Chase: talk me off the ledge

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Panthers357
All Pro
All Pro

Chase: talk me off the ledge

Postby Panthers357 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:04 am

Getting N’Keal Harry flashbacks after taking him 1.01 in a rookie draft before. I know it’s just one preseason game but had a thought of trading him for Diggs or Adams who are on a rebuilding team (or at least a guy may need to start rebuilding IMO in my league). I have Jamarr Chase on Team number 1 in my signature. Should I stay the course and keep chase or seriously think about trading for an elite wr or rb my team could desperately need? Talk me off the ledge lol.
Last edited by Panthers357 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1 Fleaflicker 12 Team Half PPR Start 9 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1Flex RB, WR,TE 1Def, 1K
QB- A Rich , Stafford, Mac Jones, Minshew
RB- Taylor, Etienne, Ekeler, K Walker, Fournette, k miller, foreman, TDP
WR- ARSB, Adams, Evans, Marquise brown, Burks Gallup, Alec Pierce, Boutte
TE Kittle, Waller, Pitts, t kraft
K- nick folk , moody, Maher
Def- ravens, Giants
24 1st, 2 24 2nds, 3 24 3rds
All 25 picks
26 2nd, 26 3rd and 26 4th

Team 2 Sleeper-Superflex
QB a rich, Kyler, Cousins, Brissett
RB Bijan, Pacheco, jerrick McKinnon, Melvin Gordon, Hubbard, Jaylen Warren
Wr jsn, z flowers, Mike Evans, a cooper, aj brown, skyy moore, Pickens, Christian Watson, John metchie
TE Pitts, Goedert
2020 Champion

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Chase: talk me off the ledge

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:07 am

Diggs and Adams are more sure fire wr's obviously, but unless they help put you over the top, hold. No reason to panic. I think this year will be up and down for Chase as he gets back up to game speed. Long term, he looks great!

Last night was not good though ha ha.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:32 am

He’s overrated

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:38 am

I heard someone on a podcast recently make a good case why he is just a good WR, detailing his college tape as the main reason....not the generational one some have made him out to be. With the news out of camp and this last preseason game, I am on board with this take. If I could get an elite player with 3-4 years left I would trade him.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:42 am

As someone who just traded for Chase, the alligator arms has me a little spooked.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:46 am

On the positive side for making the trade is the reality that for 2021, you would have three T10WRs to go with two T10RBs and a T2TE. You have good depth at those positions, so if Stafford does what we all expect him to do that should make you a real contender for your league unless there are somehow two superteams in your league.

The downside is you could be trading 8 seasons of T10WR (Chase) for 2-3 more seasons of T10WR. The other possible downside is Chase could perform very well this season (85rec/1000yds/8TDs) and be good enough himself to help your team contend.

If the trade is for Diggs, the worry about trading age for youth is reduced, but there could be the nagging concern that you're trading away the WR1 for the next 8 years to get the WR10 for the next four years. I have a hard time predicting that any rookie is ever going to eventually ascend to the #1 spot for his position. I don't see how anyone can do that with a straight face. There are simply too many variables. The realistic best case scenario for Chase is that he becomes Diggs.

WAITAMINUTE!!!!!!! I stopped midpost and looked up WR finishes (overall points and ppg) for the past 5 seasons. Adams is finishing around 5-8 every season, and Diggs is around 12-19. Of course there's outliers like 2020 where they were #1 and #3, but usually they average around #7 and #14. Dang, it's really easy to get caught up on consensus bias :oops: . While Adams and Diggs are very good WRs, the truth is neither is a surefire T5WR stud for half a decade the way Antonio Brown was - ABs are hard to come by and it's clear that neither has that sort of consistency.

At that price for an aging WR, the trade leans a lot more toward Chase. There's risk he never becomes a WR1. There's risk he might have an uneven 2021 and maybe cost your team a chance at truly contending this season. I'd hold with Chase. and hope for generational greatness, and not just generational very goodness.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:22 am

PBFalcon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:38 am I heard someone on a podcast recently make a good case why he is just a good WR, detailing his college tape as the main reason....not the generational one some have made him out to be. With the news out of camp and this last preseason game, I am on board with this take. If I could get an elite player with 3-4 years left I would trade him.
I'll try to talk you off the ledge...

