2022 Coaching Carousel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kaz
Captain
Captain

2022 Coaching Carousel

Postby Kaz » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 am

We've already seen Urban Meyer be fire, and Fangio has reportedly been fired from DEN. Who else do we think follows suit?
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Re: 2022 Coaching Carousel

Postby dondickenson » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:24 am

Zimmer, Nagy, Judge should be gone next.

JAX needs an organization builder. A retread for 1-2 years, like DAL has McCarthy, could really work before going after a splash hire. Zimmer himself could be good there to bring some maturity and order to the org. I don’t like the idea of Leftwich or other first time HC.

DEN imo would be smart to go after a Shanahan/LaFleur/McVay/Kingsbury OC type, and hire an established DC to be the head coach of that half of the team. Kellen Moore would be my target there, and again a Zimmer type(Fangio would have worked haha) as DC. Rumor is they are going opposite though, and targeting Dan Quinn for HC. Okay, hope the offense survives another DC as HC.

Vikings could go either way, needing to rebuild their defense with a Todd Bowles type HC, or leveraging all that offensive skill power with a Kellen Moore or Brian Daboll type. Have no real feel for what they’ll do.

Bears need to pay Harbaugh whatever and buy in 100%. As a Niners fan we f’ed up royally running him out of town for not getting along with Trent damn Baalke at the time. Harbaugh is wild but if you’re all in, he’s always all in, and good things happen. With his history in CHI it’s a match made in heaven.

Giants are a mess. Maybe let Judge ride out another year and grind the team to dust and rebuild from the bottom up? Idk. I have no idea what they need. New owners?

Rhule, Rivera should be on hot seat.

I think these two guys are outside shots to get fired and replaced with the next hit thing. Good guys but mediocre results and rich bleep owners might buy them out and pay for the next 35 year old wunderkind, whether it is Moore or the OU coach or otherwise.

Bisaccia, Culley should be kept for now.

Obviously they seem replaceable. But I really like what these two have done, and think they should be retained on a year by year basis for now to give some stability to these teams. Raiders unbelievably have a shot at the playoffs after the fiasco of a year they’ve had off the field. Texans have defied expectations in a major way, and Culley has brought along Mills better than any other team has with their rookie QB.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:51 am

I'd love to see Seattle move on from Pete. Not opposed to keepIng him in the organization because he has a great energy. But as a HC he is failing to keep up with the NFL and that is hurting the team big time
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:51 am I'd love to see Seattle move on from Pete. Not opposed to keepIng him in the organization because he has a great energy. But as a HC he is failing to keep up with the NFL and that is hurting the team big time
Yes please as a Niners fan. We simply cannot beat SEA and Pete. They have our number big time, it’s like a curse

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 am

dondickenson wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:51 am I'd love to see Seattle move on from Pete. Not opposed to keepIng him in the organization because he has a great energy. But as a HC he is failing to keep up with the NFL and that is hurting the team big time
Yes please as a Niners fan. We simply cannot beat SEA and Pete. They have our number big time, it’s like a curse
If only that curse applied to the rest of the NFL... :boohoo:
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am

I like Mike Zimmer, but the team just isn't responding to him. They have a ton of talent, this team should be in the playoffs just about every year. They need a new head coach.

I think they should keep Rick Spielman at GM. He's done an excellent job at navigating the draft, adding picks, and getting value in free agency.
Last edited by Pac_Eddy on Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:08 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am I like Mike Zimmer, but the team just isn't responding to him. They have a ton of talent, this team should be in the playoffs just about every year. They need a new head coach.

I think they should keep Rick Spielman at GM. He's done an excellent job a navigating the draft, adding picks, and getting value in free agency.
Could have sworn they just recently extended Zimmer, which was a poor move.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:08 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am I like Mike Zimmer, but the team just isn't responding to him. They have a ton of talent, this team should be in the playoffs just about every year. They need a new head coach.

I think they should keep Rick Spielman at GM. He's done an excellent job a navigating the draft, adding picks, and getting value in free agency.
Could have sworn they just recently extended Zimmer, which was a poor move.
I think it was one of those bits where they don't want a coach on an expiring contract. Doesn't make sense to me to extend them for only that reason.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:19 pm

I'm praying Judge is melting down in his press conference again today so that he's fired.

I'm also not even close to certain that the Maras will hire a better replacement for him or BIG GETTY.

Their decision making in the last 5 years post-Eli has basically been "what it looks like to go senile in real time".

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:22 pm

I agree with you about both. I don’t think Zim has done a bad job, but I think it’s time to move on. It’s just sorta stagnant at this point, and mediocrity isn’t gonna keep you employed at HC. Vikings need a solid OC at HC and maybe a Fangio type DC.

Spielman can stay.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:49 am

i hope the giants change nothing!

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:12 am

One down, both Zimmer and Spielman gone in Minny. Looks like the Vikes are in for a housecleaning!

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:16 am

I think they should keep Rick Spielman at GM. He's done an excellent job at navigating the draft, adding picks, and getting value in free agency.
Disagree. They do have talent but - they do not have depth. The free agent signings were good in name but not in performance. They were 31st - in defense not so much because of the scheme, but because their severe lack of depth was exposed. This problem and the history of missed picks falls on Speilman's shoulders.

The Vikings offensive coordinator seemed to be in over his head. Zimmer's hands were handcuffed from the beginning. I'm sure he will be fired but in my opinion - the blame doesn't deservedly fall on him. With Cousins set to take up 21% of their cap, the new coaching staff / GM will be in a tough spot.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 am

Nagy fired as well.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 am

Brian Flores just got fired … I don’t understand that in the slightest. I guess the Fins are going to remain a dysfunctional organization. Too bad you can’t fire owners.