Divisional Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Divisional Weekend Discussion

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:58 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:37 pm not to ignore everything you just said, but if i remember correctly KC had all of their timeouts on that 13 second drive.
I typed it on a few beers, let us focus on the overarching point. :lol: It was still dark magic of the highest order. Positively prime Brady-esque in how brutal it was.

Fun note: Andy Reid's quote to him before he went out there was "when it's grim... be the Grim Reaper"

I wonder what Justin Herbert's up to today. Probably having a nice time on the beach somewhere.
lol i figured. I heard about the andy thing too, feels too movie esque to be true lmao. wonder if they have that quote mic'd up
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:14 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:37 pm not to ignore everything you just said, but if i remember correctly KC had all of their timeouts on that 13 second drive.
I typed it on a few beers, let us focus on the overarching point. :lol: It was still dark magic of the highest order. Positively prime Brady-esque in how brutal it was.

Fun note: Andy Reid's quote to him before he went out there was "when it's grim... be the Grim Reaper"

I wonder what Justin Herbert's up to today. Probably having a nice time on the beach somewhere.
He was dunking on High Schoolers at the Y. Close second.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:21 pm

Being that I was around kindergarten age the last time the Bengals made the AFC title game, I still can't believe it's happening.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 am

Just going back and watching the last 2 plays. There's literally nobody within 15 yards of Hill on the first play, and take a good look at the 2nd play, and how open Kelce is. From the start. Nobody near him. Mahomes is a great QB. The sad thing for the Bills fans is, just about any QB in the NFL could have done what he did on those 2 plays. It's not an exaggeration, either. That's why I believe the Bills DC and HC who is a defensive guy should be turfed. They didn't even make it difficult for the 3 best players on the Chiefs. I've never seen such poor scheming. It literally looks rigged, to let the Chiefs score. Here's the thing. IF you were ever going to rig a situation like that, you wouldn't make it look that obvious though. :lol: That's how bad it was.

EDIT: I think the Bills would be better off losing McDermott who has proven to be a liability when it matters most, and offering Daboll the HC job. Retaining Daboll IMO would be more important to the franchise. Keeping him with Allen and the continuity with Josh worth more than all the hand claps in China.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 am Just going back and watching the last 2 plays. There's literally nobody within 15 yards of Hill on the first play, and take a good look at the 2nd play, and how open Kelce is. From the start. Nobody near him. Mahomes is a great QB. The sad thing for the Bills fans is, just about any QB in the NFL could have done what he did on those 2 plays...
So you're saying they were playing sideline defense with 13 seconds left? If you look, you'll see that's what it is on both plays. That's why they're open.

You hear Romo questioning why the Bills are bothering to rush 4 on those plays as well. You know ol' Tap is throwing it fast, you're not going to get there in 1 second.

It sounds to me like you might have a future in coaching! Perhaps you could indeed make better decisions than McDermott in the heat of the moment of a game like that.
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 am EDIT: I think the Bills would be better off losing McDermott who has proven to be a liability when it matters most, and offering Daboll the HC job. Retaining Daboll IMO would be more important to the franchise. Keeping him with Allen and the continuity with Josh worth more than all the hand claps in China.
This is true. Unfortunately it's not how it works... it's McDermott's show in Buffalo. Owners don't fire a guy that's built a culture like that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 am Just going back and watching the last 2 plays. There's literally nobody within 15 yards of Hill on the first play, and take a good look at the 2nd play, and how open Kelce is. From the start. Nobody near him. Mahomes is a great QB. The sad thing for the Bills fans is, just about any QB in the NFL could have done what he did on those 2 plays...
So you're saying they were playing sideline defense with 13 seconds left? If you look, you'll see that's what it is on both plays. That's why they're open.

You hear Romo questioning why the Bills are bothering to rush 4 on those plays as well. You know ol' Tap is throwing it fast, you're not going to get there in 1 second.

