Tight ends outside the top 10 that you're targeting?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tight ends outside the top 10 that you're targeting?

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 pm

Outside of the top 10 I'm really only targeting lotto picks.

We know enough about the hyped players outside of the top 10 to be very skeptical of them ever reaching an elite ceiling.. and their price at this point already assumes they're going to be TE1s. There just isn't all that much value to gain with them at this point, imo.

With that said, the TE's I'm targeting are: Jacob Harris, Tommy Tremble, OJ Howard

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 pm Outside of the top 10 I'm really only targeting lotto picks.

We know enough about the hyped players outside of the top 10 to be very skeptical of them ever reaching an elite ceiling.. and their price at this point already assumes they're going to be TE1s. There just isn't all that much value to gain with them at this point, imo.

With that said, the TE's I'm targeting are: Jacob Harris, Tommy Tremble, OJ Howard
I believe the Rams have listed Jacob Harris as a WR.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:00 pm
Sriracha wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 pm Outside of the top 10 I'm really only targeting lotto picks.

I might've missed something, but everything I've seen up to this point has him listed as a TE?

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:07 pm

I might've missed something, but everything I've seen up to this point has him listed as a TE?
I was basing this off of a June 4th Rotoworld blurb that I saw. However, the Rams have been running him as a TE in practise and the fantasy sites have him listed as a TE, so Rotoworld could have this wrong. I did see a Rams' roster posted on ESPN that had Harris listed as WR. At 6'5" and 211 lbs. he would be kind of skinny even for WR standards. It would help his cause if he could put on a little more weight.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:00 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:07 pm

I was basing this off of a June 4th Rotoworld blurb that I saw. However, the Rams have been running him as a TE in practise and the fantasy sites have him listed as a TE, so Rotoworld could have this wrong. I did see a Rams' roster posted on ESPN that had Harris listed as WR. At 6'5" and 211 lbs. he would be kind of skinny even for WR standards. It would help his cause if he could put on a little more weight.
I see, everything from the Rams have stated that they plan to use him as a TE (coming directly from the coaching staff) and he's been bulking up since he ended the college season, getting up to 219 by his pro day and I'd expect him to gain more weight as he continues his NFL career.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:54 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:25 pm
honcho55 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 pm MN fan here: I’ve heard hype about Conklin getting a growing role, rather than Irv. Somewhat irritating both for fantasy and as a fan.
Seems like a Minnesota thing to do.
lol apparently Zimmer agreed. coach said Irv's role "won't grow" in 2021 and to curtail expectations for a Rudolph-esque receiving season

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm

What about Njoku as a stash or is everyone off that train?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Ski mask ready wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm What about Njoku as a stash or is everyone off that train?
I still think Njoku could break out. He's young, and has a good profile but I don't see it happening for him in Cleveland. When there was talk of him being dealt last offseason I was intrigued. But it didn't happen, and they picked up his 5th year option. I don't expect a lot out of him in 2021, but could see him succeeding on another team in 2022.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Short Term:

Jordan Akins - Somewhat under the radar because he has not played a full season & obviously is not going to be playing with Watson, but likely to be lead TE in Houston now that Fells is gone and has improved his target share & yards/game each year while learning the position as a positional convert (used to play baseball & then was a WR).

Austin Hooper - 13 game production pro-rated over 16 games basically puts him as a low end TE1. I have said this before over the years, and no doubt I'll say it again many more, but 80*+ targets is the key to TE1 production. Hoopers pace was 86. The last 2 years he got 80+ targets he finished mid TE1 range. We should remember, like with WRs, it can take a full year for a TE to fully fit into a new team scheme. So if he was originally a 2nd round price and his ADP has dropped like a stone then if you can get him for a 4th seems like a low price to pay for a proven producer.

Jared Cook - As we have seen TE is a position that doesnt seem to hate players in their mid 30s. Hunter Henry had 93 targets in 14 games and Cook has been pretty consistent at getting that 5 target / game threshold you need for 80 targets / year these past 4 years despite different QBs & systems.

Players I do not expect to see (excluding injuries to other TEs) in the top 12 in 2021:

Blake Jarwin
Irv Smith

Has nothing to do with the players - just too much competition against them to safely project 80+ targets.

