Kyler Murray Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kyler Murray Thread

Postby tstafford » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:45 pm

Ok. What's going on here? Again not activated.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:46 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:45 pm Ok. What's going on here? Again not activated.
They're being cautious with his return (as they should be in a lost season).

This is a new system and he's still working back into game shape.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:57 pm

Good news is that this is it. Next week he’s either activated or done for the year.

I guess they could activate and still not play him…

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:07 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:57 pm Good news is that this is it. Next week he’s either activated or done for the year.

I have heard whispers of the possibility of not activating Kyler during his 21 day window, thus shutting him down for the season.
Those rumors started right after week 8, when the Cardinals climbed back into the 1.01 slot.

Allegedly they do not want to risk losing that pick again, which is why they traded away Dobbs and fired up Tune.

Question is: As bad as Tune looked on Sunday, would the NFL consider the Cardinals tanking to be blatantly obvious and do something about it if they shut down Kyler for 2023?

Similar to the NBA stepping in on the 76ers a few years ago when what they were doing was so obvious.
I mean the key to tanking is to be less obvious about it, at least pretend that you are trying.

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:09 pm

he's already announced as the expected qb for next week https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-expe ... 51775.html

I think at some point the leaked report basically said yeah the cardinals are tanking but the new regime also want to see what they have in kyler to decide whether they'd rather have him or whatever rookie they can get

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:39 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:07 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:57 pm Good news is that this is it. Next week he’s either activated or done for the year.

I have heard whispers of the possibility of not activating Kyler during his 21 day window, thus shutting him down for the season.
Those rumors started right after week 8, when the Cardinals climbed back into the 1.01 slot.

Allegedly they do not want to risk losing that pick again, which is why they traded away Dobbs and fired up Tune.

Question is: As bad as Tune looked on Sunday, would the NFL consider the Cardinals tanking to be blatantly obvious and do something about it if they shut down Kyler for 2023?

Similar to the NBA stepping in on the 76ers a few years ago when what they were doing was so obvious.
I mean the key to tanking is to be less obvious about it, at least pretend that you are trying.
If they shut down Kyler, it's because he's not healthy enough to play. Gannon has already said they will be activating him Wednesday and he will take first team reps this week. No rumor mill needed for that info, it's straight from the coach.

If they were going hold him out regardless, they never would have designated him to return and just let him play out the year on IR.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:19 am

Are you guys starting him this week? In one redraft Superflex my QB2 is not great, may start Kyler.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

idp_required
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby idp_required » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:58 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:19 am Are you guys starting him this week? In one redraft Superflex my QB2 is not great, may start Kyler.
I'm going to, but my current starters are Carr and Love.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:05 pm

Theoretically they could activate Murray and keep him on the bench for Tune? Seems like a Cardinal thing to do.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:23 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:05 pm Theoretically they could activate Murray and keep him on the bench for Tune? Seems like a Cardinal thing to do.
If he's healthy, the league would frown upon that.

And as to starting him I will be in several of my leagues but they are 24-teamers where my other options are medical cases or back ups! lol

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm

My options are:

Garoppolo, Jimmy LVR QB vs NYJ
Hall, Jaren MIN QB (R) vs NOS
Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB Bye
Murray, Kyler ARI QB vs ATL
O'Connell, Aidan LVR QB (R) vs NYJ Sun
Wilson, Zach NYJ QB @LVR Sun

I'm starting Wilson (blech) and Kyler right now. I think Wilson over AOC but IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:42 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm My options are:

I'm starting Wilson (blech) and Kyler right now. I think Wilson over AOC but IDK.
I would start Wilson over AOC based on matchup

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:42 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm My options are:

I would start Wilson over AOC based on matchup
Thanks.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:14 pm

Murray has officially been activated

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:16 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:19 am Are you guys starting him this week? In one redraft Superflex my QB2 is not great, may start Kyler.
All depends on your options.

Right now it only looks like I will be starting him in one SF league.

In that league I have Mahomes on bye, Love as my QB1 this week, and SF is between Kyler or Zach Wilson.
So I plan to go Kyler there.

In other leagues, I am playing Russ Wilson over Kyler, playing Dobbs over Kyler in another league.