Divisional Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Divisional Weekend Discussion

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:31 pm

Vendetta wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 pm That was one of the greatest games I think I've ever seen in my life.
Agreed
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 pm

Vendetta wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 pm That was one of the greatest games I think I've ever seen in my life.
I just said it was the best NFL game since the Rams Chiefs a couple years ago. Being that this one was a playoff game, gotta make it better.

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:57 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 pm
mild wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm Great play by Tap Mahomes, my personal #3 QB in a startup.
I know one thing... anyone NOT taking Mahomes or Allen as their top QB if they were starting a franchise right now would be classified as downright koo-koo-krazy! You'd have to be nuts!

I mean, what other option even is there? Who else could you even possibly pick that you know -for certain- could go in and play a game like THAT against either of these dudes, in a must-win, do-or-die, season-is-over-if-we-lose kind of game...?

Truly, we are living in hallowed Quarterbacking times. I have huge respect for Josh Allen right now. Mahomes is still my #1 QB in the league with a bullet, and he just showed why - but Allen is right there. Wow.
I think Burrow is a season or two away from being there. Next week he gets to go and prove he belongs. Not sure if your talking real life franchise, but fantasy wise the Murrays and Jacksons have to be considered for their rushing upside. I agree with you though, you wouldnt take any of those guys right now over Mahomes/Allen.

I'm more impressed with how quickly Allen changed the course of his career, ik its been talked about, but just a few seasons ago he was labeled a bust (rightly so IMO) and seemingly turned it on a dime and is now being discussed as one of the best QB's in the game.
I won’t buy into the “rushing upside puts Lamar in the same tier” narrative when Allen is a way better passer and has 70% the rushing upside that Lamar does. I also see Allen as a smarter/less risky runner than Lamar; leading to less injuries. I will acknowledge that Allen will probably lose some athleticism earlier than Lamar- a la Cam vs Vick- just due to physique. Bottom line is the better passer (and winner) has better staying power in the nfl. And HOW THE F did LJax make the pro bowl over Allen?

Sorry for all the different directions. I’m tipsy and all over the place lol

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:30 pm

Amoo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:57 pm

I know one thing... anyone NOT taking Mahomes or Allen as their top QB if they were starting a franchise right now would be classified as downright koo-koo-krazy! You'd have to be nuts!

I mean, what other option even is there? Who else could you even possibly pick that you know -for certain- could go in and play a game like THAT against either of these dudes, in a must-win, do-or-die, season-is-over-if-we-lose kind of game...?

Truly, we are living in hallowed Quarterbacking times. I have huge respect for Josh Allen right now. Mahomes is still my #1 QB in the league with a bullet, and he just showed why - but Allen is right there. Wow.
I think Burrow is a season or two away from being there. Next week he gets to go and prove he belongs. Not sure if your talking real life franchise, but fantasy wise the Murrays and Jacksons have to be considered for their rushing upside. I agree with you though, you wouldnt take any of those guys right now over Mahomes/Allen.

I'm more impressed with how quickly Allen changed the course of his career, ik its been talked about, but just a few seasons ago he was labeled a bust (rightly so IMO) and seemingly turned it on a dime and is now being discussed as one of the best QB's in the game.
I won’t buy into the “rushing upside puts Lamar in the same tier” narrative when Allen is a way better passer and has 70% the rushing upside that Lamar does. I also see Allen as a smarter/less risky runner than Lamar; leading to less injuries. I will acknowledge that Allen will probably lose some athleticism earlier than Lamar- a la Cam vs Vick- just due to physique. Bottom line is the better passer (and winner) has better staying power in the nfl. And HOW THE F did LJax make the pro bowl over Allen?

Im strictly talking fantasy. I agree for the most part, in fact im not even a Ljax fan lol. The fact is though, fantasy wise they're pretty on par with their numbers. if were talking who i want to win a game on any given day? im taking Allen over jackson 10/10 times. But IMO their fantasy scoring puts them in the same tier. He averaged 21.5 ppg and thats including the 1.1 point game he had when he got injured. Mahomes at 22.3 Allen just under 25
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:47 pm

I’ll take the longevity of the better passing QB over the running QB. Especially when the passing QB can run too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Josh Allen is a frickin' Super-Star!!!!

I would fire the HC. He's a defensive guy right? What happened is unacceptable. Don't tell me the HC is responsible for their success. Much like the HC in GB, he's been riding coat tails. That last defensive series in regulation plus OT is all I need to see. Get rid of the HC. He's a joke. A loser. Allen is a winner, man. Don't saddle him with a loser HC.

PS: Well done to Mahomes. However Hill and Kelce burning you when it mattered most shows me you have no clue, as a defensive "mind".

(There may be some confusion recently as I said in a vaccum I may take Herbert over Mahomes....that means no Andy Reid etc.../ I was the one pushing back on the "Lamar is the best QB in FF and real football thread, pushing Mahomes....as a Raiders fan, I might add). Even a slightly higher level of respect after tonight, how can I not, for Mahomes. Allen, though. Man, what a gamer. Some of those plays he made....to bad his D and coaches let him down.

After seeing the Bucs game and Chiefs game today, and just the league in general, over the last X amount of years, it amazes me that teams haven't adjusted their D's. It's absolutely laughable how easy they make it to walk down and score. It's almost to the point where they should consider the "Costanza factor". Do the opposite.

OR, the NFL is rigged. Or there are so many dumb players who can't play the scheme properly, and it's not the coaches. It has to be one.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm Josh Allen is a frickin' Super-Star!!!!

I would fire the HC. He's a defensive guy right? What happened is unacceptable. Don't tell me the HC is responsible for their success. Much like the HC in GB, he's been riding coat tails. That last defensive series in regulation plus OT is all I need to see. Get rid of the HC. He's a joke. A loser. Allen is a winner, man. Don't saddle him with a loser HC.

PS: Well done to Mahomes. However Hill and Kelce burning you when it mattered most shows me you have no clue, as a defensive "mind".

After seeing the Bucs game and Chiefs game today, and just the league in general, over the last X amount of years, it amazes me that teams haven't adjusted their D's. It's absolutely laughable how easy they make it to walk down and score. It's almost to the point where they should consider the "Costanza factor". Do the opposite.
I'm not sure about this. They had the number 1 D and Lafleur has never not gotten a bye (a major improvement on what Rodgers was doing in the second half of Mccarthy's tenure)

I think it more shows how offense based the NFL has become

Get a QB, protect QB, stack weapons for said QB, get to the other team's QB (edge rushers)

In that order of priority

IDK how a team like the Dolphins or Browns watches this and think "with a rookie WR our QB can definitely go head to head with these guys. Just build a stronger defense"

The Bills number 1 defense couldn't stop anything in the end

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm Josh Allen is a frickin' Super-Star!!!!

I'm not sure about this. They had the number 1 D and Lafleur has never not gotten a bye (a major improvement on what Rodgers was doing in the second half of Mccarthy's tenure)

I think it more shows how offense based the NFL has become

Get a QB, protect QB, stack weapons for said QB, get to the other team's QB (edge rushers)

In that order of priority

IDK how a team like the Dolphins or Browns watches this and think "with a rookie WR our QB can definitely go head to head with these guys. Just build a stronger defense"

The Bills number 1 defense couldn't stop anything in the end
Well, we might see how he does with a full season of Love. How did he do against your Chiefs? Lafleur might have done OK because after year 1 it wasn't working, as I recall, and there was tension. Rodgers probably had a lot more say after that, and I believe that was the reason for the shift after year 1. Aaron started putting his foot down on things, and it led to better results, to the tune of possibly 2 MVP seasons back to back. Aaron didn't have his best game vs SF. However I know Lafleur had more control over ST's than Rodgers did. That alone tells you what you need to know. An absolute joke, and Packers fans will tell you, this was a problem for a while. Not an anomaly. It was well known they were a weakness. Lafleur even mentioned it in pre game meeting with the TV crew, apparently.

EDIT: BTW. NFL missed a blatant taunting call on Tyreek Hill. If the refs missed it, they shouldn't be reffing. If they decided not to call it, maybe we shouldn't have a rule, because they chose a hell of a time to ignore it. Parity. OT rules, reffing. That's key to a good game. The NFL doesn't have a good grasp on either, despite that game being an instant classic. Either let them all go, or flag it. Oh yeah, and again. Please get into the now with the OT rules, it's never been right. Parity. All other sports have it, except you NFL. Fix your OT.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm There may be some confusion recently as I said in a vaccum I may take Herbert over Mahomes....that means no Andy Reid etc...
It's just a terrible take.

There is no evidence that Justin Herbert is a big-game QB. In both College and in the NFL, he's never even made the post-season - let alone been tested there.

Meanwhile, the best QB in the game worked literal dark magic in front of your eyes tonight to stay alive with 13 seconds left in the game, no timeouts, and 80 yards of field to negate. To quote Gladiator: "Are you not entertained?"

If you're starting an NFL franchise from scratch, the point is to win Superbowls.

Mahomes is knocking on the doorstep of his 3rd Superbowl in 4 years. Boy, you're going to hate that if he punches that ticket again...

Your "No Andy Reid, No Supporting Cast" argument would hold a LOT more water if this very same Chiefs team had done -literally anything- in the postseasons during Kelce's prime, and when Tyreek first emerged. Last I recall, that squad was last seen losing to Marcus Mariota.

It took Mahomes to put them over the hump and create the winning machine you see here.

He's the common denominator to all this success - not Tyreek, not Andy Reid, not Kelce.

"Well, you could have a boat OR you could have the mystery box."
"I mean, a boat's a boat... but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!"

Take the boat. Your king is here and he wears red. Bow down, and swear fealty. Better luck to your Raiders in the 2030's.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:29 am

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:11 pm
DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm [/b]

Not looking likely.
This must be the football gods equalizing things since the regular season was as good as it was.
Maybe it’s an every other week thing now lol
Gonna be a great Pro Bowl! :lol:
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:33 am

Amoo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:57 pm

Allen is definitely the better passer, but there’s no way he can be considered a “less risky” runner than Lamar. Lamar avoids big hits unless absolutely necessary, while Josh Allen seems to actively invite contact on his runs. Hard to argue with Allen over Lamar takes in fantasy right now though. The top tier of fantasy (and real life) QBs is made up of only Mahomes and Allen for me.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 am

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:33 am Allen is definitely the better passer, but there’s no way he can be considered a “less risky” runner than Lamar. Lamar avoids big hits unless absolutely necessary, while Josh Allen seems to actively invite contact on his runs. Hard to argue with Allen over Lamar takes in fantasy right now though. The top tier of fantasy (and real life) QBs is made up of only Mahomes and Allen for me.
Maybe the rushing risk is influenced by Josh Allen's size. Like Cam, he can probably be running for a lot of years. Skinnier QBs like Lamar, Kyler, and RG3 seem more likely to get destroyed on a hit to seriously curb the running. I don't know if that's true, but it feels the it may be.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:07 am

Hot takes I took away after this weekend other than going 0-4 on picking winners.

CEH is not as bad as some think.
Arod to the Titans is not a Crazy take.
JimmyG is everything we think he is.
Godwin is far more important than people gave him credit for.
Thinking Allen is not "less risky" than Jackson who has yet to play a full season is a hotter take than anything above.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:37 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:36 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 pm There may be some confusion recently as I said in a vaccum I may take Herbert over Mahomes....that means no Andy Reid etc...
It's just a terrible take.

There is no evidence that Justin Herbert is a big-game QB. In both College and in the NFL, he's never even made the post-season - let alone been tested there.

Meanwhile, the best QB in the game worked literal dark magic in front of your eyes tonight to stay alive with 13 seconds left in the game, no timeouts, and 80 yards of field to negate. To quote Gladiator: "Are you not entertained?"

If you're starting an NFL franchise from scratch, the point is to win Superbowls.

Mahomes is knocking on the doorstep of his 3rd Superbowl in 4 years. Boy, you're going to hate that if he punches that ticket again...

Your "No Andy Reid, No Supporting Cast" argument would hold a LOT more water if this very same Chiefs team had done -literally anything- in the postseasons during Kelce's prime, and when Tyreek first emerged. Last I recall, that squad was last seen losing to Marcus Mariota.

It took Mahomes to put them over the hump and create the winning machine you see here.

He's the common denominator to all this success - not Tyreek, not Andy Reid, not Kelce.

"Well, you could have a boat OR you could have the mystery box."
"I mean, a boat's a boat... but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!"

Take the boat. Your king is here and he wears red. Bow down, and swear fealty. Better luck to your Raiders in the 2030's.
not to ignore everything you just said, but if i remember correctly KC had all of their timeouts on that 13 second drive.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:37 pm not to ignore everything you just said, but if i remember correctly KC had all of their timeouts on that 13 second drive.
I typed it on a few beers, let us focus on the overarching point. :lol: It was still dark magic of the highest order. Positively prime Brady-esque in how brutal it was.

Fun note: Andy Reid's quote to him before he went out there was "when it's grim... be the Grim Reaper"

I wonder what Justin Herbert's up to today. Probably having a nice time on the beach somewhere.