Kyler Murray Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Kyler unfollowed cards on Twitter and IG

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:23 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:40 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:55 pm Probably wants a new deal. Or an A's uniform.

Keep in mind he just came back from the pro bowl where money and big talk is probably flying left and right.
That's hard for such a little guy to hear.
Little fish in a big pond

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:25 pm

His dad probably told him to do it. :lol: In all seriousness, though, Murray has long had a reputation for being difficult to deal with, partly due to his father's involvement. Not Lavar Ball level or anything, but who is? :lol: If this is Murray's way to get try and get a new deal, it just shows how immature he still is. He should try showing up for a playoff game, for starters. Kyler is a good player, but the Cards have no reason to extend him at this point, with 2 years left on his deal. They may opt to do it, because they feel it will give them better value by doing it sooner, but just like the Ravens are doing with Lamar, they may just play wait and see. 2 years, and you can tag after that, in a pinch, if no deal is reached.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:09 am

man, what leadership.
@PlankMelody

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:45 pm

Plank wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:09 am man, what leadership.
https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-want ... p-maturity

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, I had made comments on his attitude maturity, leadership, and this comment of yours just cut it down the the bare bones. Then, this. Hilarious.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:06 pm

They should trade Kyler for Watson. See how Kyler feels in HOU. I like Kyler but I am still uncertain about his size as it relates to injuries and getting the ball knocked down at the line.

Players fighting contracts is hard to deal with as a fan sometimes. I get it, everyone wants to get paid what they feel they're worth and what not but the reason they are paid so immensely is because the league itself is a ratings bonanza. One of the main reasons the NFL is so competitive and NOT like the NBA is because of a shortened season and stricter rules around free agency. The rookie slotting of money with draft capital has been a huge win for the fans. I'd hate to see us go back to the Sam Bradford rookie holdout days again.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:03 pm

Kyler is going to push hard to get paid after year 3 because he does not want to put up sub par 2022 season to justify not getting top QB money.
I'm sure Arizona would offer him middle of the pack QB money right now, but if Kyler is looking for top money, he's going to have to earn it. And as it is appearing, he doesn't want to earn it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:10 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:03 pm Kyler is going to push hard to get paid after year 3 because he does not want to put up sub par 2022 season to justify not getting top QB money.
I'm sure Arizona would offer him middle of the pack QB money right now, but if Kyler is looking for top money, he's going to have to earn it. And as it is appearing, he doesn't want to earn it.
Yup. Maybe trying to facilitate a trade to someone who will. I think the Cards either go deep into the playoffs, or Kliff and Kyler are going elsewhere. I am not sure Arizona wants to lock up a QB who had the "perfect" coach for his skill set, and still fell short, on a team crippling deal, when they couldn't get anywhere close to a SB on a rookie deal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:54 pm

I think it was maybe misquoted? "All of this nonsense that I started" perhaps?

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-qb-k ... ot-what-i-

I am thoroughly enjoying this, not going to lie. :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:27 pm

At the end of the day "Money Talks and BS Walks" The Cards will pay him a fortune or trade him for a huge haul.

He is a rare talent and there is nothing on the horizon close to his talent level that is available.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:30 am

There are few QBs of Murray’s stature, though there are those who think very little of him.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:49 am

j4pac wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:30 am There are few QBs of Murray’s stature, though there are those who think very little of him.
I see what you did there. :lol:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:14 pm

j4pac wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:30 am There are few QBs of Murray’s stature, though there are those who think very little of him.
Quote from Shrek if I'm not mistaken

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:49 am

Apparently he wouldn't go back in the game when it was out of hand. LoL.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:20 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:49 am Apparently he wouldn't go back in the game when it was out of hand. LoL.
Yeah, I heard a lot of vets were pissed. I thought maybe they were pissed because Kliff decided to pull him, but if this is true, I would deal the little punk. He's a good player, but not so good that you want this type of leadership, or lack thereof, and the lack of leadership he has in general. Trade him, and get a haul. He doesn't have the intangibles to be a great QB.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:32 am

I believe if AZ gives him the $40-$50MM he is asking for, they are sunk. I just don't think he is good enough to lift a low talent level team
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts