryant, Okonkwo, Tremble, Ruckert, Strange

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: AJB vs. Waddle

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:49 am

In a full ppr I think the difference between waddle and ajb is razor thin. I think the 2.3 (and maybe the 2.10 if you're huge on AJB) is the most I'd add, and I wouldn't call anyone crazy for having waddle over brown in a full ppr. And fwiw I think Friermuth could be a beast, and in one league I also have Gesicki and Friermuth. Not a huge confidence in Gesicki for me so I might consider holding Fri.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:17 am

Waddle is younger and probably better for FF. I love AJB, but he's become over rated. Constantly banged up, and doesn't produce enough consistently. Waddle was an auto start, Brown is boom or bust.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:02 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:17 am Waddle is younger and probably better for FF. I love AJB, but he's become over rated. Constantly banged up, and doesn't produce enough consistently. Waddle was an auto start, Brown is boom or bust.
I hate having to agree with this, but I do. Tenn does not feed him the ball and he is banged up a lot
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:38 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:02 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:17 am Waddle is younger and probably better for FF. I love AJB, but he's become over rated. Constantly banged up, and doesn't produce enough consistently. Waddle was an auto start, Brown is boom or bust.
I hate having to agree with this, but I do. Tenn does not feed him the ball and he is banged up a lot
AJB was my 1.01 in his draft class. I loved him coming out of Ole Miss. Still love his game, but for Dynasty, he scares me. What I said above, plus double meniscus surgery on the knees, and getting old man days off every week this early in his career is concerning. That, and the suicide stuff he talked about (I really empathize, and hope he gets the help he needs long term, this stuff is no joke), coupled with seeing Ridley take time off for mental health reasons, is just another added risk long term. Hope it never comes to any of that. He seems to be in a good place right now, but as someone who has mental health issues in their family, I know things can get derailed, just when you think things are going well. I actually really commend him for talking about it, because I think when people see a star football player be able to talk about it, it helps lift the stigma's surrounding it. Will only give more people confidence to talk about their own issues, when people like AJB, Calvin (Carey Price etc) are willing to put themselves out there. Please forgive my ramble, just felt I had to clarify attaching a dynasty application, as it seems so cold, just wanted to further explain my feelings on the issue.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:21 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:02 am
This is 100% true. Love the talent but the production and situation does not warrant the ranking. Jarvis Landry put up similar numbers through much of his career but he was a throw away to most.

2019 16G 52-1051-8
Avg. 3.25- 65.68- .61

2020 14G 70-1075-11
Avg. 5- 76.78- .78

2021 13G 63-869-5
Avg. 4.84- 66.84- .38

I'd rather have Waddle with the additional asset, whatever that may be.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:40 am

If you prefer Brown, I would not add anything to Waddle still. Waddle also looks like a great asset and any type of add outside of a small or meaningless one in this deal seems unnecessary and a tall ask from the other manager. I would be happy holding Waddle.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:15 am

I wouldn’t add much to waddle other than a later 2nd or a throw in player . I have Waddle and AJB almost identical in my rankings
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.