Conference Championships Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Conference Championships Discussion

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:55 pm

The odd thing about CEH is that when he had the ball he looked solid, made guys missed, showed great patience and vision by navigating muddy trenches to find day light, had a solid play where he and an Olineman (I think) were able to push a pile larger than you would expect to squeeze out another few yards.

For whatever reason he just isn't getting involved. If this is all the chiefs have for him, they either grossly overestimated his abilities and their plan had to go out the window, or they had no real plan (like the Seahawks with penny). Either way the chiefs and many fantasy owners (myself included) wasted a top tier pick on this guy. He has a lot to show next year if he is going to get his rookie deal extended. From my not very skilled eyes he looks like he could be a difference maker given a difference maker's volume, but obviously the Chiefs see him a lot more and know a lot more about football than I do and they just don't want him involved.

Shame
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:56 pm

So the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl & Jimmy G will be their starting QB next year. That is not a world I want to live in.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:57 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:03 pm Bengals vs 49ers is so 20th century. I'd take my horse and cart to see that!!!
3rd time's the charm!

I was too young to enjoy the 88 Super Bowl team. Decades of fandom misery later, this moment is surreal AF.
I was still in Ohio in '88 and was at a neighborhood SB party. I remember the heartache and the blatant alcohol abuse well....
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:58 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:56 pm So the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl & Jimmy G will be their starting QB next year. That is not a world I want to live in.
and yet Lance's stock is still somehow rising. For the record Jimmy has played beter tonight

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:05 pm

Ackers injured again?
Last edited by Tvols on Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:07 pm

This has been a terribly coached game by McVay. He wasted all 3 timeouts, 2 on terrible challenges.
Last edited by remedy29 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:07 pm

McVay is overthinking things. Both challenges weren't even close. 10 minutes left, no timeouts and no challenges. Unexcusable.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:11 pm

Nvm looks like he is back
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:16 pm

Nice to see OBJ having a solid night

I can't believe Baker had people believe he is a bum (I don't think he is as good as he was on the Giants, but he is a still a good player) crazy to think him and Kupp are basically the same age and have opposite career trajectories (same with Adams). Makes me hopefully that OBJ can still be of use to me in the upcoming years (where I will sell him ASAP)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm

Atta boy, Jimmy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:42 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:05 pm Ackers injured again?
Yep. I am not surprised. His ability to stay healthy has always been a concern for me. I actually wanted to see him come back clean next year, rather than rushed back. Not that a shoulder necessarily is a factor to the achilles. Just a full year of weights and rehab. A SB birth on the line, though, I guess you can't blame the guy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:46 pm

BTW. Burrow flat out out played Mahomes that 2nd half. Mahomes really made too many mistakes, he was lucky they even got into OT after that fumble. I love his ability to extend plays, but sometimes than internal clock has to say get rid of it. Yikes. Burrow going to the SB after tearing his knee up late last year, and some doctors and analysts suggesting sitting out the year may be wise, getting sacked a ridiculous amount again this year, just shows you the "cat" this guy is. I knew he didn't have elite arm strength, but I always knew he was a dude. I was wrong about not drafting Chase, but kind of right, too. My concern was Burrow's longevity, and still is. They really need to address that OL, this guy is part of the future of this league. The Bengals first and only concern until it's sorted next year is Burrow's pass protection. Go Bengals!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:52 pm

1:46 games on the line and you send in your QB to bring home the W and go to the SB. Jimmy G lives up to everything I learned to expect from him.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:53 pm

It really felt like SF should have won this game. Some big plays by Stafford in the 4th quarter.

That drop INT around mid-field around 9 minutes left did SF in. If they get that turn over, they would have had a great chance to win.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:00 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:52 pm 1:46 games on the line and you send in your QB to bring home the W and go to the SB. Jimmy G lives up to everything I learned to expect from him.
I think that is a bit unfair to Garoppolo. SF is built to win on their run game and defense. There was a play to be made on defense and the Safety dropped the ball in what can only be described as too easy to catch. This game did not have to come down to needing Garoppolo to tie the game down 3 with under 2 minutes. He did enough to put them in position to win prior to that.