Your Most Confident, Unpopular 2021 Fantasy Takes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Your Most Confident, Unpopular 2021 Fantasy Takes

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm

I'm looking for a few takes that you are confident are going to happen this year, even if they aren't the consensus opinion.

I'm not looking for crazy bold takes for the sake of discussion.

I'll go first:
  • Jalen Hurts is a top8 QB and the entire PHI offense surprises folks. Miles Sanders, who has been written off by many, provides great returns as a solid RB #2, while D. Smith is a weekly top36 WR.
  • Gus Edwards is a top18 RB in non-PPR & 1/2 PPR leagues. Don't worry about the L. Bell signing, Edwards is still going to push for 240+ carries, which should translate to 1,200+ rushing yards and 10 TDs. Passing game usage would be a bonus and allow him to push for top12 status.
  • At the TE position, Darren Waller is going to smash again, while Kyle Pitts will disappoint owners who are drafting as a top5 / top6 option at the position. The real drop off at the position is after Andrews as the TE #4, as I don't like Hockenson or Pitts based on current expectations.
  • Antonio Brown is going to smash ADP - he'll be a top30 WR this season who could flirt with top18 numbers if Evans or Godwin miss time.
  • Josh Allen is QB #1 this year as the Bills fully embrace the spread passing game. They'll have a lot of games with 40+ pass attempts and <15 rushing attempts, and Allen is a top2 MVP candidate.
  • Myles Gaskin is the CLEAR RB to own in Miami, but you all already knew that.
  • Courtland Sutton is still the WR to own in Denver, but both he & Jeudy provide top25 numbers.
  • Tee Higgins is who we all thought J. Chase was going to be this year. I still like Chase a lot, but Higgins is the clear #1 in Cincinnati this year.
  • Corey Davis, Diontae Johnson, and Marvin Jones all outperform their redraft ADPs @ WR. Austin Ekeler, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson all outperform their redraft ADPs @ RB.
That's all - mostly wanted to document my takes that may not be consensus. I know most (all?) of these are NOT bold calls, sorry if that's what you came for!

Let's hear your confident, somewhat unpopular fantasy takes for 2021...
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Your Most Confident, Unpopular 2021 Fantasy Takes

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Those can’t be that unpopular… I agree with literally all of them :lol:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:16 pm

I agree with pretty much all too lol

Only disagreements I'd have is that Gaskin is a one year rental before Miami's real RB of the future arrives and I am not sure Allen is number 1...certainly top 3 though

My big one though would be that from any kind of projection exercises I've done it's pretty much a given in my mind that TJ Hockenson breaks into the elite TE tier

With the amount of available passing volume and the quality of Lions WRs I just don't see any way it doesn't happen--even before factoring in Goff's love of throwing down the middle of the field

Hell there's enough there to get Swift to an RB1 finish in full PPR and Hock to a top 3 TE one

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:18 am

Disagree with the Hurts take. Other than that, agree with most of it. I don't think Hurts is very good, and will have to really put up good rushing numbers to hit top 8. I think the Eagles will be looking for a QB next year, myself.

My unpopular take is Josh Jacobs does not cede the touches to Drake to the level people think he will. Jacobs is still the lead back, and takes the bulk of the early down work easily eclipsing 250 carries (or 15 a game depending on health). He will continue to see the goal line work and be a value at his ADP. Drake is taking the touches of Booker and Richard from last year, becoming the COP back and 3rd down back for the most part, while Jacobs still retains his role of a guy who flirts with 300 touches. This, IMO, was always the plan, but the FF community doesn't follow the Raiders closely enough to know that.

My 2nd unpopular opinion, is that Derek Carr is one of the best values in Superflex. Going behind guys like Daniel Jones, Goff, and a handful of other guys who have no business going behind him. He'll finish as a high end QB2 again, or at worst mid QB2, giving good value to people who grab him in startups. I am a Raiders, fan but play FF to win. Jacobs and Carr are both values on that team at their ADP.

My 3rd unpopular opinion, is that DJ Chark will outscore Laviska Shenault on the Jags offense this year, despite missing most of pre-season and Shenault getting all the hype.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 pm I'm looking for a few takes that you are confident are going to happen this year, even if they aren't the consensus opinion.
I'll start by piggy-backing off a couple of yours.

1) Jalen Hurts will not end the season as Philly's starting QB.

2) Pitts will not be a T7TE in 2021.

3) Tee Higgins will not finish inside WR30 in 2021.

4) Joe Mixon will not finish inside RB24 in 2021.

5) Dak will be a T3QB in 2021.

6) Tua will be a T12QB in 2021.

7) Justin Jefferson will not finish as a T12WR in 2021.

8) Russell Wilson will throw for 5000+yds and 45+TDs.

9) Gronkowski will be a T5TE in 2021.

10) Chargers DEF will be top 10.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:28 am

Emmanuel Sanders will be a top 15 WR
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Rodgers, D. Jones, Lock, Penix
RB- Chase Brown, Gus, Rico, Keaton Mitchell, Dillion Johnson, K. Ingram,Eli Mitchell
WR- Nabers, Rondale Moore, Jordan Addison, Chris Olave, A.T. Perry, Rashid Shaheed,J. Baker
TE- Bowers, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- E. Cooper, Q. Walker, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:26 am

Baltimore will not have a Top 20 RB in total points or PPG

I don't know if I actually believe this, but I wanted to participate

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:58 am

Derrick Henry is gonna catch a lot more passes this year and doubters will once again get stiff-armed into the netherworld.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:26 am Baltimore will not have a Top 20 RB in total points or PPG

I don't know if I actually believe this, but I wanted to participate
I'm kind of there with you. I expect Ty'son Williams to get 100+ carries barring injury.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:14 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:58 am Derrick Henry is gonna catch a lot more passes this year and doubters will once again get stiff-armed into the netherworld.
So what, like 25? :wink: :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:38 am

CJ Uzomah will be a TE1

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:47 am

Austin Ekeler will be RB1 in PPR formats
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:53 am

Wentz will be a top 12QB. (Not really a bold take, he was QB6 through his 8 starts last season despite being pretty awful and having one of the worst teams I've ever seen assembled around him)

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:24 am

The Buffalo offense takes a step back. Allen finishes as a borderline top 12 QB and Diggs finishes around his normal career numbers of 1100 yards and 7 TDs. Still both good, but not the monster seasons most are expecting.

Swift doesn't finish as a top 15 RB. Detroit is absolutely terrible and this impacts him more than most expect. He finishes with around 1000 combined yards and only 7 combined TDs. He becomes a great buy low candidate next offseason.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:21 am

AB finishes as the WR1 on his team and has a resurgence, which will be his last big year, you will then be able to sell him in the offseason and be happy about it.

2017 RB class begins its decline as the 2020 RB class begins its incline. CMC Cook kamara finish in the top 8, JT and Gibby in the top 4.

Najee Harris does not finish as a top 12 RB