Package for Pick

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Package for Pick

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:49 am

Roster in signature.. 7 keeper league. I clearly don't have 7 players worth keeping.

Should I make this trade? Am I ridiculous for even asking?

I get: James Conner, Diontae Johnson, Tee Higgins

for: Pick 2.08 in the draft // (remember this is a little more valuable than the rookie 2.08 since there are veterans in the draft as well)
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Package for Pick

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Seems like a great move if you can pull it off, but I'm guessing this is a very light offer even with the elevated pick value.

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:22 pm

I can't imagine there's enough in that draft that you can get Johnson AND Higgins for the 2.08

Any idea what the pool will look like?
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:24 pm

If this is on the table it’s a smash accept…
If you’re offering this it’s super super light..

84 players are being kept in the league.. Higgins is typically ranked around 40th over all.. that means Tee Higgins alone is worth way more then the pick… so you’re also getting Diontae and Conner for free?

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but it doesn’t seem right
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, Spears, Brooks, Benson, D Pierce, Herbert, McLaughlin, Roschon
WR: Aiyuk, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, E Moore, Michael Wilson
TE: Kincaid, Sinnott, Njoku

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:39 pm

No, you guys are reading it right. This is actually on the table.

The guy trading with me is a powerhouse and has 10+ players that he can keep, so he's willing to unload some of them for cheap. He's also motivated to make sure other loaded teams in the league can't get their hands on these guys in the draft.

Not sure why I'm having reservations.. I think it could be the fact that this guy is so loaded that it feels like I'm making a deal with the devil. Also I'm not excited about Conner and I need RBs but that's a story for another day I guess.
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:39 pm No, you guys are reading it right. This is actually on the table.

The guy trading with me is a powerhouse and has 10+ players that he can keep, so he's willing to unload some of them for cheap. He's also motivated to make sure other loaded teams in the league can't get their hands on these guys in the draft.

Not sure why I'm having reservations.. I think it could be the fact that this guy is so loaded that it feels like I'm making a deal with the devil. Also I'm not excited about Conner and I need RBs but that's a story for another day I guess.
I hate teams like that lol. I have one team in my league that wins huge on every trade he does lol..
but I’d still absolutely do this trade if I were you… let say he did drop Higgins, I’m not even sure if he’d last to the 2.8 if you kept it..
I wouldn’t care about anything other then your team, I’m super high on Higgins and I believe that Diontae can get that drop issue resolved though.
I just feel like no matter how you look at it, it’s a win for you.
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, Spears, Brooks, Benson, D Pierce, Herbert, McLaughlin, Roschon
WR: Aiyuk, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, E Moore, Michael Wilson
TE: Kincaid, Sinnott, Njoku

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:47 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:24 pm If this is on the table it’s a smash accept…

84 players are being kept in the league.. Higgins is typically ranked around 40th over all.. that means Tee Higgins alone is worth way more then the pick… so you’re also getting Diontae and Conner for free?

This is exactly what I was coming down to say. I'm thinking it's likely the other guy has a stacked team and can't keep them all, and so he's looking to roll over some value from this year to next. In a keeper league vs dynasty, these are the hard hitting questions year to year.

Any time you're in a keeper league (usually 6+ but sometimes can pull this off with less) and don't have enough evident keepers, always seek out the most stacked teams and offer up picks lower than his 'losable keeper'. Example like ant said, Higgins is worth a 4th-6th round start up pick. Team X has 8 locked n loaded keepers (keep 6 in this example) and Higgins is one who may be on the bubble, i like to send offers of like a 6th or 7th for those bubble guys on his roster, but sure fire keeper on my squad. With the keepers off the board this would typically be something like a 12th or later start up pick. Even if he counters, it's typically still good value because the stacked owner has no leverage. This is all pretty basic stuff but for anyone who may not play keeper or may not have thought of it then this is for you guys. 💪

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Bennyblanco22 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:47 pm
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:24 pm If this is on the table it’s a smash accept…

This is exactly what I was coming down to say. I'm thinking it's likely the other guy has a stacked team and can't keep them all, and so he's looking to roll over some value from this year to next. In a keeper league vs dynasty, these are the hard hitting questions year to year.

Any time you're in a keeper league (usually 6+ but sometimes can pull this off with less) and don't have enough evident keepers, always seek out the most stacked teams and offer up picks lower than his 'losable keeper'. Example like ant said, Higgins is worth a 4th-6th round start up pick. Team X has 8 locked n loaded keepers (keep 6 in this example) and Higgins is one who may be on the bubble, i like to send offers of like a 6th or 7th for those bubble guys on his roster, but sure fire keeper on my squad. With the keepers off the board this would typically be something like a 12th or later start up pick. Even if he counters, it's typically still good value because the stacked owner has no leverage. This is all pretty basic stuff but for anyone who may not play keeper or may not have thought of it then this is for you guys. 💪
Thanks for this. It’s tough to find good deep keeper advice like this. All the content out there is geared towards redraft or dynasty, and this league is kind of a blend of both. I lean heavily on dynasty advice but there are subtle differences such as the advice you’re giving here. I appreciate it.

repkllrs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:51 pm

Either of Higgins/Diontae would be worth that pick in a combined rook/vet draft. Both is a smash accept.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:47 pm

Hopefully you’ve accepted already cause that’s insane value for that pick
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 pm

Bennyblanco22 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:47 pm

This is excellent advice. I’m in a keep 9 and I’ve taken peanuts this offseason for dionte, juju, Julio, and others because I honestly wouldn’t be able to keep them under the league guidelines. I’d basically take anything for them but I was lucky enough to package them up with various picks to move up in the draft to 1.03 and 1.01 but guys with too many to keep will take anything for their extra players and you should be looking to swoop in cause it’s either trade them for less than they’re worth or cut them for nothing in return
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:05 pm

Predictably so my friend backed out of the proposal and is now offering only 1 of the WRs (whichever I prefer) and Conner.

Still a smash accept? If so which WR should I take?

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Yup. Id try to take conner out and get both wrs, even if you have to add a later pick or maybe a pick swap, on top of the second you'd be giving up. Not a fan of conner at all. Some are higher on him, but unless you are very light for keepers he probably won't make the cut anyway. Higgins first for me though if nothing else. You still might be able to get the original deal done if you remind him that he won't be able to keep them all. He almost certainly already knows this but may fold under a little pressure.