My over-valued rookie RB for 2021? Javonte Williams

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: My over-valued rookie RB for 2021? Javonte Williams

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:37 amYou see Williams and see (from what I have gathered) a one dimensional runner with minus athleticism. I see strong parallels to Kareem Hunt across his entire game - including the negatives portrayed in Hunt’sscouting report that turned out to be wrong - which translates to a much more diverse runner than what you see. But I’m okay with you seeing what you see. None of us know with any certainty how these guys will translate at the next level.
Oh I definitely see Kareem Hunt when I watch Williams. The styles are too parallel. Same build, same athletic report, same everything. The comp is just too similar to ignore. You're the one who brought this to my attention. I've done nothing but watch film on these two for days. Maybe Hunt has slightly more athleticism and burst? But also, maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Hunt was a third round pick based on his overall profile. I see Williams similarly to Hunt. That's partially why I am assuming Williams won't be a first.

Do you possibly see Hunt as a first rounder today if the draft were to be done over? If so, that's a fair argument to make for Williams being a first rounder too.

This draft can't happen fast enough!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:24 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 am

Do you possibly see Hunt as a first rounder today if the draft were to be done over? If so, that's a fair argument to make for Williams being a first rounder too.

This draft can't happen fast enough!
From what was guessed at that time? No, Hunt would probably be a 3rd rounder again. From what we know now? Hunt would be the best RB in this group. And if I can see that, I’m guessing some NFL decision makers might see that too and also see the striking similarity between Williams and Hunt.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Very curious to see what happens. I've wondered a lot why teams aren't interested in just smashing RB right before the 1/2 turn. It's happened a couple of times in recent years, CEH, Sony Michel, Rashaad Penny, Josh Jacobs, the last couple of years, and honestly, it kinda makes sense if you by the RB age cliff. Most of these backs will have their prime production years be nailed down w/a rookie deal+option, that's generally their age 21, 22, 23,24 and 25 year old seasons if you say yes to the rookie option, with this year, Etienne and Harris are older than last years guys, so you'd get 22-26, all of the prime, you'd never be incentivized to resign, and can max them out for 5 years and draft their replacement either before their final season or after based upon your judgment of the two RB classes. I don't get all the early 2nd rounders, where you don't get that fifth year option, you end up trapping yourself, having to either overpay for the decline sooner because you don't have the fifth year option, or letting them go so you don't pay for the decline.

Anyway, seems like for now, people laying a marker down on who will go where isn't helpful because at this stage it seems quite clear that some teams have Harris #1, some teams have Williams #1 and some teams have Etienne #1, and basically the RB's will go in the order probably of where the teams picking outside of top 10, have their preferences aligned because anyone top 10 seems set to pass on RB and just take a look at RB in round 2. I'm praying for the sake of my Sanders shares that whomever Philly loves is selected before their second rounder comes due, they seem to want a RB on day 2.

I don't think anyone should be doing a strut if their guy goes first, needless to say, as it definitely seems clear it will be randomness more than anything that determines who goes on the board. Williams may go #1, if the teams that are fans are largely in that 15-30 zone, Najee will if the bulk of his fans are in that zone, and Etienne might, if one of his fans is picking and sees all their other targets go early.

Personally I'm:
1.Etienne
2.Williams
3. Harris

I'd switch Harris and Williams if Harris wasn't nearly 2 years older than Williams, but he is.