Long Term:

Eric Ebron
Evan Engram
OJ Howard
Hayden Hurst
David Njoku

Simply continue to bet on 1st round pedigree - as historical stats show (see data shared on dont spend 1st round pick on Pitts thread) how long and how favorable (in comparison to most TEs) 1st round TEs career production is. So even if they do not make the top 12 this season (and odds are that at least 1 or 2 will), they'll be consistently in the TE1 mix year after year. So if you can buy low & stash ...

* - As usual in 2020 only 2 of the top 12 did not have 80+ targets, 1 had 77 (and is a sure fire HOF) and the other had double digit TDs and Aaron Rodgers.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:45 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:51 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Yeah I got Everett in a TE Premium this off-season and he’s going to start as a FLEX more than likely since it’s deep lineups. 65/800/7 could be within his grasp.
And I totally forgot to add that his OC switched teams along with him. So there's familiarity there for Everett. Has to be a plus, right?
The biggest plus is the TE room. Dissly is fine and I like Parkinson but opportunity galore.
Man, if Dissly could only stay healthy he could be THE guy in Seattle. I remember him being lined up on Clowney 1:1 and stonewalling him while Russell ran around behind him until someone got open. He’s not the most athletic - and the injuries won’t help that - but so far in his career if he’s been healthy he’s been great.

Hope he can put it together for a full season.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:43 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pmAustin Hooper - 13 game production pro-rated over 16 games basically puts him as a low end TE1. I have said this before over the years, and no doubt I'll say it again many more, but 80*+ targets is the key to TE1 production. Hoopers pace was 86. The last 2 years he got 80+ targets he finished mid TE1 range. We should remember, like with WRs, it can take a full year for a TE to fully fit into a new team scheme. So if he was originally a 2nd round price and his ADP has dropped like a stone then if you can get him for a 4th seems like a low price to pay for a proven producer.
Not convinced at all. He had two big target games last year (15 and 10) but his rest of season target counts were uninspiring- 7, 6, pair of 5s, 2x4s, and 4x 2s. As soon as he landed in Cleveland and then they drafted Harrison Bryant, I cooled on Hooper big time as a short term asset.

that said, he's shown he can be very productive if a central part of the offense, so I think he becomes a buy low stash.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:43 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pmAustin Hooper - 13 game production pro-rated over 16 games basically puts him as a low end TE1. I have said this before over the years, and no doubt I'll say it again many more, but 80*+ targets is the key to TE1 production. Hoopers pace was 86. The last 2 years he got 80+ targets he finished mid TE1 range. We should remember, like with WRs, it can take a full year for a TE to fully fit into a new team scheme. So if he was originally a 2nd round price and his ADP has dropped like a stone then if you can get him for a 4th seems like a low price to pay for a proven producer.
Not convinced at all. He had two big target games last year (15 and 10) but his rest of season target counts were uninspiring- 7, 6, pair of 5s, 2x4s, and 4x 2s. As soon as he landed in Cleveland and then they drafted Harrison Bryant, I cooled on Hooper big time as a short term asset.

that said, he's shown he can be very productive if a central part of the offense, so I think he becomes a buy low stash.
Yeah I like Harrison Bryant and I can definitely see by 2022, or more likely 2023 assuming he keeps developing, having the chance to be the lead TE in Cleveland. A lot will depend on his progression. Hooper is there til 2023 due to his contract I believe.

As always, cost of acquisition is key. I think we both agree Hooper could be a buy low target. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:25 pm
Ski mask ready wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm What about Njoku as a stash or is everyone off that train?
I still think Njoku could break out. He's young, and has a good profile but I don't see it happening for him in Cleveland. When there was talk of him being dealt last offseason I was intrigued. But it didn't happen, and they picked up his 5th year option. I don't expect a lot out of him in 2021, but could see him succeeding on another team in 2022.
Same here. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least have an Ebron-like resurgence when he changes teams (minus the flukey TD numbers for Ebron in Indy). He also seems like he has matured and improved as a blocker, and the coaches in Cleveland love him for that (hopefully not enough to resign him at market lol).
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Irv Smith Jr.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:29 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:25 pm
Same here. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least have an Ebron-like resurgence when he changes teams (minus the flukey TD numbers for Ebron in Indy). He also seems like he has matured and improved as a blocker, and the coaches in Cleveland love him for that (hopefully not enough to resign him at market lol).
Agreed. Otherwise it's Bryant at TE who would be blocked. And I've got some eggs in that basket!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku