Terrace Marshall Jr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Terrace Marshall Jr

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:25 pm

I traded him and a 2 for Kareem Hunt to a complete rebuild. A week later, the guy dropped him. Weird.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:03 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:25 pm I traded him and a 2 for Kareem Hunt to a complete rebuild. A week later, the guy dropped him. Weird.
This belongs in the "why bad fantasy teams stay bad" thread.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:03 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:25 pm I traded him and a 2 for Kareem Hunt to a complete rebuild. A week later, the guy dropped him. Weird.
This belongs in the "why bad fantasy teams stay bad" thread.
This isn't weird, it's dumb
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:45 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm People seem VERY down on him through week 12 of his rookie year. Even seeing ridiculous comments that people will trade him for whatever value they can get to get away from him.
He started off playing a decent number of snaps and then his role decreased, then got injured. Not sure what to make of it, but he remains 21 and still very talented. I wouldn't be dumping just yet.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:29 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:45 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm People seem VERY down on him through week 12 of his rookie year. Even seeing ridiculous comments that people will trade him for whatever value they can get to get away from him.
He started off playing a decent number of snaps and then his role decreased, then got injured. Not sure what to make of it, but he remains 21 and still very talented. I wouldn't be dumping just yet.
Yeah, I don't have him anywhere, was in a great position to draft him for value mid 2nd and traded out but one guy was dismissing him entirely based on his stats from the last three games. He wanted nothing to do with him. I had to keep checking that it was, in fact, a DYNASTY discussion, not DFS or redraft.

If that person's opinion is more common, I might have to go Marshall hunting when trading opens up again.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:26 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:29 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:45 am
Yeah, I don't have him anywhere, was in a great position to draft him for value mid 2nd and traded out but one guy was dismissing him entirely based on his stats from the last three games. He wanted nothing to do with him. I had to keep checking that it was, in fact, a DYNASTY discussion, not DFS or redraft.

If that person's opinion is more common, I might have to go Marshall hunting when trading opens up again.
Yup I said it in the rookie WR production thread, but I'd buy more shares if I hadn't already. I haven't seen much better value for a late 2nd. Now he seems to be in the 3rd round pick range. Worth the gamble for me

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:27 am

Heffy scratch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:11 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:27 am Heffy scratch
Never a good sign

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:11 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:27 am Heffy scratch
Never a good sign
Getting your job taken by "Brandon Zylstra" isn't ideal at all.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:55 pm

I'm worried... Wasn't this dude hand picked by Joe Brady and company? How comes he can't earn a snap? I mean. Just. Why?

Is he injured??? Was that concussion earlier this year worse than they let on?

What else I don't get is... if Marshall stayed behind a year in college there's no doubt he'd be lighting it up. Come 2022 he'd be a 1st round fantasy pick.

You can't get anything for him now. We're stuck with him.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:03 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:55 pm I'm worried... Wasn't this dude hand picked by Joe Brady and company? How comes he can't earn a snap? I mean. Just. Why?

What else I don't get is... if Marshall stayed behind a year in college there's no doubt he'd be lighting it up. Come 2022 he'd be a 1st round fantasy pick.

This isn't the first time this has happened to a guy and won't be the last. Let's just say it's a really really bad track record and if anyone wants to "buy the dip" you should let them

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:03 pm
halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:55 pm I'm worried... Wasn't this dude hand picked by Joe Brady and company? How comes he can't earn a snap? I mean. Just. Why?

This isn't the first time this has happened to a guy and won't be the last. Let's just say it's a really really bad track record and if anyone wants to "buy the dip" you should let them
I don't have him anywhere or tried to get him. Why would an owner be so willing to sell? Think I saw a bit from some thread (the rookie production thread?) that a WR producing so few yards per game is an indication the player won't pan out. Is there a reason based on the player's performance, itself?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:48 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:42 pm

I don't have him anywhere or tried to get him. Why would an owner be so willing to sell? Think I saw a bit from some thread (the rookie production thread?) that a WR producing so few yards per game is an indication the player won't pan out. Is there a reason based on the player's performance, itself?
Thats pretty much it, his rookie production(basically the best predictor of future success we have at this point in his career) says he has an incredibly high bust rate. More so than what I've seen him be called a buy at (late 2nd or early 3rd). Combine his name recognition with the risk associated and its likely you can get something of some value for him or add him onto somethibg for an upgrade.

The reality is holding these guys because wrs don't hit till year 3 is a bit or a fallacy and more often than not player's that are going to break out show something in there rookie year and also year 2 actually has a higher breakout rate .

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Well, his PFF grade is also terrible, which is supposed to be based on player performance. And also I haven’t seen his reception perception charts but from Matt harmons tweets it seems he doesn’t score well in that either.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:39 pm

Way too early to judge Marshall with such incompetent QB play so far.

However it's clear at this point that Brady prefers to feed the ball to CMC, Moore, Robby before he even thinks about Marshall.

I love his talent but he's buried and has horrendous QB play. Receipe for poor fantasy results atm.

All you can do is hold.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff