Tim Tebow Thread: To the Jags TE Convert

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tim Tebow to the Jags

Postby jordanzs » Fri May 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Looks like Taysom Tebow is gonna stick perhaps

He’s listed as a TE now. Do we think he will have TE eligibility all year? I’m doing best balls right now and as a TE he could use useful for a few games perhaps. Unless they change his position.

And what about MFL? I’m doing some rookie/FA drafts right now. Will the commish have authority to leave him in the TE position?

I don’t agree with Taysom Hill being TE eligible as some sites had it set up like that last year. Tebow is an interesting case though.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri May 28, 2021 2:10 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:07 pm Looks like Taysom Tebow is gonna stick perhaps

He’s listed as a TE now. Do we think he will have TE eligibility all year? I’m doing best balls right now and as a TE he could use useful for a few games perhaps. Unless they change his position.

And what about MFL? I’m doing some rookie/FA drafts right now. Will the commish have authority to leave him in the TE position?

I don’t agree with Taysom Hill being TE eligible as some sites had it set up like that last year. Tebow is an interesting case though.
are you suggesting he be listed as a QB instead? I don't really see why he wouldn't be classified as a TE until he starts taking reps from T law.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 28, 2021 2:13 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:10 pm
jordanzs wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:07 pm Looks like Taysom Tebow is gonna stick perhaps

are you suggesting he be listed as a QB instead? I don't really see why he wouldn't be classified as a TE until he starts taking reps from T law.
Some fantasy sites used to, not sure if they still do, use the position the player played the most games at the previous season. So if a guy played games at RB/WR or LF/1B or C/Def (depending on sport) they would next year assign the position he played the most at and he'd have to re-earn the other positions all over again. So if a guy played 10 games at WR and 4 at RB, he'd be an WR only the following season. In Tebows case technically he'd be listed as a QB since he has yet to actually play a game at TE.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri May 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Tebow sucked at qb, a position he played his whole life, but somehow is gonna be good at tight end at 34 and like 8 years removed from NFL. To say he is gonna change to te, learn the position at 34 and be good is disrespectful to every NFL te. Tebow is nothing more than a clown show.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 28, 2021 2:15 pm

At least with MFL he's labeled as a TE already. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 28, 2021 2:21 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am
the "he's taking a spot from someone" thing is so weird to me.
Let me clarify. His is taking the opportunity away from another young athlete because he doesn't have his friendship with the coach and the PR potential Tebow has. Thinking Tebow was invited with aspirations of him being the starting TE is crazy to me. Neither player will make the team, but I'd rather decisions be made for football reasons, not for nepotism or PR reasons. If Tebow proves me wrong, great on him. That would be impressive. Have nothing against him, jut don't like the optics.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Why in the Seven Hells are so many people spun up about this? NFL teams sign a ton of guys to fill spots at this time of the year, knowing that a lot of those guys won’t make the team. Some of them are feel-good stories or local standouts because it provokes some interest at a time where almost no one except geeks like us care about the NFL - they recognize they are in the entertainment business and some of these signings are nothing but PR moves.

Let me know when Tebow is taking meaningful snaps in week 3 PS and then maybe there’s a story there. Until then, just crack open a cold one, relax, and enjoy the upcoming grilling season.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 29, 2021 5:52 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:22 pm Why in the Seven Hells are so many people spun up about this? NFL teams sign a ton of guys to fill spots at this time of the year, knowing that a lot of those guys won’t make the team. Some of them are feel-good stories or local standouts because it provokes some interest at a time where almost no one except geeks like us care about the NFL - they recognize they are in the entertainment business and some of these signings are nothing but PR moves.

Let me know when Tebow is taking meaningful snaps in week 3 PS and then maybe there’s a story there. Until then, just crack open a cold one, relax, and enjoy the upcoming grilling season.
Because a 33-year-old QB, who hasn't taken an NFL snap in 9 years, woke up, said he's going to become a TE, and got signed to a team.

Most players are not as privileged.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat May 29, 2021 6:09 am

There is Only one reason this post was started and has nothing to do with or without ability
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat May 29, 2021 7:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:52 am

We’re talking about guys who get paid extraordinary amounts of money - compared to the overwhelming remainder of the population - to play a game. I’d say quite a few of them ought to be considered privileged.

Well, people can continue to get their panties in a bunch over this. I’ll sign back into this thread if he manages to make the final roster.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat May 29, 2021 8:29 am

Tvols wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:09 am There is Only one reason this post was started and has nothing to do with or without ability
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

A couple of points.

1) It is laughable thinking he is taking someone more deserved of an opportunity. He hasn't actually even made the team.

2) The Jags won 1 friggen game last season...ONE. If the new coach wants to bring in someone that will work as hard or harder than anyone on the roster to help start a culture change no one should even argue.

He may not make the final roster, he might but anyone overlooking the fact that he will work hard to show young men how to win might want to rethink that position. I still maintain there is a good chance this is a stepping stone to a coaching gig where he can bring in his brand of positivity to an organization. Meyer already knows what Tebow has on and off the field.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 29, 2021 8:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:22 pm Why in the Seven Hells are so many people spun up about this? NFL teams sign a ton of guys to fill spots at this time of the year, knowing that a lot of those guys won’t make the team. Some of them are feel-good stories or local standouts because it provokes some interest at a time where almost no one except geeks like us care about the NFL - they recognize they are in the entertainment business and some of these signings are nothing but PR moves.

Because a 33-year-old QB, who hasn't taken an NFL snap in 9 years, woke up, said he's going to become a TE, and got signed to a team.

and? what's your point? most players would not have sold the amount of jerseys he's sold already.

make money do good for business, business make decision to make money.

putting aside my snark, it pays well to be liked. Its not like the guy had 32 teams scrambling to sign him, he was probably in talks with Meyer for months before he signed. Who cares how "privileged" he is lmao
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 am

ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:41 am

and? what's your point? most players would not have sold the amount of jerseys he's sold already.

make money do good for business, business make decision to make money.

putting aside my snark, it pays well to be liked. Its not like the guy had 32 teams scrambling to sign him, he was probably in talks with Meyer for months before he signed. Who cares how "privileged" he is lmao
I'm sure all the players in the Jaguars locker room agree with you.

Alright ownership! Make money! Who cares if the player shouldn't be in the NFL!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 29, 2021 9:03 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:13 am

We’re talking about guys who get paid extraordinary amounts of money - compared to the overwhelming remainder of the population - to play a game. I’d say quite a few of them ought to be considered privileged.

Well, people can continue to get their panties in a bunch over this. I’ll sign back into this thread if he manages to make the final roster.
Tebow getting drafted in the first round wasn't privilege. Maybe he should or shouldn't have been drafted there, but it was clear he had at least done enough to warrant a shot in the NFL as a college player.

You can't say the same about signing him 9 years after his last NFL snap to play a completely different position.

We know why there's negative feedback to Jacksonville signing him and it's completely justified.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat May 29, 2021 9:06 am

Tvols wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:09 am There is Only one reason this post was started and has nothing to do with or without ability
Correct. It was to congratulate the forum as a whole for just ignoring this blatant PR stunt and not getting swept up into the hype machine. So much for that, eh?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0