Conference Championships Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Conference Championships Discussion

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:24 pm

I'M GOING TO JAIL TONIGHT 🍻πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ―🐯🐯🐯🐯🐯
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:25 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:24 pm I'M GOING TO JAIL TONIGHT 🍻πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ―🐯🐯🐯🐯🐯
πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’Š
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:10 pm Pretty sure he was talking NFL wise, come on. Secondly, there were plenty of people saying he was propped up by talent, at least to a degree.
Lol, don't take it too seriously. I'm just saying. His Legacy was already alive and well.

Could be set to grow a bit more in a couple weeks though, wow... :o
Orenthal Shames wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:24 pm I'M GOING TO JAIL TONIGHT 🍻πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ―🐯🐯🐯🐯🐯
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your evening OJ, don't kill any more blondes :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:03 pm

mild wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:10 pm Pretty sure he was talking NFL wise, come on. Secondly, there were plenty of people saying he was propped up by talent, at least to a degree.
Lol, don't take it too seriously. I'm just saying. His Legacy was already alive and well.

Could be set to grow a bit more in a couple weeks though, wow... :o
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your evening OJ, don't kill any more blondes :thumbup:
Oh I know. I am well aware almost every one of your posts carries at least a bit of tongue in cheek at this point. :wink: Speaking of which, can anyone seriously imagine Jerry Jeudy ever making a catch like Higgins did on 2nd and 8 in OT? I close my eyes, but I don't see it. :lol: What a nice grab. Romo saying a slant to Chase, they go to Higgins, and it's away from his body, on a rope, hands grab. Huuuuuuge. Go Bengals!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:07 pm

:thumbup: Congrats to the Bengals and their fans. :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Welp

Congrats Bengals. A long time coming for their fans

I don't really expect to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime at this point so all I can really say is enjoy the moment

You never know when it's gone forever

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:26 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:24 pm Welp

I don't really expect to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime at this point so all I can really say is enjoy the moment

Class.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:26 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:24 pm Welp

Class.
I'd be way saltier if the halves were flipped but when you play like the Jaguars for a half there isn't much to be said

I will say (if this counts as salt) that I still don't think the Bengals are that great of a team (at least currently) but they are certainly deserving of being in the Super Bowl

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:06 pm
Sriracha wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:33 pm I'm curious if the people claiming that CEH wasn't going to see a diminished role going forward are still as confident.

Sure looks like McKinnon has taken over the lead back role
Yep. He's super efficient. McKinnon is OK, looking good, but he's got a track record of doing that for a few games before he gets hurt. I think CEH look spry, and I believe he's still fighting injury. Certainly looks better than Akers. :wink: I mean the numbers 6 and 8 I don't think Akers knows even exist since coming back from injury. :lol:
I'm not sure what your not seeing with Akers.

For CEH sake, sure hope he was still hurt. He looks like a player that KC only plays for a few snaps because they wasted a 1st round pick on him. For a team lacking offensive talent outside of Hill and Kelce, its telling how little of an impact he actually has.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:50 pm

remedy29 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:43 pm
Sriracha wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:33 pm I'm curious if the people claiming that CEH wasn't going to see a diminished role going forward are still as confident.

Yep. He's super efficient. McKinnon is OK, looking good, but he's got a track record of doing that for a few games before he gets hurt. I think CEH look spry, and I believe he's still fighting injury. Certainly looks better than Akers. :wink: I mean the numbers 6 and 8 I don't think Akers knows even exist since coming back from injury. :lol:

I'm not sure what your not seeing with Akers

For CEH sake, sure hope he was still hurt. He looks like a player that KC only plays for a few snaps because they wasted a 1st round pick on him. For a team lacking offensive talent outside of Hill and Kelce, its telling how little of an impact he actually has.
I'm seeing a RB I've seen many, ,many times before in my 35 years or so of watching NFL football. He's a solid RB. Nothing special, and never will be. Don't even see him back to where he was last year yet, personally. CEH. He's got a skill set that will keep him relevant, even if he becomes James White on another team. Neither are going to be difference making RB's for FF purposes IMO. That was kind of my point all the way along. Solid guys in your lineup, not league winners. JT was that, until Frank Reich decided he didn't want to target him in the FF playoffs this year. :lol:

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:50 pm

I'm seeing a RB I've seen many, ,many times before in my 35 years or so of watching NFL football.
Got it...so your seeing a talented starting caliber RB.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:58 pm

remedy29 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:50 pm

I'm seeing a RB I've seen many, ,many times before in my 35 years or so of watching NFL football.
Got it...so your seeing a talented starting caliber RB.
I'm seeing a guy whose always on the verge of being replaced. Nothing special. He's talented vs his current competion, nothing more. Henderson hasn't even stepped in. Michel is clearly washed. The Rams have no other real option right now. Got it now?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:03 pm

Bengals vs 49ers is so 20th century. I'd take my horse and cart to see that!!!

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:50 pm I'm seeing a RB I've seen many, ,many times before in my 35 years or so of watching NFL football. He's a solid RB. Nothing special, and never will be. Don't even see him back to where he was last year yet, personally. CEH. He's got a skill set that will keep him relevant, even if he becomes James White on another team. Neither are going to be difference making RB's for FF purposes IMO. That was kind of my point all the way along. Solid guys in your lineup, not league winners. JT was that, until Frank Reich decided he didn't want to target him in the FF playoffs this year. :lol:
:D

So... when CEH is out rushed 2:1 by a guy they signed off the street and vastly outperformed in the receiving game -- he's super efficient (even though his rushing efficiency was marginally better than said Journeyman and he was vastly outperformed by McKinnon in the receiving game). CEH looks spry and he's still fighting an injury..

But Akers who has dominated touches in his backfield over a RB they traded a 4th round pick for and is 6 months removed from an achilles rupture is assuredly just "a solid RB"... and while CEH has demonstrated that he is a sub par receiving back we're going to stick to the assertion that he has a "James White Floor".

Copium ;)

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: ↑Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:03 pm Bengals vs 49ers is so 20th century. I'd take my horse and cart to see that!!!
3rd time's the charm!

I was too young to enjoy the 88 Super Bowl team. Decades of fandom misery later, this moment is surreal AF.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06