Maybe he isn't a generation talent, most top WRs aren't, but my lord the dynasty overreactions here has my head spinning. He's a rookie in his first pre-season action who hasn't played football in over a year and people are looking to move on from him because he didn't show out immediately? Did everybody forget how Justin Jefferson started last year and he didn't have a full year away from football.

Not to say you shouldn't flip him for Diggs or Adams, amongst the top at the position, but it seems it's time to take a deep breath and give the guy who was a near consensus #1 at his position in the draft more than one pre-season game before you give up on him.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:03 am

The whole Bengals offence looked out of sync with Mixon and Higgins failing to do much either. Chase’s hype has a lot to do with being attached to Burrow and until we see them together I don’t think we can judge his play.

Of his three drops, one was a ball that looked to be behind him and another he slipped and was playing catch up to come down with it. WFT’s safety’s looked to be jumping the routes with Collins having Chase in his sights on two of the drops.

All 3 of those drops are balls he needs to catch if he’s going to succeed in the NFL, but for now he looks like a rookie who sat out last year suffering from bad QB play.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:28 pm

I have been a huge chase doubter on these forms… only because it was stunning to me the groupthink that chase was 1.01

But i also am not panicked by this game. This is what i expected. He is a way bigger risk than most thought, but still like the player. I drafted him 1.07 in a league and was happy
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:17 pm

PBFalcon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:38 am I heard someone on a podcast recently make a good case why he is just a good WR, detailing his college tape as the main reason....not the generational one some have made him out to be. With the news out of camp and this last preseason game, I am on board with this take. If I could get an elite player with 3-4 years left I would trade him.
Might have heard that one. I have thought so this whole time. He's not generational, never was. Pure hyperbole.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Damnit, had a longer post but my phone logged me out on submission. Anyways.

I’m still high on Chase. Maybe have him 1.02 behind Pitts now, whereas I had chase 1a and Pitts 1b a bit ago.

I’d give chase for Adams or Diggs in a heartbeat. Just wanna post this so I can look at it in 4 years haha.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:55 pm

get out from him while you still can

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Dude hasn't played in over a year.

BUT - this is exhibit A on why you don't take WRs at 1.01./ The folks that passed up on Najee missed the boat on a rising stock that looks like a lock to get a top 10 workload as a rookie. There were far too many variables for Chase right off the bat - QB coming off an injury, hadn't played in a year, Cincy, very crowded receiving core... my bet is Chase's value dips a bit after a slow start and he then becomes a buy around midseason. Hold if you have him and ignore the impatience of others.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:15 am

I don’t like what we’ve seen from chase. Looks out of sorts across the board. It’s not like he’s making big plays and having some drops. He is struggling everywhere. Go get adams and rack up 15 TDs this year.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Panthers357
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Panthers357 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:39 am

Now this Instagram post from his girlfriend comes to light. This is crazy. Hope it’s not true
Team 1 Fleaflicker 12 Team Half PPR Start 9 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1Flex RB, WR,TE 1Def, 1K
QB- A Rich , Stafford, Mac Jones, Minshew
RB- Taylor, Etienne, Ekeler, K Walker, Fournette, k miller, foreman, TDP
WR- ARSB, Adams, Evans, Marquise brown, Burks Gallup, Alec Pierce, Boutte
TE Kittle, Waller, Pitts, t kraft
K- nick folk , moody, Maher
Def- ravens, Giants
24 1st, 2 24 2nds, 3 24 3rds
All 25 picks
26 2nd, 26 3rd and 26 4th

Team 2 Sleeper-Superflex
QB a rich, Kyler, Cousins, Brissett
RB Bijan, Pacheco, jerrick McKinnon, Melvin Gordon, Hubbard, Jaylen Warren
Wr jsn, z flowers, Mike Evans, a cooper, aj brown, skyy moore, Pickens, Christian Watson, John metchie
TE Pitts, Goedert
2020 Champion