It sounds to me like you might have a future in coaching! Perhaps you could indeed make better decisions than McDermott in the heat of the moment of a game like that.
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 am EDIT: I think the Bills would be better off losing McDermott who has proven to be a liability when it matters most, and offering Daboll the HC job. Retaining Daboll IMO would be more important to the franchise. Keeping him with Allen and the continuity with Josh worth more than all the hand claps in China.
This is true. Unfortunately it's not how it works... it's McDermott's show in Buffalo. Owners don't fire a guy that's built a culture like that.
I was watching it with the sound off, at the bar. So didn't hear what Romo said, but he's right. I was trying to figure out what use 97 was on either play. Seriously, a useless DL. He didn't rush, he just kind of hung back, as if he was a spy. With that amount of time left, there's no reason for that. Let Mahomes run. Having 4 DL is such a waste because they have to throw it so quickly, you'd rather have a guy in coverage. Honestly, I would have pressed Hill and Kelce off the line and given those guys help. Hold them, and don't let them go. Tackle them off the LOS for all I care. :lol: Take a 5 yard holding penalty, that's a huge win. Just don't let them down the field that easily. That last play, Hill and Kelce were on the LOS, no stack or anything. You make Mahomes make a 2nd or 3rd read, that's an extra second or two. Make him throw to Pringle or someone like that. The Chiefs had the timeouts, so a penalty stopping the clock is no big deal, it would have stopped after the play anyway, when the Chiefs called time out. They were playing a sidelines/prevent D, like they were protecting the end zone on both plays. It's inexplicable. It's almost as if they were OK with giving up the FG, they just didn't want to get burned on a long TD.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm It's almost as if they were OK with giving up the FG, they just didn't want to get burned on a long TD.
This was exactly my take watching live
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:27 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm It's almost as if they were OK with giving up the FG, they just didn't want to get burned on a long TD.
This was exactly my take watching live
It's like he got spooked by that Hill TD the drive before. I think Hill was back there on the kick return too, which is probably why he didn't squib kick as well.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm

I think they simply thought they had the game won. In reality most would. Hated to see the Bills lose but I think they will get a SB and they not only showed 31 other teams to prepare for anything no matter what, they will also learn from the mistake.

Not a chance Hades they fire their coach. He is by far the best coach they have had since Levy. He is young but that team plays their guts out every single week and he has a great relationship with Allen it seems.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm I think they simply thought they had the game won. In reality most would. Hated to see the Bills lose but I think they will get a SB and they not only showed 31 other teams to prepare for anything no matter what, they will also learn from the mistake.

Not a chance Hades they fire their coach. He is by far the best coach they have had since Levy. He is young but that team plays their guts out every single week and he has a great relationship with Allen it seems.
Oh, I don't think they will, but I think they should 100 percent. Andy Reid knew he wasn't that good. :lol: That loss is 100 percent on him. Allen won them the game, McDermott lost it. I'd keep the guy tied to Allen and his success offensively, which is Daboll. Allen's signing his praise, saying he should be a HC. I'd make him that, with the Bills, and turf McDermott. I think they will regret not doing it. Time will tell.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Oh, I don't think they will, but I think they should 100 percent. Andy Reid knew he wasn't that good. :lol: That loss is 100 percent on him. Allen won them the game, McDermott lost it. I'd keep the guy tied to Allen and his success offensively, which is Daboll. Allen's signing his praise, saying he should be a HC. I'd make him that, with the Bills, and turf McDermott. I think they will regret not doing it. Time will tell.
I agree with this, I think McDermott is an okay coach, but I dont think he's a good game manager, i think that if Mcdermott didnt have Josh Allen and a good defense to bail him out, he'd be gone by now.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:08 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 pm

I agree with this, I think McDermott is an okay coach, but I dont think he's a good game manager, i think that if Mcdermott didnt have Josh Allen and a good defense to bail him out, he'd be gone by now.
This may be true, but most HC's are poor game managers. Assuming Daboll will be better is a reach. McDermott is one of the better young HC's in the league. He is going nowhere
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:02 pm

How’s Zach Wilson doing :dance: :lol:
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:04 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:02 pm

How’s Zach Wilson doing :dance: :lol:
I mean he's not doing any worse than Lawrence or Fields...

I find it funny that all the rookie QBs except Mac looked like bleep and Wilson's the only one who got shat on for it

Lawrence and Fields just got excuses (some of which are valid). Lance somehow had his value go up

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:04 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:02 pm How’s Zach Wilson doing :dance: :lol:
I mean he's not doing any worse than Lawrence or Fields...

I find it funny that all the rookie QBs except Mac looked like bleep and Wilson's the only one who got shat on for it

Lawrence and Fields just got excuses (some of which are valid). Lance somehow had his value go up
Thanks and agreed KC, and yeah - Wilson is doing fine, thankyou for asking! It's just anti Jets-bias, which I completely understand. Washing that sort of institutional stink off isn't a single-season sort of project, especially not for a team with a rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie OC, and an OL comprised of rookies, 2nd year players, and some turnstiles that they borrowed from the MTA.

alewilliam789, some instructive viewing for your earballs and eyeballs, seeing as you asked such a well-intentioned, considerate, and not-at-all trolling question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8vxBYTGyBQ

Lance's value going up is freakin' hilarious. He hasn't even shown he can achieve at the Justin Fields level of play yet, let alone the Jalen Hurts level or even Lamar level that he's being priced at. It's all theoretical. There's no "there" there... not yet, at least.

Jimmy just played an absolute stinker in Lambeau and there wasn't even a moment of doubt as to whether Lance would relieve him.

Best believe if they win the Superbowl, the Niners might just run it back with Jimmy... they've set themselves up for a hilarious offseason of narrative.